The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jan 12 2015 on  08:06 PM
Quote from: Midnight,Jan 11 2015 on  04:16 PM
37 degrees and it's not giving up (the authorities have asked the population to avoid the streets if they can).
Is that in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I think it might be best from now on if everyone in this topic kept this in mind to avoid any confusion. (In this case, 37F is relatively cold, while 37C is very hot.)
Yes, you are right about that. This is Celsius I'm referring to.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Right now it's snowing :smile The temps circle around 0?C/32?F lately and by the looks of it it should stay like that for at least a week :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Pretty nice temperature in this southern summer. It's not boiling and, you can do things at your own pace. THIS is the kind of thing I like.

(It seems like I have deleted this message by accident... or it was removed by a mod, in which case I apologize to put it up again. I honestly don't know what happened).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For a week now, it snows and melts away again  :lol Well, still better than no snow at all, right? Besides, it's going to get a little colder next week so maybe it won't melt again then... :yes

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
It is snowing lightly out right now, and it has been this way since...late last night, I believe, and is likely going to continue until tomorrow morning. Well...I guess I'll be finally getting a snow day, being as we haven't had one at all this year so far. This might be it...

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Europe is so small. We have the exact same weather pattern here, Ducky. Also going to get colder soon.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lots of snow, though not snowing at the moment.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another blizzard blowing through here. At least the heater in my room is working better than it did last year. (Not only did I clean out much of the dust last summer, but I also discovered that, of the two thermostats in the house, the one on my side of the house had simply been ignored this whole time. :bang )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since my last update, weather conditions gor far more settled and calm. It's either sunshine or fog for most of the day and temps in the 40s (?F). Might change around the weekend back to stormy and rainy...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is horribly cold and snowy.  We are forecast to have temperatures as low as -9 F (-22 C) on Thursday, with recurring freezing rain and snow.  Winter appears to be making a last hurrah before the coming of spring.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another weekend, another blizzard blowing through Vermont. At least tomorrow is expected to be the warmest day for the next week, though it'll only be around 30F.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It's raining; probably going to freeze overnight, and potentially close my college.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It actually snowed yesterday. Like always, it was just a tad too warm for snow :rolleyes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A bit chilly but sunny.  Not as cold as it was yesterday or Monday.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not as cold, but we are getting snow now.  I kept hoping we'd get more.  

However, we could have a second Ice Age and they'd still be demanding funding for climate change so my hopes aren't high that these cold winters will get them to spend their money elsewhere.  (Heck, maybe they are fighting global warming too hard.   :lol  )

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We had a bit of a storm today, it's all being blown over from the Cyclone which hit Queensland last week, a bit of the storm drifted over to New South Wales and is going right through the West side of state, thankfully it wasn't too bad.

And we needed the rain as our dams and lakes were starting to go a bit dry, we got some heavy wind well not super heavy but about 24km/h, a bit of hail and thunder and lightning. Besides a few close strikes nothing bad at all. Expect one of my dogs freaked out and injured himself in the panic.

He will be perfectly fine though.

With only 2 days left of Summer you can start to feel the Autumn breeze coming in,some of the trees are starting to die back, already getting falling leaves, and it's starting to get chilly a night, well chilly for Australia this time of year at about 16?C.

It actually does get freezing in Australia in winter, and it does snow. Though you don't get snow everywhere.

The town I live it gets daily snow in Winter and can drop to about -6?C.

And for Australia, that is stone cold.

So while most of you people here are preparing for all the warmth of Spring and Summer.

I'm preparing for the bitter cold of Autumn and Winter. When it's Summer for you lot, I'll be in Winter. Completely reserved.

Though I know why, still find it really weird.

Even sitting here I'm starting to get a bit chilly

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
However, we could have a second Ice Age and they'd still be demanding funding for climate change so my hopes aren't high that these cold winters will get them to spend their money elsewhere. (Heck, maybe they are fighting global warming too hard. dino_laugh.gif )
Global warming can only be seen globally. Locally, it might be colder than usual (American winters lately as an example) but many places are reveiving a whole lot more warmth than their fair share is (Germany for example has exceeded an annual average temperature of 10?C/50?F for the first time in 2014 since temperatures were first measured back in 1864 or something like that. That was about 2?C above the average we're getting here... just to show the other side of the coin ;))