The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mythbusters

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, first off, here's the Full-Length 720p version on YouTube of the latest episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmX8kQygLz4

Man, I absolutely loved the look of their fuel-efficient bike.  Too bad I can't ride one. -_-

So, a bullet can stop an RPG, but both shooters would survive?  Still, as cool as it was, I'm not EVER trying that sort of stunt.

Now, to await the next episode. :D

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really liked last week's episode. :lol  A wrecking ball sized Newton's Cradle? That's just hilarious! :lol

I found out that Adam Savage is hosting the next episode of Curiosity (a show on Discovery on Sunday's at 8 p.m.), and the topic of it will be "Can we live forever?" From what I saw on the TV ad, he appears not only as his regular self, but also as a very old man and also as possibly a cyborg of some kind. :lol  I've gotta watch that.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night's episode was interesting. Looks like a blindfolded person really can't move in a straight line. Watching Adam and Jamie go around in circles was very funny, especially seeing it on time-lapse. :lol

I recently checked the schedule of Sunday evening and not only is Adam hosting the next episode of Curiosity (which has been moved to 9 p.m. this week), but both Adam and Jamie will host a one-hour special at 8 p.m. about the life of Steve Jobs.

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, you can't walk in a straight line while blindfolded, and Hollywood Effects STILL prove to be fake.  Why am I not surprised by the latter? :)

Still, I will admit, VERY enjoyable episode. :)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Oh man! I love this show! It's very fun to watch, and yeah Hollywood Effects were still proved to be fake.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You should have seen last night's episode of Curiosity. Adam goes on quite an interesting (hypothetical) journey to live to be 1000 years old. Not even an asteroid apocalypse was going to stop him. :lol:  This link has a few short clips from that show:
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/ca...-forever-videos

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I found the full episode on YouTube today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-X5Ylka1_s&feature=related

Alright, back to Mythbusters, looks one of the myths they'll test on tonight's episode is if an excavator can be used like a giant paddle on a raft. This should be interesting.

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Oct 19 2011 on  02:00 PM

Alright, back to Mythbusters, looks one of the myths they'll test on tonight's episode is if an excavator can be used like a giant paddle on a raft. This should be interesting.
CRAP!  They went and removed it due to copyright!  Why must practically EVERY Entertainment company be Copyright Nazis?  Don't they realize the damage they do to their shows by doing this?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After a little searching on the web, I did find the latest episode of Mythbusters.  I STILL can't believe they flew a plane made entirely out of duct tape.

Also, I found the 3 myths of an excavator quite enjoyable.

Hmm... What other crazy things can they try with Duct Tape?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 20 2011 on  12:05 PM
Quote from: The Chronicler,Oct 19 2011 on  02:00 PM

CRAP!  They went and removed it due to copyright!  Why must practically EVERY Entertainment company be Copyright Nazis?  Don't they realize the damage they do to their shows by doing this?
If you want to see it on TV, it'll be on again on Sunday at 9 a.m. (yes, in the morning). I recommend you record it, which I plan on doing. Since I consider it one of my favorite episodes of any show on TV, I'll want to be able to watch it as many times as I want to. :D

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm realizing now that my latest obsession is that 1-hour show hosted by Adam Savage about how someone can live forever. I think a major reason for this is that, even though the science behind it could become a reality someday, this show is set up more like a sci-fi movie than an actual documentary (complete with an awesome soundtrack). I searched again today and it looks like someone else has uploaded the episode just hours ago, this time in three parts. Since I don't expect it to stay for long, I'm still going to record the rerun on TV tomorrow morning. For those of you who haven't seen it yet but want to see it now, here's your chance: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You should have seen last night's episode. The myth was that an explosion in a sewer could cause a manhole cover to shoot high into the air. Seeing the result full-scale was awesome! :wow

Looks like for the next episode, they'll talk about the top 12 places they've been to throughout the entire show. This should be interesting.

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Oct 22 2011 on  08:40 PM
I'm realizing now that my latest obsession is that 1-hour show hosted by Adam Savage about how someone can live forever. I think a major reason for this is that, even though the science behind it could become a reality someday, this show is set up more like a sci-fi movie than an actual documentary (complete with an awesome soundtrack). I searched again today and it looks like someone else has uploaded the episode just hours ago, this time in three parts. Since I don't expect it to stay for long, I'm still going to record the rerun on TV tomorrow morning. For those of you who haven't seen it yet but want to see it now, here's your chance: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Not only is this episode still around, but it has now been set up and so that the company at hand can make money off of it when you watch it.  Good job there, guys.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really liked the latest episode. I'm honestly surprised they actually got banned from a quarry (the one from "Knock your socks off"). It was also interesting to hear more about some of the earliest myths they tested (like how Jamie still misses that granite ball he made for "Tree cannon" that was fired but never found).

The next episode will be another Top 12 countdown, this one for water-based myths.

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what?  I just recently watched the Top 12 Locations Countdown online, and I can't believe how awesome that was!  I seriously loved this episode.

The thing is, this episode made me realize that there's a lot I didn't get to see over the years I avoided them. (For reasons that I don't want to mention and feel to be so stupid, I feel like killing myself over them.) Now, I'm just wondering where the heck I can find them online?  After all, The Discovery Channel isn't exactly on the right side with it's fans when it comes to copyright and all that.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's on Netflix, if you have that. Don't know of any other legitimate place online you could get them.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually did find that the episodes have been uploaded to MegaVideo. (By several people.) So, it will limit me in the end, but it does allow me to watch them without spending anything.

At this point, I'm trying to save money, so I'll go ahead and just deal with this limitation.  Besides, I'm in no hurry here. :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really liked the the Top 12 Water Myths Countdown. With water, ice, and steam, all kinds of awesome (and destructive) things have happened throughout the show.

The next episode is one where they'll randomly pick viewer-suggested myths.

- Berix

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
This show was and is awesome. I loved a lot of the stuff they showed.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quite some interesting viewer-suggested myths, such as the probability of a pick-a-door game show, where to survive grenade shrapnel, the effectiveness of holding a gun in different ways, and re-seating and re-inflating a tire with a flammable gas. (I liked seeing Adam dress up for each of the different ways to hold a gun. :lol )

Only one more episode left this season.

- Berix