The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you thinking about?

Amaranthine · 1119 · 97951

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how I can't seem to find that "Recent purchases you've made" topic. I'd really like to comment on something I bought nearly a week ago.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thinking about how awesome it is to be eating a warm slice of pizza, and a cupful of blood orange gelato...
now if only I could get my hands on some cheesecake
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
About how empty and meaningless my life feels as of late.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am thinking about how much I hate the fact that I'm so far ahead with my writing compared to my uploads... I'm so excited to upload certain chapters but I need to wait at least two months to get there :p

Another thing I'm thinking about is school because I'm not quite sure how well I'll get used to getting up early in the morning :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about a donation I just made to a cancer fund, but they somehow didnt receive it... Hopefully it'll still go through. Makes me feel all icky and nervous. Also wondering how I'm going to able to study for all the tests coming up.. No nice thoughts here!

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'm now thinking about why the "Ask the Characters" thread, among many others 'Party Room' threads, hasn't received enough attention as of now. (hinthintnudgenudge)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know it's a ways off from now, but I'm thinking about how nice it will be to take my mate out for a fun day at a Renaissance Festival~

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thinking about unrepayable debts, personal and public.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Reading some very old LBT fanfics (more than 10 years old), and thinking about how simple and short they are, and while most are bad, there are some that do show inspiration and have emotional appeal.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thinking about finishing up the prologue of my story... and then rewriting everything I had written down in the way of chapters to suit such prologue *facepalm*
Also thinking about the tacos I will have for lunch... Soon they will be mine... precious...
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how GoF's total post count will soon reach another milestone: 400,000. I remember back when we celebrated 100,000 (I think that was back in 2008, not long after I had joined).

This also means my post count will soon reach 4,000, since I'm obsessed with maintaining my status of having 1.00% of the total forum posts.

- Berix

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Random thought,

Deadliest Warrior...with Twilight Valley dinosaurs...

Great Valley (Claw Valley)

Long range: Sling (Throwing knife)

Medium range: Obsidian lance (obsidian lance)

Close range: Mace (Studded stick)

Special: Fists, feet, tails (Fists, feet, tails, claws, teeth)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How lazy I am lately...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am thinking about how to resolve a minor plot point in my fanfiction.  I can see two good options to take, and both of them lead to the same outcome in the chapter I am writing, but they are mutually exclusive.  Sometimes I suppose having too many ideas can be just as frustrating as having too few  :bang .

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd ALWAYS prefer having too many... writer's block is demotivating...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am thinking about what the dividing line is between a T rating and a M rating on fanfiction.net.  Some of the future scenes in my fanfiction are going to get a bit... graphic... as the main characters are now sharpteeth and although the guidelines are rather clear on where the dividing line is for sexual material (which won't be in my fanfic) it is not so clear on gore.  I don't want to lose potential readers by changing the rating to M (and thus be omitted by default by the filer presets on the website) but at the same time I don't want my fanfic to be flagged for a terms of use violation.  It is an interesting conundrum.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Feb 17 2014 on  09:19 PM
I am thinking about what the dividing line is between a T rating and a M rating on fanfiction.net. Some of the future scenes in my fanfiction are going to get a bit... graphic... as the main characters are now sharpteeth and although the guidelines are rather clear on where the dividing line is for sexual material (which won't be in my fanfic) it is not so clear on gore. I don't want to lose potential readers by changing the rating to M (and thus be omitted by default by the filer presets on the website) but at the same time I don't want my fanfic to be flagged for a terms of use violation. It is an interesting conundrum.
Here's my advice on that issue of yours, based on some of the oldest LBT fanfics I remember reading back in 2007. Stuff that would be safe for a T rating would be scrapes and cuts that draw only a little blood. For an M rating, it would be vivid descriptions on things like entrails and dismemberment. If that's what's going to appear in your story, I would suggest raising the rating no later than right before you upload the first chapter that would have such vivid descriptions.

What I'm thinking right now: I really need to get around to cleaning off all the dust in my room. I've been putting it off for months now. <_<

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Thanks for the response.  I have pretty much decided to raise the rating when I get to the chapter in question.  Since this is a story about the gang turning into sharpteeth and I have a descriptive writing style, it is probably good for me to raise the rating out of an excess of caution.  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My story has one chapter that might be M but all the rest is rather T or even lower (not very familiar with the UK/US ratings though)

I'm thinking about whether or not to get myself a proper piano instead of the keyboard I currently have... I have got fairly good but I feel like the way the keys react to my playing is slowly decreasing my chance of getting better... it's hard to describe.