The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My idea for a fanfic

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For many years, I've come up with ideas for fanfiction for many various things. But this idea seems so great, that I just simply can't forget about it like all the others. It's a crossover of LBT and Bionicle.

Here's what happens: the six villages of the island of Mata Nui and their residents are misteriously and suddenly transported to the Great Valley, where strange climate changes have made parts of the valley suitable for each village. Takua, a Matoran who loves to travel, quickly becomes friends with Littlefoot and the others, helping to estabish peace between Matoran and Dinosaurs. But after a few days, Rahi attacks indicate that Makuta had followed the Matoran to the dinosaur world. Without any Toa for protection, things seem hopeless when a discovery is made. Makuta can be stopped, but only by the powers within the Stones of Elemental Energy. So now, the gang, along with their new friend Takua, must travel to many dagerous places to find the Stones so they can stop Makuta and return peace to the valley.

If you're wondering on what part of the Bionicle storyline this takes place, it happens a few months before the arrival of the Toa Mata to the island of Mata Nui. There are two reasons I chose this; 1, Takua is my favorite Bionicle character, and I'd like to have the gang meet him as a Matoran, not as a Toa, and 2, Of all the places in the Bionicle universe, Mata Nui seems the most similar to the dinosaur world, and therefor easier for Matoran and dinosaurs to accept each other.

I don't know when I'll be able to acctually start it, and with all the school work I have, I might not even start it months! :(  Until then, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of this idea. Tell me what you think and who knows, if everyone looks forward to it, I might be more willing to start it as soon as possible.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Intriguing idea. I would like to see this develop into something. It is actually very good. Go ahead with it and see what you can do. I'm doing  an LBT/Eragon crossover.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't know anything about Bionicle but it does seem like an interesting idea.  The great valley is huge so it could likely fit.  If I recall they travel for a day or 2 within the valley to go to see the hidden runner so it is likely a very huge valley.  

One dangerous place maybe they can go to is the canyon of shiny stones.  It is in a tv episode and is near a live volcano.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
That sounds interesting. I would like to see what you do with your idea. I never thought about a crossover from LBT and something other. But this will let me think about it. Hope you have nice ideas for your fanfic.  :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If I recall they travel for a day or 2 within the valley to go to see the hidden runner so it is likely a very huge valley.

I don't believe that was in the valley...  There isn't anything that said it wasn't but there wasn't anything that said it was either.  We'll probably never know.  Seeing as it only took Littlefoot a very short amount of time to find Chomper in LBT 2, I'd say the valley is pretty small - certainly not large enough to take days to walk from one side to the other.  Isn't it also strange that the kids are always in yelling distance of their parents/guardians? I'd say the valley isn't too large.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
They probably have really powerful voices. :lol:

When we get a view of the valley from above, at the beginning of some of the movies, we see that it is very large. Probably at least a two-day walk from one end to the other.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I think it would take just a half or one day.  :p  But I think no one knows that excactly :lol:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, at least I'm getting some support. Don't worry if you don't know much about Bionicle. At the time this story takes place, there's little that you need to know, and it will all be described early in the story anyway.

About the Great Valley being big enough for this, I can easily say that the island of Mata Nui is far bigger than the valley. But I have a feeling that the valley would be just big enough for the six villages. Also, based on what I've come up with so far, the entire valley experiences bizarre climate changes shortly before the Matoran arrive. The results include a desert, a giant lake, even a glacier!

Also, by "dagerous places" to find the energy stones, I was thinking more of various places in the mysterious beyond, some of which I'll need to come up with. Another thing I'd like to say is that I had origionally planned to put this on fanfiction.net, instead, feeling uncertain, I'm going the write it here.

- Berix

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I used to love Bionicle. Then I grew up a little bit. LBT has escaped the packaging of childhood memories, though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You likely know the best places to put those energy stones.  As for how large the great valley is, it looks huge, and like with most things it's likely as huge as the plot needs it to be.  Sometimes it's a long trip walking around inside it, other times it's a very short trip to the main exit.  So I'd say make the great valley as large as your plot needs it to be, the writers on the land before time do that so why not you too?   :yes

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Like I said earlier, I don't know when I'll be able to get this started. I'm glad I'm getting support. If any of you want to know more about what I'm planning here, feel free to ask.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm planning to include Chomper and Ruby.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone else seen this topic? I'd like to see what a few others think about this idea.

- Berix

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I really cannot help here because I don't know too muh about Bionicle :( . But I do look forward to see what will you come up with ;) .

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I feel quite lost, myself, due to not knowing a lot about BIONICLE. The closest comparison I can draw from what it looks like is, oddly enough, Power Rangers, and that, too, I don't know much about.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you wish to know more you can ask any 5 year old that is handy and you are on friendly terms with, they can teach you all about modern culture that kids know about.  Some of the smart folks here may be able to tell you some, but perhaps not as much as a 5 year old.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  09:08 AM
I feel quite lost, myself, due to not knowing a lot about BIONICLE. The closest comparison I can draw from what it looks like is, oddly enough, Power Rangers, and that, too, I don't know much about.
I see hardly any similarities between Bionicle and Power Rangers. For clarifications, I'll be portraying Boinicle as it was when it began in 2001: six villages, one for each element (fire, water, air, ice, stone, earth), on a mysterious island, and a polynesian-style legend about a great spirit, his corrupt brother, and six warriors to save the great spirit. Bionicle has now become more different, but I don't think it's necessary to go into detail about that, for now.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure your fanfiction will provide all that sort of information and likely more.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When do you think you'll start posting it?

With me, I just post a chapter when I finish it. Some other people write the entire thing and then post it.