The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
STREAM POST!!

As promised, the EqD Live Stream List!  Remember, all of these links will show the episode when it airs.  What is listed is the time waster they have in store.  Time shown is when said time waster starts.

Australian Bronycast - Season 1 and 2 all episode Mare-a-thon.  Going on right now!

MLP Forums Stream Event - Ghostbusters, (4 PM EST) Monsters Inc., (6 PM EST) Pony Mare-a-thon (7:30 PM EST)

Trigonometrize - Pony Mare-a-thon (2:30 PM EST)

Lunatube - Episodes and Random Pony Videos (7 PM EST)

---------

Filly - Mare-a-thon Event!

This guy is a dedicated pony episode streamer.  This fan has multiple stream channels and has been doing streams since day 1.  Below are ALL the links this fan has.

Main - http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly

Backups - http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly2
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly4
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly6
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly7
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly8
http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly9

----------
EDIT: Midnight Run - The Three Stooges, (8 PM EST) The Avengers, (10 PM EST) Ed, Edd & Eddy's Big Picture Show (12:30 AM EST)

Otaku Ascended - Top 20 Mare-a-thon!

-----------

More to come! :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last month, I decided to resume my activity on BZPower (the largest Bionicle fan forum). I quickly noticed they had their own MLP topic, so I decided to read through the whole thing, just to see if anything was mentioned there that wasn't said here. (Despite a late start due to forum reconstruction, it's already more than twice as long as this MLP topic. :o  Yeah, I must have spent two weeks reading through that whole topic.)

The most significant find to me was that the guy who voiced Jaller in the movie "Bionicle: Mask of Light" has also voiced Shining Armor. Some people in that MLP topic were saying how Shining Armor sounded just like Jaller. I can't confirm this for myself since I still have not yet watched a single episode of this show. (For those of you who have seen the episode he appears in, perhaps you could watch that Bionicle movie and tell me what you think.)

Anyway, after reading through this MLP topic and the one on BZPower, and after reading some MLP fanfiction (including some crossovers with Bionicle), I've been thinking that maybe it might be worth a try to finally see first-hand what this enormous fandom is all about. Yes, I've been thinking about possibly watching some episodes of MLP, but not at this time. I'm not exactly certain how much free time I may have soon, so I'll wait until after New Year's before I commit to actually taking a look for myself. (In any case, I'm not even sure where to look. Can I reliably find every single episode in one place, such as YouTube?)

The reason I'd like to wait for two months is because I want to have time to think this through and be absolutely sure that this is something I should do. I'll let you know my final decision when the time comes. :unsure:

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Woah! Jaller did Shining Armor  :o !? (WOW, how many years has it been since I've typed that name!? Eight?!).

I don't think it would be a bad idea to watch it. One more fandom won't hurt...well, it might hurt your brain trying to work out a three-way crossover like I'm trying to do with Doctor Who, LBT, and Dinotopia XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILER POST!!

To start, something "unknown" has returned and it has spooked Princess Celestia.  She has called in Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle for help.

EDIT 1: Turns out, the Crystal Empire was taken over by an evil king who enslaved it's citizens.  Though Celestia and Luna were able to banish the king, he had placed a curse on it that caused the place to vanish.  However, now it has returned and Celestia fears that the evil king has returned as a result.

It also turns out that this is a test for Twilight.  A test for something bigger!

Oh, and there is a song that Twilight sings. :)

EDIT 2: Shining Armor's magic is blocked by an evil force on the way to the Crystal Kingdom.  Cadance is using her magic to protect it, but she has had no sleep.  As such, her protection could easily fade.

On top of that, the citizens have amnesia.

EDIT 3: The mane six set up a fair to help the citizens remember.  However, Cadance soon falls from lack of sleep and as a result, the protection is gone and the evil king starts his takeover of the kingdom he was banished from.

Oh, and there's a song the mane six sing as they set up the fair.

EDIT 4: Okay, plenty here.

Due to how vital it is that the citizens keep their spirit up, Twilight's friends keep the fair going while Twilight looks for the Crystal Heart.

After a long search, she finds it's hiding place, but when she opens the door, she finds herself back in Canterlot and Princess Celestia tells her she has failed.

EDIT 5: Turns out, it was a trap set up by the evil king that is designed to reveal your worst fear.  Twilight counters it and reveals a stairway that goes on forever.

Meanwhile, the evil king's power continues to take over the kingdom and the citizens find out that the crystal heart they had was a fake.

Twilight makes it to the Crystal Heart but there was a trap designed by the evil king, as a result, Twilight is unable to return the Crystal Heart to Cadance.

Twilight relies on Spike to get the Crystal Heart back to Cadance.  He would've failed, if not for a daring move by Shining Armor that enabled Cadance to get it first.

Together, the citizens used their good spirit to return the kingdom back to normal and defeat the evil king for good.

Twilight passes her test and the mane six sing a remix of the first song in celebration of her passing it.

Whew!  Okay, review to come! :)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

Before I begin, I will point out that during the episode, there was a teaser showing off upcoming episodes.  Also, yes, they did reveal what is likely Rainbow Dash's new boyfriend.  However, I did not get a good look at him.

Still, I am expecting the fans to upload it to YouTube later today.

Now, as for the episode...

I was not prepared for this.  I doubt any fan was. (Hidden in-joke here.)

It's a great episode.  However, it barely even slowed down.  I'm guessing there was too much to show off in too little time, much like last season's premiere was.  Still, they were able to work well within the time restraints given.

Although I did enjoy the episode, with it all turning out to be a test for Twilight, it shows there's more going on then expected.  Something bigger.  It will keep me interested to see what season 3 has to bring.

So yeah, in short, great episode, but too fast paced.  However, the main purpose of the episode keeps you interested in what is to come.

Will give YouTube links later today.

See ya! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, now that it's all up, I have something to say.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to do what I did today for next week's episode.  This is due to my job scheduling me earlier next Saturday.

So yeah, no spoilers from me next week.  Sorry guys! :)

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just watched the premier on YT. Overall, it was a pretty good opening for the new season.

PROS:
*The songs
*Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie
*Rarity going ga ga for anything Crystal
*Gak
*Spike being a hero for once getting his place on a window!

CONS:
*Sombra didn't really get a whole lot of lines or history other than "HEY, I'M EVIL! HA HA HA!!!!" (And yes, I'm exaggerating).

Overall an impressive start to the season. Can't wait to see what Celestia and Luna have in store for Twilight's next stage in her studies.

8 out of 10

With weekly episodes of FiM and (For all you Halo 4 players out there) Spartan Ops coming at us for the next few months, I am a happy Brony.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Just finished watching both episodes. It's good to see the pones again.

I really liked these episodes. The songs were very fun and catchy and it was great getting to see Shining Armor and Cadence again. My favorite part was Spike finally getting his chance to be the hero. For a Spike fan like myself, it was just so satisfying after he didn't get a chance to help during the Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Chrysalis attacks.

One thing I am disappointed about though is King Sombra himself. He just really didn't feel like that much of a threat. He gets like one or two lines(which I could barely even understand, don't know if anyone else had this problem), laughs evilly, and is defeated. I would've liked more backstory for Sombra as he did have potential to be a pretty good villain. Ah well, maybe he'll return in a later season.

Another thing is that I really didn't feel too attached to the crystal ponies. Maybe if the writers had a crystal pony befriend the mane six then maybe I could have cared a bit more about them, but sadly, I just didn't.

All in all, not bad for the start of season three but it could have been a bit better.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I actually no problems with this premiere. I loved every minute of it. I loved the moments with Shining Armor and Cadence. The villain served his purpose well enough and I liked the crystal ponies. Overall, it was very solid and I'm looking forward to the other episodes.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the episodes overall well.   Liked that Spike got to get a stained glass window himself & seeing more of Cadence, Shining Armor & Luna, though she didn't speak much it was still nice to have her around and looking like she is taking a part in things.  I wonder if we'll see more of the crystal ponies.  To bad we only got a brief time with the bad guy.  

I guess they have already, or will bring out crystal pony toys, including crystal pony versions of the main 6, Cadence, Shining Armor, and maybe Spike included with Twilight Sparkle.

It also looked like Spike is a good dancer, though I'm no expert on dancing.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
10/10

I gave a standing applause.

But it felt also felt like a rushed fan fic.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
...did anyone stick around after MLP for the premiere of Littlest Pet Shop?

No?

Okay...

:oops

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So can someone please explain to me what this Gak thing is? I've been hearing about it since yesterday and I have no idea what it is.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 11 2012 on  11:57 PM
So can someone please explain to me what this Gak thing is? I've been hearing about it since yesterday and I have no idea what it is.
A very dead meme.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 11 2012 on  10:57 PM
One of the most popular toys of the 90s.  And now, it has become an internet meme in only 1 day since they decided to revive it while the MLP Season 3 premiere was on.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gak

This is the power of the brony community.  Deal with it, internet. :)