The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars LBT crossover

jedi472 · 154 · 18342

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool! If anyone wants, I could send a rough draft of the next chapter to them.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'll take one please.

I just thought of something, would Ducky be able to reprise her role as gunner? Perhaps in a tank or something?

Also, you have full permission to use the Great Valley Air Corps from Twilight Valley. I don't know how you could implement it but perhaps Pterano or the flyers can strafe stormtroopers, either using blaster pistols or thrown rocks (Hey, rock throwing worked for the Ewoks!)

The image of Ducky's mother or Ms. Maia or Strut (if he's present) shooting at stormtroopers with stolen blaster rifles or throwing grenades makes me laugh.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I can tell you that those with hands will be pulling triggers, although since the dinosars are much larger than the average human, they'll have considerably larger weapons, like E-webs. As for the Flyers, I thought some could drop thermal detenators, like a bombing run.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Jul 28 2008 on  05:44 PM
Well, I can tell you that those with hands will be pulling triggers, although since the dinosars are much larger than the average human, they'll have considerably larger weapons, like E-webs. As for the Flyers, I thought some could drop thermal detenators, like a bombing run.
So, the dinosaurs with hands will be able to use E-Webs the same way an ordinary human would use a blaster rifle? Are the biped dinosaurs able to use weapons that would normally be mounted on a tripod or small vehicle? I'd assume that the dinos would basically serve as the antiarmor and heavy weapons troopers.

There is a problem with using the flyers as living bombers. How would the flyers be able to activate the TD and throw it? Or are you going to borrow the idea of smaller dinos riding on flyers?

Perhaps, just for fun, you could have a few stormtroopers could be taken out with rocks (Like I said, it worked for Ewoks!) Or maybe have a Longneck destroy an AT-ST walker.

I just got the preview, it's good. However, the title is shared with chapter 11 of my fan fic. I'll send what I have done on it.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The flyers would use their toe claws to both hold the detenators and flick the arming switch. The bipeds will carry E-webs, rocket launchers and other such weapons. Power generators for the E-webs would connect directly to the gun, and they would be worn by tying several vines around it, then using the rest of the vine to strap it to themselves, like a belt or a bandolier.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just thought about the Faambas (sp?) from Episode 1 that carried shield generators. Could the larger quadrupeds be used like them or maybe as weapons platforms (Ducky and Ruby riding on Bron and sniping stormtroopers with a rifle)?

Also, will the Gang be involved in combat? And I also wondered, will the smaller bipeds (Ducky, Ruby, Chomper etc.) be able to use weapons like blaster rifles and pistols?

Power generators for the E-webs would connect directly to the gun, and they would be worn by tying several vines around it, then using the rest of the vine to strap it to themselves, like a belt or a bandolier.

Are the dinosaurs unable to move and fire at the same time with an E-Web? Or is the generator portable (at least to the dinosaurs) and the vines will serve as sling so the dinosaur can quickly bring the E-Web to eye level and shoot?

And about the sample, I would like you to change the name of the chapter. Maybe to something like "Imperial Valley Assault" or "Valley Invasion" or "Imperial Invasion"?

Also, the sample seemed to be going along well. Nice bit of humor with Markus's panic attack. I also liked the high tension with Markus's presumed death.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The power generators would be small enough to allow the dinosaurs to move and fire while using the E-webs, but instead of using them in a rifle-like fashion, the dinosaurs would carry and aim them more like heavy rotary guns, although since the guns themselves are smaller in comparison, mobility would be easier.

I can't reveal too much, but yes, the gang will be playing a definite role in the coming battle. I've been thinking about it, and I'm going to rename my chapter "Imperial Assault".

Glad you like the chapter! It sould be up soon.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
By the way, I could still use answers for the "What do you think of Markus?" question. It tells me what I need to concentrate on in order to make him as real as possible. After all, his is a main character.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just a note: I realize Chomper and Ruby have yet to appear in the story, and frankly, I'd like to keep it that way, if only to keep the number of characters down. For the record, this story takes place after LBT 10 but before 11. All major occurances in the later sequels, such as the arrival of Tria, will be incorporated into the story...somehow.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info. I had been wondering when this story supposedly takes place.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I do want Tria and Tricia to be a part of my stories, but since the events in this crossover will no doubt change the entire saga of LBT as well as Star Wars, I will have to think up alternate ways these characters are introduced story-wise.

By the way, how many of you actually understand the backstory behind Darth Malak? For that matter, how many know what's going on in Star Wars during the year 24 ABY(After the Battle of Yavin)?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm having the same problem with my fanfic.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's not too big of a problem, if you know how to make workarounds on the fly.

By the way, how many here have played Knights of the Old Repblic? That's the game where I got Darth Malak from.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's out for PC, too. In any case, head over to starwars.wikia.com and search for it to learn the basic plot.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think it would be easier to include the background story in the story itself, even if only the basic stuff that takes up one paragraph. I did similar things with my fanfic, as I knew most readers would be unfamiliar with Bionicle. Besides, some of us might not have the time or be willing to visit another website just to understand a single character.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I did include a few things about Darth Malak's past life, such as his role in the Second Sith War, nearly 4000 years before the two trilogies. But his history is so lengthy it's hard to summarize. The wiki on him is serveral pages long.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think a good idea would be to show a moment of shock on the part of the Imperial soldiers when the dinos start fighting back. Maybe it could go like this:

During the invasion

"The base is poorly defended. I mean look at the defenders, they're primitive. How could they hope to stand up to our forces?" the pilot of an AT-ST said with a derisive chuckle. The co-pilot didn't hear him, for he was scanning the horizon with a pair of electrobinoculars.

Suddenly, a large blast rocked the AT-ST.  

"Damn! What was that?" the pilot said.

"Uh, you may want to rethink the 'primitive' part." the co-pilot said, looking through a pair of electrobinoculars.

"Give me those!" the pilot shouted, seizing the electrobinoculars and placing them to his face, "What the hell!? Intel is wrong!." He said.

In the distance, the pilot saw not one, but two dinosaurs assailing his AT-ST. It was the last thing he saw.

Ms. Maia, armed with a missile tube, and Ducky's mother, armed with an E-Web both fired at the AT-ST as it approached. Ducky's mother had already destroyed the weapons systems on the AT-ST with some well placed shots and Ms. Maia had fired two missiles at the AT-ST. Both missiles struck the cockpit, destroying the walker in a firey explosion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Markus question: he seems to be on the "hard" side.