The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, I liked them overall.  I was not surprised at the very quick ending since that seems to be their style, similar to the silver age DC comics.  Having good length beginnings & middle, but a quick resolution endings.  Though the ending seemed better written then the sudden quick endings that at times involved deus ex machina, or however you spell that phrase.

I liked that there seems to be a quest this season.  Though I'd have had 7 instead of 6, one of them being for Spike.  Not going into any more detail to avoid spoilers.  

I liked the flashbacks we got.  We knew most of the events, but we got to see them in detail this time.

I liked that they added some stuff to the opening, like the surprise you see if you look at
the window of Fluttershy's house.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The video I watched of the new episodes had the intro cut out, so I didn't get to see what changes were made. Other than that, I am now completely caught up with the entire series. Though I will admit it's going to be awkward to avoid giving spoilers this time rather than finding them.

Quite a great way to start the season. A few funny moments are always good, especially with Discord around. :lol  But what I really like is how the ending apparently signals the potential start of a quest that, to be honest, kinda reminds me of the Bionicle storyline. I am so glad I've decided to join in this fandom when I did. :)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just got done watching the latest episode.  This is one of those episodes where I feel that if you hate it, you are either nitpicking or you are just a hater of the series in general and nothing they do will make you like it.

Anyways, it was a good episode, to be honest.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I really enjoyed the humor that Discord brought.  Plus, they did bring up a strong point of life itself, which a lot of "fans" were missing when Twilight became a princess.  This is indeed a big change for our heroines, but they accept that change and the changes in life that will come, but it will not change their friendship.  Lots of "fans" thought this big responsibility would change everything, but it really hasn't changed much, if at all.  They are still friends and they shall remain that, regardless of what comes.

I did enjoy the flashbacks.  It definitely cleared up quite a bit of the past and how it all happened.  I don't mind that it "destroyed" plenty of fan speculation, as that's what a series like this usually does.  I've seen many destroyed by now, so I'm not surprised it has done so again.  So "fan" flaming on those?  Yeah, pretty much expect it from someone.

Really, it's quite the good episode.  I feel it was a good start, and I can't wait to see what else they bring for us.

Well, that's all from me.  See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found an intro video on youtube if you want to see it.  It has up to a 720 resolution.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Ied3swpcg

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I LOVED these episodes! They were near perfect as far as I'm concerned and I'm so glad that they finally explained so much of Equestria's history. It had action, adventure, humor, fun, and SO MUCH character development! I defy anyone to hate it!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some may dislike it.  I know some dislike Twilight's change last season.  Overall, like I said, I did like the episode quite a bit.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, those people need to get over it, because it's not going away.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True.  I don't mind that she is a princess now.  I don't see the big deal.  

I was thinking, after watching the opening again to season 4, if the animators may do with Discord like they did with Derpy in season 2 I think it was, have him pop up somewhere in the episode and make it a sort of game, spot where Discord is in this episode.  I miss that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, screw Hasbro for making them get rid of her. They never should have buckled under the pressure of, what was it, all TEN people who complained, as opposed to the trilllions of loved her.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Something like that.  I think they are trying to make it so no one is angry.  But like Southpark showed years ago, if you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one and likely upsetting or angering everyone.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
...Which is exactly what they ended upp doing. Grow some balls, Hasbro.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they will someday, but being a corporation I doubt they will.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
And people wonder why I was so close to just ceasing all involvement with the show and fandom?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just ignore those sorts of people since they are all over and in every fandom.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That was the best Season opening of MLP.

And here are S4 spoilers.

Spoiler: click to toggle

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
These new episodes were quite.....different.  I still don't like Alicorn Twilight, but despite how much Hasbro has totally screwed up the characters to make a quick buck, the writers were able to roll with it pretty well.  They've screwed the show twice.  First with Shining Armor appearing out of nowhere, and now with Alicorn Twilight.  But thankfully the writing staff is top-notch and they're able to handle it well.  

This was the first time there wasn't an evil villain.  But learning more of Equestria's history was well worth it.  I hope they continue to expand the world like they've done so far.

But the Elements are now gone?  What do they do now?  Now all the mane 6 are just regular ponies.  It's sad as the Elements are what really made them special.  They were connected to royalty and were hero's in a way.  I suppose maybe they can "temporarily" take them from the tree again when they're needed.  Maybe that's where the writers are going with this.  I don't know.

Overall it was a really good episode.  But it leaves me feeling conflicted.  In a way the stories have never been better.  But I don't know if I like the direction the show is going.  I miss the innocence of season 1.  It was a simpler show with few to no shoutouts to the Bronies, but I really liked it.  I'd say it's more of an adult show now, but it's lost its innocence and it's charm.....what made me fell in love with the show in the first place.  It really was a show for little girls, but the characters were so well done and the stories weren't cheesy so it made it a pretty good show for adults too.  Now it's like they're trying to write the show for Bronies while Hasbro keeps wanting to throw in princesses and weddings and such because they think they'll be able to sell more toys that way.  It's kinda sickening.  The show isn't going down the toilet or anything, but it has changed.  It's no longer the show I fell in love with.

Not that I dislike it now or anything.  I think it's a much better show now.  But I feel like the original show was just murdered and has morphed into this thing.  It's a conflicting feeling.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, they're special because of who they are, not because of some magical macguffin they could use. I would have to say I disagree with you 110% in every regard to the show's progression. I do not believe that they screwed the show by including Shining Armor or turning Twilight into an alicorn whatsoever. There is nothing sickening going on, aside from a few hiccups along the way like the Derpy fiasco.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They have the episodes up on youtube.  Just search for something like my little pony season 4.

I see that season 3 is available for preorder.  Think I may preorder it within the next month or 2.