The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Question, Query, Inquiry, or Interrogation

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eh, I decided to do a thread here after all. No question is too personal for me to answer. I’ve never been asked something about myself where I would not respond nor had any discomfort responding, so if there is anything people wonder about it, you’ll find that everything about me is sharable. About me, meaning my traits, hobbies, things I’ve done and seen, and so forth. Everything does not include such things as my social security number. :p

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When did you start collecting coins?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
When did you start collecting coins?

It was very soon after moving to the town I live in now, Loogootee, and I came here when I was nine, so I would have to say it was between the ages of nine and eleven (1996-1998). It started out with bicentennial quarters, then I subscribed to this coin seller company that sent little advertisements to my house each month of coins I could buy from them. I bought coins from them for a year or so then stopped. For a while, I simply collected what I stumbled across and could buy from banks.

After moving to Montana to attend a boarding school for high school, there just so happened to be a coin shop in a nearby town called Kalispell (how I love that name) that I would buy from. They sold buffalo nickels, wheatie pennies, and mercury dimes for seventy-five cents each, though the quality was somewhat poor, but they sold many other kinds as well. (They had a three cent piece for a few hundred I wanted so badly!) After graduating and moving home, I continue to collect only what I find and the bank happens to have, though my great aunt will occasionally send me some Italian coinage she has tucked away. Thank you for the question.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well I'm the same way I collect whatever I can find 9And I have probably 200 Bicentennial quarters) and what I canbget from the bacnk..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
is there any videogame you have had your eye on..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"is there any videogame you have had your eye on."
(Again, folks, the quote feature does not work on my new computer.)

Oh, indeed. I’ve had my eyes on Earthbound for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System for years. I really do not enjoy buying used games, and worse, games that aren’t complete, but Earthbound these days is extremely hard to find sealed, and more importantly, a complete version that has been USED goes for over $400. I have only spent that kind of money on a single video game once in my entire life, and it was only because it was a special box set that I’ve seen on eBay once in my entire life. It was a factory sealed Lunar 2: Eternal Blue for the PlayStation, and there was a demo of the game made that was ONLY available inside another rare game. So this seller carefully removed the seal of L2:EB, inserted the brand new demo he removed from his copy of the rare game it comes with, had it re-factory sealed at a gaming store, then put it up for sale. Not a huge amount of people have L2:EB factory sealed, brand new, let alone it with the special demo only found elsewhere as well.

Anyway, my point being is that I’m somewhat hesitant to spend the money to buy Earthbound, as I only did so before because it was a sort of “gamer emergency,” if you will. So that is why I’ve had my eyes on a game for years. I’m just not ready to empty my wallet for it yet. When I do get it, it will have to be used, sadly, as I just can’t handle over $1,000 for a sealed copy when another comes along on Ebay, but it will definitely be complete, as in box and manual included. It’s not that big of a deal if it was for a close friend’s birthday or something, but that’s too big of a loss for self-enjoyment. I know it can be played easily on an emulator, but I am a collector, so I prefer all my games to be tangible. Thank you for the question.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the whole point tfs of buying games is to play them , not leave them sealed in thier wrapping.. i understand you from the collectos angle
 but if i had that many games, i'd play most of them if not all of them..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"What's your favorite movie?"

There’s no contest for me, miss, no contest at all. I enjoy my favorite movie far more than any other I’ve seen. If my favorite movies were placed on a staircase, this would be on top while the second would be centered between the middle and top. It’s an anime, and it just has this medley of elements I love packed together nicely with a ribbon on top. It’s called Summer Wars, a masterpiece, if you ask me. A written summary would be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars and a tiny glimpse into the story and style would be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7FN6VnhXk. I never found a dull moment. I was always something, nervous, happy, sad, tense, and so forth. The ending just touched me so deeply. I’ve never had an experience like this movie before, and I’d recommend it to anyone. Thank you for the question.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"How's it going? Is everything all right?"

Things are going okay these days. I’ve nearly recovered from the virus, as all that’s left is a cough that is finishing up the removal of the foreign invaders. I’ve been trying to install World of Warcraft on my new computer for over a week now with no luck. I called the company three times, and none of them can figure out the problem. It looks like I’ll literally have to send my computer to blizzard entertainment so they can work on it from there. After three calls, they clearly can’t resolve this over the phone. My dorm room is nice, as I finally have high-speed, unlimited internet. My story is nearing completion at long last. Life isn’t quite as depressing as it used to be, so again, things are going alright for me. Thank you for the question.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How long ago did you start playing World of Warcraft? On average, how many hours per day do you play it?

The reason I'm asking is because my younger brother has played it since it first came out (2004, I think), and has often spent long days and long nights doing nothing but play that game. I'm just curious about how much of your life it takes up compared to his.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
“How long ago did you start playing World of Warcraft? On average, how many hours per day do you play it?

The reason I'm asking is because my younger brother has played it since it first came out (2004, I think), and has often spent long days and long nights doing nothing but play that game. I'm just curious about how much of your life it takes up compared to his.”

Mm, my World of Warcraft master, Saft the Brave, introduced me into the wonderful world of Azeroth a little over two years ago. I started played during The Wrath of the Lich King, some months before Icecrown Citadel came out. (It was even before the ICC instances, where Trial of the Champion and Trial of the Crusader where the main places to farm gear.) So it was some time in 2009. On average, I’d say six hours a day. I have all ten classes, all at the Cataclysm level cap, and my main, my Death Knight, has seventy-six days of playtime http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quel...theerial/simple. Because my new computer is not letting Cataclysm install, I can’t play nearly as much as I used to, but I am trying to get that fixed. For about a year, I played an average of nine hours a day, but my time has dwindled. Thank you for the question.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What is your favorite genre of music?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"What is your favorite genre of music?"

If I had to pick from the straightforward list of genres (jazz, rock, metal, bluegrass, and so forth) I would have to pick country. Country is the only station I have on for music when I’m driving. I love so many songs of that style. Some I love of this genre include:

The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia
Tall Tall Trees
Ring of Fire
Three Wooden Crosses
It’s Five o’clock Somewhere
She Thinks my Tractor’s Sexy
Something Like That
Wild One
Drink, Swear, Steal, and Lie
Some Beach
And Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

On the other hand, if I could be more specific, give a type of music not under a specific genre, I like church hymnals best. Sure, radio stations have Christian music, but the ones in my area are loaded with contemporary Christian. I honestly do not enjoy the sound of New Age worship music. I know such stations play the oldies sometimes, like Angels we have Heard on High, Old Rugged Cross, Oh Come All Yee Faithful, As the Deer Panteth, and so forth, but every station I find plays mostly the new stuff. I know a ton of people like the new sound of Christian music, and that’s great, but you won’t catch me enjoying the tune of any. Truly, I can’t say I like listening to the music of any worship songs produced over the last number of years I’ve heard. If someone makes one that sounds like the old days, he or she can call me, heh heh heh. So I love old hymnals best, but due to availability, if you’re ever a passenger in my car and have no preference, I’ll be playing a country station. Thank you for the question.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK, since you mentioned interrogation option on your thread... (insert evil face here)

WHERE WERE YOU LAST FRIDAY AT 2 IN THE MORNING?!  WERE YOU ALONE?!  AND DID YOU HAPPEN TO BUY A CHEESE DANISH EARLIER THAT DAY?!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"WHERE WERE YOU LAST FRIDAY AT 2 IN THE MORNING?! WERE YOU ALONE?! AND DID YOU HAPPEN TO BUY A CHEESE DANISH EARLIER THAT DAY?!"

I'm actually at the same place every Friday at two in the morning- Azeroth, or in non-player terminology, I am playing World of Warcraft at that time.

Nope, I wasn't alone. I have a lot of friends on there I do things with, whether it's an instance (dungeon), dailies (quests), just chatting, or some other WoW activity.

I did not have a cheese danish earlier that day, but the cafeteria here did serve those a little over a month ago, and I had one then.

Thank you for the questions.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Eh, you did say either question, query, inquiry, or interrogation.  So I picked interrogation, if that works...

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh yes, that's perfectly fine with me. You asked some good questions which I enjoyed answering. Feel free to ask anything you like any way you'd like.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What got you interested in Twilight Valley?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.