The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

favorite games

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://msn.com
hey does anyone have any favorite games they want to tell about!!! :DD

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like, Blood Rayne, spyro, lbt, pokemon, yugioh, and lots more!!! :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm currently playing Oblivion and like it quiet a bit.  One of my favorite pc rpg's I"ve played, next to Kotor 1, and maybe might and magic 8.  Though x-men legends 2, is very fun also.  I also enjoyed playing Age of Mythology (though to bad it didn't have any carryover), and battle for middle earth 1 was fun, despite the 2 annoying spots, one being a sort of minor annoyance.

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 6 2008 on  12:52 PM
I'm currently playing Oblivion and like it quiet a bit.  One of my favorite pc rpg's I"ve played, next to Kotor 1, and maybe might and magic 8.  Though x-men legends 2, is very fun also.  I also enjoyed playing Age of Mythology (though to bad it didn't have any carryover), and battle for middle earth 1 was fun, despite the 2 annoying spots, one being a sort of minor annoyance.
cool, those games sound really good!!! :DD

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
some others are war games, devil may cry 1, 2, 3, and 4, scaler, digimon data squad, and more!!! :DD

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lucario#1,Jul 6 2008 on  01:16 PM
some others are war games, devil may cry 1, 2, 3, and 4, scaler, digimon data squad, and more!!! :DD
DMC, way to go! Have you beaten the hardest on DMC4? I have!   :lol:

Nah, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash, to name some.  :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
GTA vice city,Driver parallel lines,AceCombat5,AC0,AC6,Medal of honor Vangaurd are some of my favorites.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm...Hard to pick out favorites for me...

I'd have to say any Command & Conquer game (not Renegade, that sucked) and EVE Online for the PC, and probably Call of Duty 4 for the 360. I'll play essentially any FPS, RTS, or RPG that I can get my hands on and is free to play online (though EVE's an exception to that - I like it that much :DD )

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Being a Bionicle fan, one of my favorite games has to be the only Bionicle video gave I have managed to get, Bionicle Heroes. Put simply, it's incredibly simple and could seem a little repetitive, but I still love playing that game. I also love the humor in parts of it.

After that, I'd have to say my next favorite game would probably be Civilization4.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
A few Nintendo games (Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Story), and Ages of Myst (woooots!)

Lucario, may I ask you not to double post so much? Sometimes people do, but not all the time. It's considered spam when you double post too much.

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lillefot,Jul 6 2008 on  01:59 PM
Quote from: Lucario#1,Jul 6 2008 on  01:16 PM
DMC, way to go! Have you beaten the hardest on DMC4? I have!   :lol:

Nah, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash, to name some.  :)
yeah I have beaten DMC 4, it was kinda easy! :DD

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Jul 6 2008 on  02:33 PM
GTA vice city,Driver parallel lines,AceCombat5,AC0,AC6,Medal of honor Vangaurd are some of my favorites.
those games, sound like me, with the race cars and army stuff! :DD

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jul 6 2008 on  04:52 PM
Being a Bionicle fan, one of my favorite games has to be the only Bionicle video gave I have managed to get, Bionicle Heroes. Put simply, it's incredibly simple and could seem a little repetitive, but I still love playing that game. I also love the humor in parts of it.

After that, I'd have to say my next favorite game would probably be Civilization4.
I am not very fond of bionicle, but thats just me! :lol

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Jul 6 2008 on  09:39 PM
A few Nintendo games (Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Story), and Ages of Myst (woooots!)

Lucario, may I ask you not to double post so much? Sometimes people do, but not all the time. It's considered spam when you double post too much.
my brother loves those games and I like super smash bros. and brawl! :DD

anyone else want to share!!! :DD

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, there seems to be two topics that ask for what games we like the most and I already responded in the Best Video Games Ever topic. But just so this topic isn't left out, I could talk about my favorite game "types" if nobody minds. I can't just copy everything from the other topic and paste it here. How utterly boring that would be. So, I'll list my three favorite types of games from third to first:

3. Action Role Playing Games:
They almost always have great stories and the best ones give you AIs to help you in battle that you can set how they fight, like the Kingdom Hearts series and Dot Hack series. They are harder because they involve quick thinking in battles and minigames. These tend to have a lot more voice overs and cutscenes. They tend to have very detailed backgrounds and characters these days. There tend to be a lot of challenging types of combos and spells to pull off. Boss battles involve a lot of moving to avoid their special abilities and hit their weakspots. These seem to be the most popular type of RPG besides MMO.

2. Turn Based Role Playing:
Other than the Final Fantasy series and its time bars, these games let you take your time to carfully plot out your strategy. You could start a battle and stare at the screen for an hour and your enemies won't do anything. This is the law of TBRPG worlds: you take turns. While I can beat low level enemies fairly quickly, tough bosses take a good strategy, something hard to come by if they didn't stand there politely waiting for you to take your turn. In most of these, you don't even have to move your character directly at all. In more than 95% of these, you don't control your character like in ARPGs. Now, you give commands to your team, and when they hear what you have to say via the buttons on your control, you can actually set the controller down and watch them work. Except some of these like Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, the Paper Mario RPGs, and The Legend of Dragoon, if you press another button right before your character makes contact, he gets a critical hit. So in these, you could say that you don't control your character until the last second. These often focus on elements, with water usually being healing. When I'm not in the mood for immidiate respnses and I don't feel like button mashing, I tend to play these.

This type of game isn't just a rare kind of RPG. This is one of the rarest genres I know of period, so most of you probably haven't even heard it. Lucario#1 is the only member here who has acknowledged playing this type of game in Best Video Games Ever topic and this one. They are called:
3. Dramatic and Innovative Role Playing Games: (That's a mouthful, isn't it?)
This is actually the hardest genre for me to even describe. Honestly, there is not a whole lot to say. This type of game is a sub genre of Turn Based Role Playing Games, like Tactics is, only this type doesn't have chess board battle fields. The battles are still turn based, but this is much more advanced then any other turn based game in the fact that your allies respond to how you do things. Depending on how you use them in battle determines how they get stronger in different ways. Basically, all your choices lead up to your teams growth. Now you have to think even more before you make a choice you make, because now it doesn't just effect your enemies now but your friends as well. I think that that is the cleverest genre, or at least the cleverest RPG sub genre. I am most fascinated by this kind of game than I ever have been with another. They must be pretty difficult to make.

And those are my favorite game types. I like others but prefer these over all the rest. Later!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
These are some of my favorites

Ace combat 4

Call of Duty 4

Halo

Call of Duty: World at War

Bioshock

GTA 4

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Tales series (Great music and good gameplay)
DMC (All 4)
ChromeHounds (XBOX 360 game)
Armored Core (2+4)
Zelda
Morrowind and Oblivion
Fable 1+2
Resident Evil 4

That's just a few of them, but they're good games!

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Bioshock
End War
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Battlefield Bad Company
Mass Effect
The Original Starcraft
Splinter Cell series
Rainbow Six Vegas (1 and 2)
Rock Band
The Orange Box

I'm a huge shooter fan.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros., Mario Multi-player Games, Pokemon, Need For Speed Series, and F-Zero Series (GX mostly).

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
My favorites are Kingdom Hearts games, The Legend of Zelda games, and Pokemon games.