The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Lego Batman Movie

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just came back from seeing this movie this afternoon. While the Lego Movie will always be my absolute favorite movie, the Lego Batman Movie definitely comes very close to that.

I like how this movie gives its own take on how Robin became Batman's sidekick, so anyone who's not really familiar with the DC Comics franchise (like myself) could still enjoy the movie. In addition, we also got to see practically every Batman villain ever make an appearance throughout the movie, including some of the more obscure ones.

Just like with the Lego Movie, this movie has lots funny moments, including some "kid-logic" effects (such as the guards literally shouting "Pew! Pew! Pew!"whenever they fired their guns). Lego has always been well-known for their quirky humor, and I certainly loved seeing it in this movie.

(spoilers)
And just like how the Lego Movie had that twist of being linked to the "real world", the Lego Batman Movie also has another realm linked to it known as "the Phantom Zone" where the worst villains of many other franchises are held (such as Sauron from Lord of the Rings, Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter, the Daleks from Doctor Who, the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, and even Agent Smith from the Matrix). I had assumed this movie would stick exclusively to DC Comics, so I was quite pleasantly surprised to see all these other baddies show up to unleash destruction on Gotham City.
(end spoilers)

Overall, definitely a great movie that was worth seeing in the theater. I may not be interested in getting any of the Lego sets based on it like I did with the Lego Movie, but it's still a great movie that I wouldn't mind seeing many times over again.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I did to it was very well thought out and I also liked the bond between Robin and batman also.