The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I said hasbro sucks now and this episode Joins the sucky list like season six has. God this show sucks now it use to be so good now it's getting painful to watch And sit through. Everything about this episode was terrible and horrible. The plot sucked the message sucked everything about this episode was horribly written And so god awful that I had a hard time sitting through it. But I managed barely this get's a 3/10 this week.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
This was a rather mixed episode for me. I really liked how we got some real backstory on both Applejack and Big Mac, but I also kept cringing at young Applejack's series of lies growing increasingly out of control (though I suppose it's understandable why Applejack herself says that she isn't proud of what happened that day).

To give some context of how far back those events took place, Filthy Rich had been only engaged to Spoiled Rich (named Spoiled Milk at the time). If we assume Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom to be the same age, then that confirms Applejack's parents were still alive at the time, which makes their absence in this episode rather curious.

It's actually rather complicated how the events of this episode unfolded. Applejack wants to be the one to one day take over the farm and has plenty of big ideas, while Big Mag frequently disagrees. With Filthy Rich now taking over his family store, Applejack wants to prove her capability, so she makes a promise for selling cider in the store, but Granny Smith won't allow it, forcing Applejack to go back on her promise. Filthy Rich threatens to cut off business ties (which would ruin the farm) if Applejack goes back on her word, which makes her lie about Granny Smith being sick. One thing leads to another as Applejack and Big Mac struggle to keep Granny Smith and the Rich couple away from each other, leading to all of them visiting the hospital, and it is when Granny Smith is about to unknowingly hack off one of Big Mac's legs that Applejack finally confesses to her series of lies.

I was pleasantly surprised that this episode explains not only why Applejack is so honest, but also why Big Mac hardly ever talks. Big Mac used to be very talkative, practically saying everything except eyup or nope. And while Applejack learned how a simple lie could send things spiraling out of control, Big Mac learned that he could avoid a lot of problems if he simply listened to others instead of talking all the time.

I also noticed how almost everypony looked slightly younger during the flashback. Applejack was no longer a small filly but not quite an adult, Big Mac was a little smaller, and even Granny Smith had a slightly younger appearance. This was also seen in the background a bit too, such as Cheerilee in her "teenage appearance" seen way back in Season 1's "Call of the Cutie", and we even saw Derpy at the hospital with bandages over her eyes (I think we all know what might be the reason for that).

With the amount of backstory revealed in this episode, I will say that this was definitely worth watching, despite its crazy moments.

(end spoilers)

Like I said earlier, I'll give my thoughts on the remaining episodes when they air in the US over the next two weeks, as usual.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Same here glad to see season six over almost. Let's hope season seven will be somewhat better than six but I doubt it

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

Don't know why it took me so long to get to this.  Guess I just wasn't in the mood to type this up or something.  Anyways, spoilers below.

Geez, talk about a plot that makes you feel as bad as the character does.  Even Applejack knows these lies weren't good ones.  It really taught her to take honesty to heart and shows what can happen when you lie to hide a lie.  It just causes more lies and causes more trouble until everything escalates out of control. (But really?  Big Mac was going to lose his leg?  Geez!  That's dark!)

Not to mention that it really shows that Pony Filthy Rich is quite different from the Filthy Rich we got in Equestria Girls.  The one in Ponyville is much kinder.  Not to mention he deserves a better wife than what he got.

Oh, and while I'm pointing that out, it seems the tradition of taking the husband's last name upon marriage does exist in Equestria, just not as widespread.  It didn't happen with Shining Armor and Cadence, but it did with these two.  Makes you wonder what will happen when the Mane Six get hitched.  Will they take the husband's last name or won't they?

However, it seems a new trend is developing with the fandom on the origin of Applebloom.  Sadly though, I don't think they have a case for saying she's adopted or Applejack's daughter.  My explanation of her parents being on their Anniversary Vacation and having a night where they conceive Applebloom makes more sense to me and nicely explains their absence.

So, despite there being cringe-inducing moments, I'd say this was a good but far from great episode.

Okay, so next time is Twilight and Rainbow Dash at Wonderbolt Academy solving a friendship problem.  It starts in the UK in just a few hours.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay just saw the new episode And it didn't suck like the other God awful episode did. Top Bolt was actually a pretty good written episode with actual character development. The two new characters skyscraper who I didn't like much at all. Since he was a real jerk and thought he knew everything but turned out he sucked and his friend was helping him. So dispite that the way RainbowDash and Twilight helped them was pretty good and helpful. I liked how they told her how it was when they caught her red hoofed with her helping him all the time. So to be fair I'll give this episode some good credit I enjoyed it a lot.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EARLY EPISODE RELEASE~

Well, here's the UK version of Season 6 Episode 24.  Like the last two that aired early, it's not in HD, but hope you enjoy.  Oh, and I could only get the Dailymotion version.  YouTube is being quite strict on not showing this one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wt74x_m...-by-kuco-fan_tv

I'll give my thoughts when it airs in the US.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So I'm pretty late on this but yesterday, MLP turned six years old. Six years of pone with hopefully six (at least) more to go. Well we probably won't get six more years but hey it's a nice thought at least.

Anyway, happy sixth birthday to our cute little pone show.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah the fandom had bad times fights even wars over the six years it's been going on. But through the bad drama times we had music stories and other decent stuff made. It's been a interesting journey so far. Even tho I hate the fandom at times I'm glad to be a part of it for this long.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You never know, it may get 6, or more, seasons.  It's been great so far, & will continue to be.  Some folks dislike this or that change, but any change or introduction of something brings things some folks do not like.  You can't keep everyone happy.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope true if I really told you how I feel about this fandom I'll be banned witch I don't want to happen. The only positive thing I can say is this show lead me to a brony meetup group where I made a few decent acquaintance there. And we did go on some fun outings in the past five years I've been apart of the group.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Well, today is the US release of the episode that aired on Monday in the UK.  Fimfiction has been strict this week in not letting stories that have spoilers for the episodes that have yet to air in the US be posted.  However, I know what the floodgates will open in just a few hours.  Until then, get the summary below.

Summary: Twilight and Rainbow are called by the map to Wonderbolt Academy to solve a Friendship Problem.

<Whoops!  Forgot the link! :bang >

As always, I'll put up the online version later today and my review tomorrow.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I might watch it again this afternoon since I really liked it a lot

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

As expected, it's blocked on YouTube.  Get the Dailymotion HD Version below.

Season 6 Episode 24 - Top Bolt Dailymotion Version

I expect shipping fics of the new couple this week!  Don't you DARE let me down, Fimfiction!

See ya next time for the Finale, which has Starlight as the main focus.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even though this episode had already aired earlier this week, I'll still hide my comments regarding it in spoiler text as I always do. The same will apply for next week's season finale.

(spoilers)
The two other map missions this season had involved friendship problems that were only resolved by tearing down an unfriendly system, but this one had none of that and was really just a problem between only two friends, Wonderbolt recruits Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail. I actually found this to be a nice way to show how diverse these map missions could really be.

I really liked the dynamics between everyone involved in this episode. Sky Stinger is even more of a bragger than Rainbow Dash ever was, but isn't aware that most of his talent is due to Vapor Trail's assistance, who has only wanted to help him ever since they became friends. They do just fine working together, but Wonderbolt tryouts are solo tests, something that neither of them are ready for (despite Sky Stinger's denial). Twilight offers to help Sky, and Rainbow offers to help Vapor, but both Twilight and Rainbow can't agree on whether or not they should tell the truth to Sky.

Eventually, Vapor confesses to her actions, and although they initially go their separate ways, Twilight and Rainbow soon convince them to help each other, and by the end of tryouts, they're back to being good friends again.

This episode certainly had it's good moments, with my favorite being what Rainbow Dash said at both the beginning and the end of the episode: "I was just there!"

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

Well, this was a good episode to see.  Not to mention, it holds a new couple with plenty of shipping potential.  If I don't see fics of the new couple by next week, I will throw quite the tantrum.  Anyways, onto the spoilers.

Oh man, was this one good.  Rainbow Dash got done with Spring Training and was headed home to relax, but was called by the map with Twilight back to Wonderbolt Academy.  There goes her restful week!

This Friendship Problem though is just two friends whom would have really hurt one another.  The two are Sky Stinger, an egotistic stallion who thinks he's too good, and Vapor Trail, a mare who was just looking to joining because her best friend was, and Sky Stinger's Wing Pony.  These two were pretty much instant shipping material.  There's really no avoiding this one.

The fact is that Vapor was making Sky look good since they first met, (With Sky being none the wiser.) but now the solo trials are coming and they would both fail without the help of Twilight and Rainbow.  Vapor Trail needed to improve on her tricks, but Sky needed a serious wake up call.  He wasn't even close to good.  He was okay, but he could barely get the most simplistic tricks down without Vapor's help.

In fact, when Vapor just snapped and let out the truth, it nearly broke them apart.  However, after Twilight and Rainbow get them back together, the two made vast improvement and got into the Wonderbolt Academy.  Way to go, Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger!  I only expect greatness from here on out from those two.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash get back home, and what do you know?  There's an emergency back at the Academy.  Just Rainbow's luck!

Next time is the finale.  Starlight is up against an old foe of the Mane Six.  Don't miss the two-part end of the season.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile