The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mythbusters

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am curious as to what it'll be about, though I don't watch tv I've seen some clips of the show on youtube.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
He's asking them to revisit the Archimedes' (solar) Death Ray myth, because it "hasn't been thoroughly tested" in the earliest season of the show. There's a commercial for it. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And the idea that such a thing can light a boat ablaze, even with 500 individual mirrors, is BUSTED!  However, there is a little light in this myth.  It was more used to distract the opponent, thus making them an easier target.  The guy was smarter than given credit for, and he gets plenty as it is. :P:

As for the other myth, they tested the movie myth of flipping a car by a super-human punch.  This is busted as well.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally, I remember to post in this topic. :slap

First of all, I really liked the last of last year's new episodes. The myth they tested was that the plot to assassinate Hitler in 1944 failed because of the change in location to a room with large windows instead of in an underground bunker.The explosions were awesome, but the result of the myth was quite surprising.

Also, the first new episode of this year premiered last Wednesday. Don't worry if you missed it, it'll be on again right before this week's new episode.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Even better, for those that missed it, I found the full-length episode online.

Note: This is not in parts.  It's a 43 minute full-length video.

Mythbusters - Season 9 Episode 1

Enjoy!

EDIT: Okay, this has got to be one of the creepiest episodes ever. :D

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mythbusters, cool.  :D

I watch this and Time Warp (awesome show, BTW) in my science class when we're out of stuff to do or people need to get caught up with their work. Of course, I'm always finished on time (seriously, I haven't had ONE thing overdue at all this WHOLE year) so when other people are working, I'm watching and it's a great show, if I do say so myself. I think that the Green Hornet special was one of my favorites, heh, I loved the part when the two dummies were in side of the car in a big hole with a tractor and then it got blown up. Heh heh, the tractor didn't get too far, and oh, the poor dummies. :DD

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice, I didn't know Mythbusters was still on. I don't get satellite anymore, so no more Discovery channel either. I've been watching the show on netflix.

This episode was great. Adam and Jamie were on the Colbert Report last night, where they showed a clip form that face-off myth that wasn't in the episode. Jamie had his dog in the office, and for a joke, he decided to see which Jamie the dog would run to when Jamie called his name.. To their surprise, it didn't seem to use it's sense of smell to find Jamie, because it ran over to Adam.

I liked that episode. I've loved the show for years, and I'm looking forward to more mythbusting! :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.  I like what I've seen of the show in the past on clips on youtube & look forward to seeing a full episode instead of clips.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, one last thing guys, if you are going to be searching for these episodes, please do so with some wits and caution.  There's people going around, using pictures from the episodes and posting them as lengthy video, all in an attempt to get you to visit a site that contains nothing more than a scam.

I ran into several of these just trying to find the link for you guys.

So please, be careful out there, okay?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In case some may not know, the same youtube person that posted that season 9 episode also has the first 2 from season 3 as well.  I found this out by going to the user channel & going to the mythbusters.  Just thought I'd mention it in case some may not know.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That same guy put up episode 2 of this season as well :)

Mythbusters - Season 9 - Episode 2

they test a movie myth of if you can make a big explosion from putting a magazine in a toaster and filling the room with methane, and something about airplane toilet's contents freezing in high altitude and becoming deadly projectiles :lol

EDIT: he put up the 3rd one too :DD

Mythbusters - Season 9 - Episode 3
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My favorite episode is the sudden decompression of the airplane

HeHe

XDD
 :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Go with this guy if you can't wait.  The episodes will be in parts and only 360p Widescreen, but at least you get to see them sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yossidechef

Thanks to him, I have yet to miss a single episode of the latest season. :)

EDIT: You will also love the latest one.  Basically, "Do Movies and Real Life Sound Alike?" Myth.  You'll be surprised by the results. :)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm watching that one right now :D
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.   Neat to be able to watch whole episodes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, with the latest episode, I can tell you one thing, snipers have done their homework in the art of killing someone.  You see, the myth here is that, given enough time, you can dodge a bullet.  While this is true in theory, the myth is sadly BUSTED!

There is indeed a point to react fast enough, but the distance required means you'd NEVER see it coming.  You wouldn't be able to react in time because of that.  

So yeah, you can't dodge a bullet, even from a sniper.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some of the recent new episodes are among my favorite.

One of them is ways to fix a flat tire. Natural solutions include stuffing the tire with hay, tying a tree branch to the wheel to work like a ski, and replacing the wheel with a log. The two urban solutions were removing the tire to leave just the rim, and replacing the wheel with a manhole cover. I must say that seeing the results of all of these solutions was hilarious. :lol

Another recent episode that I liked was a countdown of the top 12 "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" moments, including some never before seen footage. For example, during the Jet Taxi revisit, the jet engines were so powerful that they actually tore up part of the pavement before the test could even begin! :wow  :lol

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently found out that there will soon be more new episodes of Mythbusters. The first one will be on this Wednesday, September 28 at 9 p.m. Two myths will be tested: First is if a motorcycle is more fuel-efficient than a car. Second is if a bazooka round can be stopped by shooting it with a bullet.

- Berix

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice, I"ll be looking forward to it then. Hope somebody puts these episodes up on youtube like last season. :)
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting. It seems they're using a new intro music for all the new episodes from now on. For now, my only thoughts on it is that it's not quite as memorable as the original tune.

- Berix