The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Future Speculation

Kor · 21 · 2592

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the correct place for it, or it it would be allowed.  I thought some may have fun with a speculation on what things may be like with various characters, condition in the Great Valley, ect if they did, which I'm sure will never occur, a spin off.  The what if is what if they did one where the group are either in their teens, or young adults.  Just thought some folks may have fun talking about various possibilities, since the LBT characters will likely never age.  If someone wants to take it further and say put it farther in the possible future that can be fun also.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I thought it would be interesting to see Pterano come back..a very changed flier...with very true stories...very beleivable

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
My speculation for the future?  Well, I think that one of three things can happen:

1.  Universal is gonna be desperate for more stories and shooting them out their movie making machines like popcorn.  The already low quality is going to sink even lower over time because they're so desperate for money.  Then we're all gonna be mad and no one's gonna like them and Universal is going to lose a lot of money.  It's gonna turn into some cheesy tv morning show that no one really watches.

2.  Universal is going to get someone new who controls the tv eps and they're gonna slow down the production, making sure to make better quality eps.  They're going to grow in popularity and Universal is going to be ecstatic, bringing in heaps of cash.  We'll all be happy and split into 4 groups.  Group 1 only likes the original movie, group 2 prefers the sequels,  group 3 prefers the eps, and group 4 likes them all!  Group 4 will probably be the majority because let's face it......if you found this site, you're either super obsessed with everything in LBT (Like me! :D ) or you're just a lucky regular or casual fan who stumbled onto the site.

3.  Universal decides to stop producing the LBT tv eps cuz of some reason we'll probably never know (probably money issues) and they spend all their time and energy on the sequels.  Yay!  We get super good quality sequels again! :D

EDIT:  and no, I'm not changing my mind at all.  I have to keep editing my post cuz I keep getting "sequels" and "Tv eps" mixed up! :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
2. Universal is going to get someone new who controls the tv eps and they're gonna slow down the production, making sure to make better quality eps. They're going to grow in popularity and Universal is going to be ecstatic, bringing in heaps of cash. We'll all be happy and split into 4 groups. Group 1 only likes the original movie, group 2 prefers the sequels, group 3 prefers the eps, and group 4 likes them all! Group 4 will probably be the majority because let's face it......if you found this site, you're either super obsessed with everything in LBT (Like me!  ) or you're just a lucky regular or casual fan who stumbled onto the site.

Somehow...I seriously doubt this. The chances of LBT rising in popularity again is slim, in my opinion, no matter what they do. Universal made the mistake of releasing the TV series just last year and creating too many direct-to-video sequels, according to dad that is. He believes, and I agree with him, that Universal should have stopped producing LBT sequels after the 4th or 5th movie and release the TV series back then. He thinks the TV show would have done a lot better then.

Anyway, my speculation for the future of LBT TV Show... I'd say it's gonna get cancelled pretty soon. I don't see much of a future for it. I also don't see much of a future for the movie series either. I'd say the 13th or the possible 14th movie will be the last one and that'll end the LBT continuation.

Just my opinion, so if I offended anyone, I apologize.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the tv series is over now unless they change something big or find someone really stupid to sponsor their show.  The sequels however will probably continue almost forever until everyone refuses to buy them or something.  As for the tv series, CN isn't to impressed with it and not many parents are either.  I've talked to many parents about LBT and their kids and a lot of them say that their kids don't find much interest in the LBT tv show and prefer the movies.  Honestly, I can't blame them. :p I'm pretty sure the TV series is dead or not too far from it.  The next LBT sequel will be good though.  LBT 13 is just another less popular one to mark down on our books like 11 and 6.  Nothing to freak out about.  I think mostly why LBT 13 wasn't so good was that they were so worried about the tv series.  When it dies, the quality of the sequels will be restored! :D

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 1 2008 on  12:11 PM
The next LBT sequel will be good though.  LBT 13 is just another less popular one to mark down on our books like 11 and 6.  Nothing to freak out about.  I think mostly why LBT 13 wasn't so good was that they were so worried about the tv series.  When it dies, the quality of the sequels will be restored! :D
I disagree. There's no way to tell if the next movie sequel will be any better than the last one, and to be honest, I doubt it will be. In my opinion, no matter how good the quality is, the next sequel won't do so well for one reason: there's too many LBT movie sequels. Land Before Time regaining the popularity it once had is unlikely to happen, in my opinion.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.  One thing that would help a lot is having good writers and directors.  Though most of hollywood think such things are totally unimportant.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 1 2008 on  12:46 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.  One thing that would help a lot is having good writers and directors.  Though most of hollywood think such things are totally unimportant.
How do you know?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just my opinion from what I've seen and from what I read of an interview done with one of the main writers of beast wars, though there are good writing out there.  No need to get mad, if you want to get mad I can likely get madder, psychotically so.  One benefit of being a mystic and knowing one's self a bit.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You sounded mad to me.  

The main thing of the movies is they have more self control then with a tv series.  They don't have to do what any network says, like if a series is in production but they go with syndication, instead of a network.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Out of Austin's list, #1 is already true, #2 can be filed under "never gonna happen", and #3 is likely up until the "better quality sequels" comment.  Sorry for the negativity, but there's not much hope for anything really good to come out of it now.  Too many sequels and episodes do that to franchises...Seinfeld, Friends, you name it...they all get old and go stale and end.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The series was bnever that good to begin with. tgey brought in chomper and added ruby, but never developed a connecting story arc for the series. they brought ali back, but that was a huge disappointment, they'd have been better off bringing her back in a sequel. Which could still happen, but i'm not holding my breath..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Episode 1 of the tv series should've been an explanation episode, not focusing on the adventure only. :rolleyes: We never knew anything. :bang

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We only got bits in one episode.  They should have either introduced Ruby in a movie, or and an episode devoted to how she and Chomper got to the great valley and perhaps that one or the next one of how they got the adults to accept Vhomper.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree, they should have made a sequal about how Chomper met Ruby and how they were accepted into the Great Valley. If there's anything that could save LBT, in my opinion, this would be it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I agree, besides that can fix the plot hole of the serie of the new chaarcter Ruby and other things like when Chomper tells Guido "remember me and Ruby?......"

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 1 2008 on  10:27 AM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 1 2008 on  12:11 PM
The next LBT sequel will be good though.  LBT 13 is just another less popular one to mark down on our books like 11 and 6.  Nothing to freak out about.  I think mostly why LBT 13 wasn't so good was that they were so worried about the tv series.  When it dies, the quality of the sequels will be restored! :D
I disagree. There's no way to tell if the next movie sequel will be any better than the last one, and to be honest, I doubt it will be. In my opinion, no matter how good the quality is, the next sequel won't do so well for one reason: there's too many LBT movie sequels. Land Before Time regaining the popularity it once had is unlikely to happen, in my opinion.
The death of the TV series would not guarantee a better sequel. It may be just like the others.

And I completely see where Chiletrek is going. I would certainly like to see answers to stuff like that incident, as well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The death of the TV series would not guarantee a better sequel.

No, but it would increase the likelihood of it.  After all, they would be focusing all their energy, time, and money into a sequel as opposed to both a sequel and a bunch of little mini movies.