The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

London skyscraper with design flaw

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now here's something you don't see very often.
http://news.yahoo.com/londons-burning-skys...-161502265.html
A new skyscraper in London known as the "Walkie-Talkie" has been causing problems in the area due to a serious design flaw. Basically, the south face of the building is concave, and the windows are very reflective. This causes sunlight to be focused in a small area, kind of like a giant magnifying glass. This "death ray" effect has already caused cars to melt and parts of some nearby buildings to catch on fire.

The architect had already built a similar building with a similar problem in Las Vegas, so one does have to ask, "What was this guy thinking?" Obviously, the issue just can't be ignored, so the real problem is how to fix it, now that the building is already complete.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't imagine how much it would cost to replace the faƁade if it comes to that.  You would have thought the architect would have learned their lesson after the first building.

In case anyone is wondering here is a picture of some of the damage to the car:

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The windows on the entire south side will have to be replaced, or a convex aluminum mirror will have to be erected south of the building.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I wonder what the people who took him on as the architect were thinking. Couldn't they see his plans were a little too close to his Las Vegas hotel?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Honestly, this is almost too weird to take it serious yet it really happened... wonder who employed this guy  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd also be worried about what they used in the car that it MELTED.