The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 83750

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
So sorry for not being around to post! :bang Darn holidays…

Quote from: The Chronicler,Dec 18 2011 on  07:42 PM
Hey, Pangaea, how long specifically do you plan on your group being outside of the Great Valley?
I was planning on at least one or two nights (an unrealistically short amount of time for a trip to and back from the Big Water, but time passes so slowly in this RP that I don't think we can afford this kind of realism). Unfortunately, seeing as we haven't even left the valley yet (and my plans generally progress at the speed of a glacier), I have my doubts that we'll be back by the same time your group's mission is done.

I've recently been thinking that both your group and mine would return on the same day, even meeting up with each other at some point along the way. What I have in mind is that the two groups would see each other from some distance, mine climbing down an unstable mountainside with yours in a valley between the mountains. Remember that I was thinking of Chronicler injuring his leg by losing his footing and falling down the mountainside? I was thinking that could happen just seconds after the two groups see each other, making them all rush over to join up and return to the Great Valley as one group. How does this idea sound?
Theoretically I suppose it could work, but again, I have no guarantees that our group will be in the right place at the right time, so it might be safer for you to have an alternative plan ready in case things don't work out.

I'm hoping that our group can leave as soon as possible; LBTFan13 had expressed interest in having Mr. Threehorn and Littlefoot catching up to us; this will almost certainly lead to an uneasy scene in which they react to seeing Ozzy and Strut (and vice versa) as well as Sparky. I've sent LBTFan13 a reminder message, and I'm hoping that he will bring his characters in shortly, assuming he is still playing.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Holiday with no internet, plus a short Winter break. Man, I hope I didn't get left behind.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, I've really been away from this for a long time.

I have already you an email Pangaea about my intentions to remain active on GOF, and that includes this RP. I am still highly interested in bringing Threehorn and Littlefoot into the egg eater plot that's happening now. I'm gonna do a read through of posts leading up to the most recent point so I can get caught up, and then I will jump in.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
So sorry for the unneccesary delay in my activities here. I've been feeling mentally unwell, and still am. But I'm pushing myself to continue my activities on the internet in general. Hope you guys still want me back...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
It's all good FBS. Most of us are in school/work these days and real life stuff comes first. :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry about my lack of activity here, life had taken its toll on me for awhile, hopefully I'll get some time to participate in this RP fully, just like days past.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I said in the "How are you Feeling?" topic, my computer melted, and It's probably not gonna get fixed/replaced anytime soon. I'm mostly posting from y Wii console now, so it takes a lot longer to type.

I'll still stay active in this RP though, even if my posts are shorter.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm SO sorry for not posting in so long, and for being so slow to get our characters out of the valley! :bang

Keep in mind, the RP should still be considered active even when I'm not (unless I say otherwise), and I encourage you to remind me if you're waiting for me to post and I haven't done so in a while.

By the way, I'm curious at this point: how many players/characters are going all the way to the Big Water along with my group (consisting of Pangaea, Guido, Strut, and Ozzy, plus Sparky)? Keep in mind that my character is basically going to be leading the group, and alternating your posts with mine the whole way could get very tedious (it's pretty much a given that any RP subplot I'm heavily involved in is going to move at a snail's pace, as I've amply demonstrated over my entire tenure as GM :rolleyes). I wouldn't blame you if some of you would prefer to have your characters remain in the valley and do your own thing rather than be stuck with me all that way.

I suppose this would be a good time for a roll call. So who's still playing, and what are your plans for the RP?

Thanks, and sorry again for my inefficacy as an RPer.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still interested in bringing Littlefoot and Mr. Threehorn along, and I also am thinking of bringing Rob and Zaine as well. The subplot with GVG's characters doesn't seem to be going anywhere, considering he hasn't been on in a while, so I may have the two of them join up as well.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The CJ is still around. Just waiting on when someone will post that's all.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Apr 12 2012 on  07:12 PM
I'm SO sorry for not posting in so long, and for being so slow to get our characters out of the valley! :bang

Keep in mind, the RP should still be considered active even when I'm not (unless I say otherwise), and I encourage you to remind me if you're waiting for me to post and I haven't done so in a while.

By the way, I'm curious at this point: how many players/characters are going all the way to the Big Water along with my group (consisting of Pangaea, Guido, Strut, and Ozzy, plus Sparky)? Keep in mind that my character is basically going to be leading the group, and alternating your posts with mine the whole way could get very tedious (it's pretty much a given that any RP subplot I'm heavily involved in is going to move at a snail's pace, as I've amply demonstrated over my entire tenure as GM :rolleyes). I wouldn't blame you if some of you would prefer to have your characters remain in the valley and do your own thing rather than be stuck with me all that way.

I suppose this would be a good time for a roll call. So who's still playing, and what are your plans for the RP?

Thanks, and sorry again for my inefficacy as an RPer.
I'd like to share the blame if it's all the same to you. I too have not been very active on the forums lately, so I definitely need to share the blame here. Not that you should be blamed for anything but still.

Edit: Characters Available:
Myself
Tria
Petrie's mom (Rebecca, my fanname for her)
Hyp

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
*raises hand for the role-call* I'm here and I'm soooooooo excited!!!! SQUEEEEE!!

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm here. I'm playing myself and IIRC Rinkus and Sierra.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm still around, just be en REALLY busy with work and school lately.

I'll try to make an RP post as soon as I can. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry guys, y'know what, I really can't do this anymore. It's not fair to you guys or Pangeaea that I flip flop like this. So, yeah, I'm out of this rp.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, this is your GM speaking.

I think it’s fair to say that I have done a less-than-stellar job performing the responsibilities expected for said role, especially in the past few months. I could make excuses based on the fact that there have been a number of changes and events in my personal life to which I’ve had to adjust or make time for, but I still feel guilty about the RP and feel that I have been neglecting it. :oops

I think a lot of the problems I’ve been having with the RP are because I’m just not any good at being in charge. As anyone who knows even a little about me is probably aware, I am very timid and awkward when it comes to interacting with most people; plus I don’t like making decisions that others disagree with. So far I’ve pretty much just been telling people to “do what you want to do, as long as it fits in with the rest of the RP”. As a result, I’ve barely been “leading” the RP at all, and my characters seldom interact with those of other players.

I confess that I’ve never seen this RP as having or requiring much of a central, overarching plot; I’ve mostly just thought of it as an opportunity to put yourself in the Land Before Time world, meet your favorite characters, and have a good time. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, personally, though I understand that others might not be satisfied with the generally lighthearted tone I prefer. (I don’t mind a little darkness here and there, but if I had my way, there wouldn’t be any more mass battle scenes with dozens of anonymous dinosaurs losing their lives.) I apologize if I’m being overly candid here.

To make things clear, I am not closing the “In The Land Before Time” RP. There are still things I want to do in this RP, things I have been planning and looking forward to for as long as a year and a half. I want like to continue the RP, and I should be ready to start posting again soon (I’ll be rather busy from now until Tuesday, I’m afraid), but first I think it would be prudent to find out who among you, the players, are still participating, and what your plans are. Does anyone else still have plans or ideas in mind for the RP that you want to see come to fruition?

My deepest and most sincere apologies for my mistakes and shortcomings as GM,

Pangaea

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing as I'm the only one who even posted in the RP within the last month, I think it's clear that I'm still willing to participate. Even after all these months, I'm still thinking of going through with the plans I made (except I now finally have something definitive in mind for what kind of cure Claw will need). I haven't really thought much further, mostly due to how slowly we've progressed.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm still here. I'm just waiting for these other sharpteeth to make their move. :)

What kind of cure you have in mind, Chronicler?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still interested in participating. Just need to get my footing back on GOF. I've already sent you my response to your PM Pangaea and I still stand by it  ;)