The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does anyone know any other members in real life?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Closest person I could realisitically meet would be noname, but I lack the finances to get to the city anytime soon. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
The closest members for me, I guess it would be;
Vilstrup - 4 hour drive
Chomper 360 - 2 hour drive

:^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For me the closest member would be orchid141, 30 minutes with an average speed of 20 km/h .

After that I guess platvoetje, kjeldo.. Malte also is living quite close :) .

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
As Malte has already stated, he gave me the pleasure of gracing me with his presence back in 2004. He came and stayed with me for a few days at one of my homes in London.  :D Twas a glorious meeting!  :^.^: Someday soon Malte, I have promised....I will return the favour and come visit you. And I'm a man of my word! ;) You need to be my personal guide as I've never been to Germany before. That and I can hardly speak a shred of German so I'd be pretty stuck  :lol

Threehorn's a regular I tend to visit every now and again. Seeing as he's just the other side of London to me, it's an easy train ride up there. We game, go out to town, game some more, muck about...play MORE games (I think you can see where this goes. :^.^: ) It's kind of amazing discussing travelling distances. For you guys and gals in the states, it takes a few hours by plane to get from one side of the USA to the other. You can traverse the length of the UK in a same amount of time but by car!  :D  :^.^: Little wonders eh?

I'd like to meet more fellow GOF members so if I'm in the neighbourhood...I'll drop ya a line  ;) (whenever that will be PMSL  :lol )

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not interested in meeting any members anytime soon, but if anyone is interested, I live in the western part of Vermont, near the southern half of Lake Champlain.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As I am stuck in a small town in Michigan, I really don't know who I am close to. I suppose the closest I've ever been to another GOF member was when the plane I was on stopped at the Heathrow airport before moving on to Turin, Italy. Unfortunatly, I didn't have time to go out and visit either Threehorn or Littlefoot1616. Oh, well. There's always next time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nope.  No one yet. :(

However, I will be going on a cruise in August.  Me and my family will start in Florida and end in Mexico then head back.  Is there any from here at those places? :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's been over a year since this topic was living but..
I'd like to add Action9000 in here. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep, I'm happy to say I've met Mumbling in real life, as can be in seen in our profile pictures! :p  :lol

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 10 2008 on  07:40 AM
Hmmmmm.  Not yet.  I was hoping to go see a member or two this summer if I'm not too busy.  Problem is, I don't know how to speak any languages with 100% accuracy except for English.  I know around 75%-80% of Japanese, but I don't think we have any Japanese members.  I probably know around 10% of Spanish, but that's pretty useless.  If I were to visit another member in a country that spoke a language other than English, I would have to hire a translator and that's where things start getting expensive. -_-  I mean, staying there in a hotel, food, gas, and the plane ticket would probably run me only $2,000, but when I have to pay double for everything because I've got a translator AND pay them a wage for coming along, I'd be lucky to get out of it paying less than $6,000. :(
Really? I think there might be a lot of books on a lot of different languages. I think if you know where you're going and what language they speak ahead of time. You could go to Barnes and Noble or whatever and pick up a translating book there.  That might be a dumb idea but If I were to go to another country where people don't speak english that's what I would do at least.

But, back on topic I haven't really met anyone on the GOF before.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I really  wish to meet you dudes and girls but I'm stuck in singapore far away in southeast asia with only one week of holiday.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Since I've moved to Minnesota, the closest member to me is Nick22.  Unfortunately it's about a 6 hour drive and we're not real close on the forums.  We hang out in different section so we don't know each other very well.  But perhaps one day when I've got my life started and I've got my own business I'll go meet him.  I don't have the time for anything right now....least of all a few days off.

Grungecat

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I of course, know Alex. But we live together so that isn't very interesting, is it? :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You should say you see Alex everyday and how you're best of friends, and its by chance you both decided to register here. :p  Somehow I don't think that would work but it would sound more amazing to those who didn't know you were brothers.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Guess I can now add to my list of met members since my trip to Scandinavia! Since coming to the board I have met:

Malte
Threehorn
Lillefot
Nimrod

Hopefully, with a little luck, I can look forward to seeing many more! ;)