The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry that I didn't give my thoughts.  Even though I did like it, there wasn't much I wanted to talk about other than what has been pointed out by Chronicler in his review.  I pretty much had the same thoughts as him on this one.

Anyways, next Saturday, we have Applejack and Fluttershy in Las Pegasus with the return of two certain con artists we know all too well.  Let's see how the writers adapt The City of Sin into a kid's show.  I expect plenty of downplaying with this one.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The writing has been pretty poor this season. A lot of the episodes seemed rushed and forced.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So is there anywhere I can watch this episode? I've looked on Youtube several times and there aren't any uploads of the episode that aren't just some stupid reaction video. If somebody could provide a link, that would be greatly appreciated.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hasbro banned it from YouTube. Poke gave us a link to it already. Try dailymotion and see if they have it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Las Pegasus, here we come!  Time to head to the home of gambling, all night drinking, sex with strangers and quick marriages you will regret by morning!  Also remember the rule, what happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Las Pegasus!  Get the summary below!

Summary: Fluttershy and Applejack are called by the map to Las Pegasus.  There, they find a scheme by con artists Flim and Flam going on.

This is it!  Let's see how the writers make The City of Sin kid friendly!  I've been waiting for this one!  Links for the Live Streams below!

Season 6 Episode 20 - Viva Las Pegasus Live Streams

As usual, expect the online links later today and my review tomorrow!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The writers suck this season but Let's hope today's episode is good but I doubt it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Las Vegas fans are going to be disappointed with this one.  Especially with how they made it "kid-friendly".  Get the link below!

Season 6 Episode 20 - Viva Las Pegasus Dailymotion Version

No YouTube Link today!  Hasbro is TOO vigilant on that right now.

See ya tomorrow for my review! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The episode wasn't to bad at all. It was no master piece or anything. I liked how the Flim Flam Brothers team up with AppleJack And Fluttershy to stop Gladmane's plain. It's nice that for a short time the brothers where good guys for a change. And the lesson I thought was pretty good and well told. So all and all I enjoyed the episode quite a bit and found it pretty enjoyable. I'll give it a 7/10 for this week.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
As with Rarity and Pinkie Pie's map episode earlier this season, the map send the two ponies perfect for solving the friendship problem (though it takes them a while to figure it out), and the source of the friendship problem happens to be a figure of authority who needs to be removed.

This time, we see Las Pegasus with a resort owned by Gladmane (practically an Elvis impersonator, complete with the "thank you very much" catchphrase), who claims the secret of his success is to be everyone's friend, but the true secret is that he's also everyone's only friend (by tearing apart other friendships and making everyone reliant on staying with him). This ends up applying even to the recently employed Flim and Flam, who are now refusing to cooperate for probably the first time in their lives.

Applejack stubbornly refuses to help Flim and Flam, so she looks around for other friendship problems and ends up finding similar issues with all the performing groups. Fluttershy's sense of kindness to help even Flim and Flam ultimately leads to the brothers realizing the truth and reconciling, and that leads to the unlikely alliance to expose Gladmane's intentions. Galdmanne eventually sees through the trick they set up, but this lets him fall right into the real trap and with the word out, his dreams of a citywide empire are ruined.

Once Gladmane is gone, Flim and Flam take ownership of the resort and immediately go back to their old ways. (They regarded helping Applejack and Fluttershy as a "once in a lifetime opportunity, emphasis on once.") I said this when they last appeared back in Season 4 and I'll say it again: Those two will never learn their lesson.

Interestingly, according to Gladmane, Flim and Flam are actually good at different things, rather than just being completely identical. One is good at something, and the other is good at something else (but I forget which of them is good at what).

(end spoilers)

By the way, earlier this week, I saw this on Equestria Daily:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/lege...agne-joins.html
An animator who worked on some classic films, including the Land Before Time, will be working on the upcoming My Little Pony Movie.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's awesome that he is working on the mlp movie. It's very awesome to hear that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

This episode was entertaining.  It was good but far from great.  Get the spoiler version below.

So, we have a Cutie Map Episode this time around.  We are heading to Las Pegasus.  Everyone thought it was going to be Las Vegas ponyfied, but due to the fact they had to keep it kid-friendly, it's not.  So in the end, they made it one big Amusement Park City.  I guess that's one way to downplay The City of Sin.

For this episode, we have the two least likely characters to end up going there, Applejack and Fluttershy!  It's no surprise the two would consider themselves the least likely to go to such a place.  Applejack is a pony whom does not prefer the big city and Fluttershy is still a bit tense about being in large crowds.  Still, couldn't be too bad, right?  Wrong!

At least they have someone there who knows the two.  Meet Gladmane, an Elvis knockoff! (And everyone in the stream thought he was a Donald Trump knockoff!  He really is making everyone behind the times, isn't he?) Yep, Fluttershy and Applejack are kind of celebrities to him.

Anyways, everything seems good.  Fluttershy even makes quick friends with an entire prairie dog family.  However, not all is sunshine and rainbows.  Enter our lovely two con artists, Flim and Flam... and they are squabbling with one another, and it turns out to be the friendship problem.  All things considered, Applejack takes it pretty well.

It's no surprise that Applejack wouldn't see it as the friendship problem.  Her history with them alone makes that apparent pretty fast.  She goes off to find a different friendship problem while Fluttershy tries to figure out the problem with Flim and Flam.

Turns out, it's not just Flim and Flam whom have problems with one another, but others as well.  After some digging, it turns out that Gladmane is behind it all, telling lies so that he's their only friend.  It ends up being the TRUE secret to his success.

Fluttershy's kindness and Applejack's honesty leads the Flim Flam Brothers to finding out the truth and the unlikely alliance brings them together.  Flim and Flam develop a plan within a plan, completely unknown to the audience.

Basically speaking, Fluttershy dresses up as some very rich mare and has one of the brothers talk for her as to not give away the ruse right away.  However, as they try to make Gladmane reveal his true secret, it doesn't work.  He even takes off Fluttershy's disguise in the process.

Ultimately, Applejack and Fluttershy confront him at his office.  Gladmane doesn't consider the Flim Flam Brothers finding out to be a big loss.  He even reveals his plan to make a city wide resort.  The one thing he doesn't notice while he's giving his Evil Monologue?  Fluttershy with her hoof on the intercom button.

All is revealed to the ones he didn't want to know and ownership was given to Flim and Flam.  However, not before the two are back to their old ways conning off ponies.  They never learn.

Like I said, good but far from great!  Next week, Starlight Glimmer tackles friendship problems herself.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

It's yet another day of pony for everyone!  Today we have Starlight taking center stage.  Let's see if she can do better than her last episode.  Get the summary below!

Summary: To impress her teacher, Starlight tries to solve multiple friendship lessons at once.  She succeeds, with questionable results.

Well this should get interesting fast, hopefully.  Links to the Live Streams below.

Season 6 Episode 21 Every Little Thing She Does Live Stream

As always, the online version will be posted later today and my review tomorrow.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Well, so far I can at least say it was more enjoyable than the last Starlight Glimmer Episode.  Get the links below!

Season 6 Episode 21 - Every Little Thing She Does Dailymotion Version

Season 6 Episode 21 - Every Little Thing She Does YouTube Version

Enjoy and I'll see ya tomorrow for my review! ^^spike

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nah it sucked they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these episodes. It's sad to see this but it's time to let the show end.