The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask ImpracticalDino

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Do you think flying taxis will ever become viable?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I think I actually have time to reveal it this weekend. Keep reminding me.

Also, it has something to do with a short vacation of some sort, so that will get you thinking! ;)
Here's your next reminder. :cerahappy

Although I've been rather busy myself these past couple of weeks.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
When are you gonna join discord?  :lol

Eventually... :slap

Do you think flying taxis will ever become viable?

I don't know, maybe in the foreseeable future, but not now. It seems like they're using helicopters for the "taxi" or passenger transport. It would probably be too expensive for normal consumers, so Uber, Lyft, normal taxi, and the like would still be the dominant choice for people to get where they want to go.

Here's your next reminder. :cerahappy

Although I've been rather busy myself these past couple of weeks.

I get so much homework every, but more specifically from one A.P class of mine I'm taking. Procrastination doesn't help either. So a lot of nights I would only get between 3-4 hours of sleep, sometimes 2 hours, and sometimes five. It would be a miracle at this point to get 6 hours of sleep (a.k.a the standard average I set for myself on a school night). That would be enough for a good night rest (for me anyway) and not fall sleep in every class at school. By the time I actually get the motivation and incentive to do my homework for the day, well its basically near bedtime. So, yeah.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, well I'll ask one more question about it and then I'll stop pestering you for now. Will you have time to tell us about it over, say, the winter/semester break?

Also, hang in there! I remember many long, tiring evenings devoted to homework when I was still in school/college. You'll get through this.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, well I'll ask one more question about it and then I'll stop pestering you for now. Will you have time to tell us about it over, say, the winter/semester break?

Most certainly. If you don't hear about it all the way up to that point, you'll definitely hear about it then. :yes

Also, hang in there! I remember many long, tiring evenings devoted to homework when I was still in school/college. You'll get through this.

Thank you for the motivational words. It does really help, even if only for the current day or so. :smile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
How long you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you prefer fountain, ink, or ballpoint pens?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How long you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?

It depends on how long I'd be willing to lock myself in the basement with all of the non-perishable foods and technology (such as phone and IPad) that I can carry with me.

Do you prefer fountain, ink, or ballpoint pens?

I think I have only ever used one type of pen (ballpoint), so that I can't say for certain yet.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your favorite time of the day? Dawn, morning, afternoon, dusk, twilight, etc.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would say night honestly. I can chill, sit back, do whatever, and go to sleep. In daytime, many things to do and you are active. Although, I still appreciate the daytime a lot.

Dawn and Dusk are pretty splendid too.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing as you recently made note of the fanfiction links in my signature, I have to ask, are you interested in ever reading any of them? (Be advised, the first two were written many years ago, and my writing style has changed quite a bit since then.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am always curious about people's experiences with technology as time goes by.  So with that in mind, what kind of computers have you had during your life?  Do you remember their operating systems and specifications?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing as you recently made note of the fanfiction links in my signature, I have to ask, are you interested in ever reading any of them? (Be advised, the first two were written many years ago, and my writing style has changed quite a bit since then.)

Probably if I have nothing better to do. Other than that, not really. I would most likely be interested in the Lego & LBT crossover fanfic you made however.

Have you ever lied down on a bed of nails?

Nope, nope, nope! It sounds painful! It does, it does. :sducky

My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am always curious about people's experiences with technology as time goes by.  So with that in mind, what kind of computers have you had during your life?  Do you remember their operating systems and specifications?

Well, there was this old boxy Compaq desktop computer I was using back in 2009. I don't really have a memory if I used that computer any previous years, but that's all I remember. It had Windows XP on it. We switched shortly to the HP computer that I'm using now, much more thin and rectangular. It had Windows 7 for most of its lifespan, and now it has Windows 10 because of the free upgrade. I regret doing that because of all the bundled junkware and spying crap that was added with the new operating system. I saw no difference with the performance level between Windows 10 and Windows 7, but then again what would I expect on such old hardware and all the stuff that Windows 10 came with. As you may have guessed, every specification this HP computer had since the beginning is still intact and the same. For watching YouTube and browsing the internet, it does perfectly fine and there's no need to upgrade anything. The processor on this computer is a 2.30 GHz AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300, with 3 GB (2.75 GB usable) of ram installed in it. Also, it's a 64-Bit operating system. I never really paid attention to identifying any of the specs, but luckily Windows can provide you with easy information on that by accessing the Device Manager. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You now possess the ability to change your eye color to whatever hue you want. What would you opt for, perchance? :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Actually, it isn't. I did it once at a science museum. You do feel a prickling sensation, but it's otherwise not painful at all. The reason is because it's your body weight evenly spread out across all those nails. Hence, combined, they're able to hold you up just fine without puncturing you.

What is the origin of 'Hoomandil'? :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You now possess the ability to change your eye color to whatever hue you want. What would you opt for, perchance? :Mo

I’m honestly content with the eye color I have, generic as it may be. Although, I think I would change my eye color to gray or amber probably.

Actually, it isn't. I did it once at a science museum. You do feel a prickling sensation, but it's otherwise not painful at all. The reason is because it's your body weight evenly spread out across all those nails. Hence, combined, they're able to hold you up just fine without puncturing you.

What is the origin of 'Hoomandil'? :)

I actually knew since you already explained it in Anagnos’ Ask Me Thread. I just wanted to do a Ducky impression. :p
Nonetheless, it still looks painful though.

The origin of Hoomandil...well it’s pretty simple really. When thinking of my username, I thought of the word that people would use as a joke when portraying how an animal would refer to humans from their perspective. As for -dil, it is sorta based off of the way that Lapine words end with -il when they are plural. I wasn’t satisfied about the look and pronunciation of the username at that point, so I decided to add a d before -il for the “dill” pronunciation. I liked the way that Hrududu (Hrududil) sounded, so that was where my last bit of inspiration came from. That word refers to any motor vehicle in the Lapine language by the way.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Probably if I have nothing better to do. Other than that, not really. I would most likely be interested in the Lego & LBT crossover fanfic you made however.

I should probably clarify that among those links in my signature, the first two are actually crossovers of LBT & Bionicle (by far my favorite Lego theme), which I wrote around the years 2008 to 2013 (thus why I felt the need to mention the way they're written is quite different from what I do these days). The last one is actually a crossover of generic Lego (bricks and minifigs) with Equestria Girls, and happens to be a series of many stories (the link in my sig leads to a topic that links to those stories on another site). If you're curious about how long these fanfics are, the LBT/Bionicle stories are both just a little over 100,000 words each (the second one would've likely ended up twice as long had I not decided to cancel any further progress), while the still ongoing Lego/Equestria Girls series is well over half a million words in total as of now.

I can't think of any questions to ask you right now, but I figured I should at least let you know about all of this to prevent any confusion.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:56:17 AM by The Chronicler »

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for letting me know, Chronicler.

Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert?

Definitely an introvert for sure.