The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BOSE and BOSE II

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Having thought about it for a while and seeing the grand spectrum of awesome fanfics created by our own members here, I thought (as old a dog as my story is now), I may as well throw my fic in the mix too. For those of you who haven't read my story, it's basically a fantasy-styled fic involving a human boy from an apocolyptic future of London "time-travelling" (that term used very loosely) back to the realm of the dinosaurs by way of a strange power infused into a special stone. He holds one of three stones, with Littlefoot the keeper of one also. Trouble ensues as humans invade the Great Valley in search of these stones to be used for questionable purposes. The prose is kind of a mixed bag of different references taken from movies and games I like by way of inspiration or for cameo appearance. Very hit and miss depending on whether or not the reader is into the same things I am and whether they can see the reference but it seems to work out  (just!). I think in my Q&A page in the "Ask Me" section, someone asked me what my references were. A few are named but there are plenty more. :DD

I finished BOSE in 2006 and have since been working on its sequel (painfully slow progress; as anyone waiting for an update will know :oops) but I thought I'd stick a discussion topic up here for anyone who wanted to maybe talk about my running series. Feel free to ask any questions about either story or suggest something maybe you'd like to see in BOSE II. I'm always open to ideas and I'm always looking for feedback as to how I can improve my story. Constructive criticisms are always welcome and valued.

Since BOSE is 84 chapters long, I won't post the whole story up here. The link to it's place on FF.net is below. What's done of BOSE II: Corruption's Curse can also be found on FF.net but seeing how things go, I might post up future chapters here too.

Anyway, thanks guys! Would appreciate the input if you have the time ;)

Battle of the Sacred Essences

BOSE II: Corruption's Curse
BOSE II: Corruption's Curse

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow that actually sounds very VERY interesting! It's kind of like the RP Rat Lady created except much darker. I like how the Great Valley is not invaded by dinosaurs from the Mysterious Beyond, but instead other humans. I know Mr. Threehorn is not going to be happy about this :D

I look forward to seeing how this plays out. I can be patient.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For anyone who doesn't know about BOTSE it's probably one of the best LBT Fan Fics in existance... you should take the time to check it out.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
These stories are fantastic! Seriously, they are the reason I started writing fanfiction.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow! Those are some pretty bold statements there guys! I appreciate the compliments greatly  :D I'm working on chp 21 at the moment. Hopefully I'll have it done within the week. Here's to hoping ;)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I am reading BOSE I and it is simply amazing!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I read it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it :).  I've also been following BOSE II and patiently await the next update ;).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot guys! It's heartening to know that people are still reading my story. For anyone who cares, I've just updated BOSE II. In chapter 21, the gang (plus Kairyn) find themselves is a situation they soon realise they have been in before ;) (not Kairyn though; he's the newbie)  :p  :lol

Cancerian Tiger: A couple of years ago eh? It still amazes me that BOSE finished 3 years ago. Still good to know people are finding it a worthwhile read. Thanks!  :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

The next chapter of BOSE 2 is up on FF.net. My apologies for taking so long with the bugger but now that I've finally got some free time I've been catching up with my fan based works. Chp 22 is a fall back on the tradegy that's occurred at the Keltech Building back in 327 NE. Some revelations have been announced but these are still paving the way for a bigger picture ;) I've already started on chp 23 which will refocus on the gang's journey back to the Great Valley (seeing as one or two readers that PMed me were a little disappointed not to see the gang reappear). With a bit of luck this should be up relatively soon. Enjoy all the same! :D

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really enjoyed this last chapter. Great work!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cheers jedi! Since readers weren't overly happy with the fact that chp 22 had no Littlefoot and co, the latest update I finished today is nothing BUT the Great Valley Gang! Chapter 23 is simply titled "Prehistoric Pyrotechnics" Having read the chapter you'll see why  :DD  ;)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Once again, awesome work! I enjoyed the geyser-field chase scene, as it added some great dramatic tension, especially Spike's near-miss. I can't wait for more!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've posted my review on Fanfiction.net ;).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Seriously, BOSE I is as close as you can get to an LBT X Resident Evil crossover... and it is AWESOME! I am now on Chapter 57. I burned through 50 chapters in 1 day.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I forgot to add earlier that I got a kick out of the latest chapter's title: "Prehistoric Pyrotechnics" :lol.  That was pretty creative if ya ask me :DD!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jan 13 2010 on  12:23 AM
Seriously, BOSE I is as close as you can get to an LBT X Resident Evil crossover... and it is AWESOME! I am now on Chapter 57. I burned through 50 chapters in 1 day.
Glad to hear you are enthusiastic about my story Serris! I wasn't intending on making BOSE a Resi/LBT crossover but I did state that I was going to incorporate elements of other mediums that I enjoy. Part 15 of BOSE where Littlefoot and the gang travel to 2113AD with Jill and Stone was influenced by Resi Evil. That and the Danny Boyle movie 28 Days Later. Chp 56 was written in homage to the opening sequence to the Gamecube remake to the first Resi Evil (where STARS Alpha team hunt in the woods for their compatriots Bravo Team and are attacked by Cerberuses).

Extract from BOSE Chp 56: - “Ali! Look out!” Ducky cried looking back from atop Spike. Ali turned to see zombified dogs charging straight for her. Panic-stricken, she tried to get to her feet as the closest dog leapt in the air to pounce on her. Without warning, a gunshot cracked dangerously close to Ali’s ears as the dog buckled in mid-flight and landed heavily into a row of dustbins on the side of the road. A few shots later, the others lay dazed on the cracked concrete sprawled everywhere. Looking up, Ali saw Jill racing towards her and knelt down beside her.

“C’mon!” Jill called to her helping Ali to her feet. Nodding and smiling gratefully, Ali jumped up and they took off to catch up with the others.

In the Resi FMV, on seeing Joesph getting mauled to death, the dogs then attack Jill Valentine. She falls over as one dog pounces. A gun shot takes the dog out and Chris Redfield helps Jill to her feet.

Cancerian Tiger: Thanks for your kind words :D I'll admit I did struggle with writing sections of that scene. I editted it like 3 times coz the action just didn't gel together well enough or certain sections read like I was just repeating myself. I actually wasn't going to put it in until later in the story but I changed my mind and decided to have it before the gang's next trial. I'm working on chp 24 of BOSE II now but can't say when it will be up. Hopefully before too long but I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again for the reviews guys and gals! Really means a lot to hear what you guys think ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

I'm really sorry I've been taking my sweet time with updating BOSE II. By now I'm sure my story has dropped off your fanfic interest radars and despite every excuse I could give, I'm not going to coz it doesn't justify the length of time it's taken me to pull my finger out and actually work on the bloody thing! :p Still, that aside, I now come to you as a writer in crisis. I've come to a branching point in my story whereby (having left the plot to stew for far too long) I've got dual options in which way to continue my story. And, yours truly, can't make up his mind as to which will offer a more refreshing scent to the plot. That's where I'd like you fellow fanfickers to step in. Need some opinions. Seeing as chp 25 isn't up yet I don't want to divulge too much but basically Littlefoot, Kairyn and co find themselves in another bout of sticky problems (as they frequently do) that lead to an escape attempt. And here is where my branching path splits and I'd like for your guys' input as to which you reckon would be better (or supply your own pearl if you so have one):

Idea #1: The group all escape the initial pending threat only to find a moment's respite before a greater string of threats to follow spawned from the one danger that had them running scared in the first place. NB: - Possible reappearance of stalking sharptooth from previous chapters. Along the way, during their next escape attempt, they meet an "entity" (key plot point that cannot be discussed at current moment in time so don't ask who :p). The group and the entity travel towards the Great Valley.

Idea #2: The group, on the brink of escaping the initial danger, then find themselves seperated. First thought is to have Kairyn seperated from the group thus leaving him on his own in a world unknown to him (for dramatic effect and character development). Free roaming the dinosaur world, Kairyn discovers the "entity" and they aim to make their way to the Great Valley on their own accord (obviously exciting bad stuff happens along the way). This idea will include flick backs to Littlefoot's crew so the events of the dinos can be viewed in tandem with what's happening to Kairyn.

Those are my penciled ideas. I'm still constructing chp 25 as we speak but the ending of this current chapter will reflect which idea sounds more interesting (by your recommendation) and ultimately which route the plot takes. I'm labelling this "adventuring" section of my story as Act 2 which I want to bring to an end soon coz I fear that it's dragging out a bit too much. I don't want the plot to become so thinly spread that it just looks like a string of micro-episodes tied together for the sake of nostalgia coz I think (or hope) that that "link to the past" message has gotten across by now without becoming too tedious...or worse...boring! :(

Input greatly appreciated as always guys! Can't wait to hear your responses! ;)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree, idea #1 seems like a better choice. Much less confusing.

While I'm commenting here, I want to ask one thing. Seeing as the group is still in the Mysterious beyond, do you have any plans of possibly adding in Chomper and Ruby? I'm just curious.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input so far guys! ;)

Now this is interesting. I've placed my idea to a few others via direct contacts and PMs and they seem to think that idea #2 seems to be the better option. :unsure: It seems I've given myself a superlative situation. Idea #1 seems to aid the plot whereas idea #2 slows the plot for the concept of character development. Blummin' perfect! :p  My only gripe with idea 1 is that I'm not sure how many more disasters I can throw at the gang before it starts becoming silly (I actually parody this thought in the upcoming chp :lol). I've been using this plan a lot through this "adventuring" act and reckon it needs to done with (for now). Idea 2 however, this "getting to the GV" ploy is wearing thin and needs to be shoved along now and as dramatic as I thought about making this idea, it's just stalling for time. And I'm sure you guys are sick of waiting. I don't want drama to start breeding tedium (like most UK soap operas :p). :oops Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Lemme hear from a few more then I'll let you know the final verdict! ;)

@ The Chonicler - BOSE is happening within the movie stream of events so you can scrub Ruby out as an idea (as much as I like Ruby as a character). As for Chomper...I've thought about it but I'm not sure where exactly I could weave him into the plot. I'd rather have him as an intrigual character rather than just being there for the sake of being there. All the main characters need a purpose and that they do have. Again as much as I like Chomper, I don't see room for him in my script where he wouldn't be superfluous. So, again, sorry...no Chomper either.