The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Me: *groans*

Pinkie Pie: You okay?  You look a little upset.

Me: I'm not looking forward to the upcoming review on Sunday.

Pinkie Pie: Or in other words, tomorrow, since you're getting this up past midnight in your time zone.  You really spaced on this, didn't you?

Me: Yeah, I did.  Anyways, summary below.

---------
Title: Parental Glideance

Summary: When Rainbow Dash's parents discover she's a Wonderbolt, they show up at every event to cheer her on. However, their unabashed enthusiasm proves to be rather embarrassing and pushes Rainbow Dash to the brink.

----------
Pinkie Pie: Ooohh!  Dashie's parents?  Can't wait to see what their like, huh?

Me: I've already seen the episode and I will say that I hate them with a fiery passion that cannot be quenched.  Pinkie, I'm going to have to break the rules this time.  Please, do not bring Rainbow's parents.  I just can't stand them.  I would rather that you bring Rainbow herself for this one.

Pinkie Pie: But isn't that being ---

Me: Yes, I know it's being selfish, but I just can't stand them.  So please, just do me this favor, okay?

Pinkie Pie: Okay, I'll make sure of that.

Me: Good!  Well, see ya all tomorrow!

Pinkie Pie: Goodnight, everypony! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Pinkie Pie: So, you sure about this?  Not allowing Dashie's parents, I mean?

Me: Yes, I'm sure.

Pinkie Pie: Okay, but I think she'll be pretty upset.

Me: Let her be.  Anyways, let's get that live stream link up.

Season 7 Episode 7 - Parental Glideance Live Stream

Pinkie Pie: A nice six of them.  This should be good.

Me: I'll be watching the Canadian Release.

Pinkie Pie: See ya soon, everypony!

Me: See ya later, everyone. :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This episode was already leaked weeks ago no need to reupload it again dude god did we forget that quickly

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Sorry, not listening to you!

~ONLINE POST~

Pinkie Pie: Dashie's not going to be happy about this.

Me: Don't worry about me or her.  I've got my armor just in case.

Pinkie Pie: Should I at least have her bring Scootaloo?

Me: Yes, she was main star and her I can handle.

Pinkie Pie: Okay!

Me: Anyways, here's the link for the episode.

Season 7 Episode 7 - Parental Glideance Dailymotion Version

Pinkie Pie: Alright, I'm going to get Dashie now. *leaves*

Me: I'll see ya all later for the early release post and tomorrow's review.  Hopefully I'll be alive after all that.  See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EARLY RELEASE POST~

Oh boy!  This is a fun one.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Season 7 Episode 10 - A Royal Problem Early Release Version

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to put something on the caption section.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I already saw weeks ago it was pointless to reupload it when it was leaked and to be fair it was a alright episode. The way RainbowDash's parents supported her no matter what got kinda annoying fast. So I get why RainbowDash got upset at them. And of course scootaloo being a fan of her only added to the annoyance factor. So overall it was nice to see RainbowDashs parents even tho they where to over excited About everything she did.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since the episodes released today in the US and Canada are both episodes I had been looking forward to, I consider today a rather big day for pony. :)

(spoilers)
After many years of fan speculation, we finally get to see Rainbow Dash's parents. (And since there appears to be no sign of anyone else ever living with them, I guess that confirms my head-canon that Rainbow Dash was an only child with no siblings.)

Scootaloo is doing a school report on the pony that inspires them the most, and she naturally chooses Rainbow Dash. With her research in Ponyville done, she has to go to Cloudsdale to learn more about Rainbow's early life, and just happens to encounter Rainbow's parents.

Rainbow's parents turn out to be just as enthusiastic for their daughter as Scootaloo is, so they quickly bond while sharing information about her. Scootaloo learns about all kinds of little details while touring the house, including a trophy room for even the most mundane of accomplishments. And the parents learn that Rainbow Dash has become a Wonderbolt, much to their pleasant surprise.

Scootaloo brings Rainbow's parents to see her in action, and with how constantly enthusiastically they cheer her on at every event, even the more minor ones, it becomes increasingly obvious how reluctant Rainbow Dash had been to tell them about her recent accomplishments. (Thankfully, the other Wonderbolts are understanding and don't say or do anything that would worsen the embarrassment.) Eventually, things reach a breaking point and Rainbow snaps at her parents, not only hurting their feelings, but also Scootaloo's as well.

Thankfully, Rainbow catches up to Scootaloo and shares with her the full reason why she feels so embarrassed by her parents, to which Scootaloo reveals she never had that kind of support in her life, making Rainbow realize she had taken her parents' support for granted. She makes it up to them by given them a private Wonderbolts show. After all of that, Rainbow and her parents even decide to give Scootaloo the same level of overenthusiastic support as Rainbow herself once had.

(end spoilers)

By the way, even though I do watch the early release episodes from Canada, I also watch the US releases because not only are they in a slightly better quality, but also you can never be sure if certain content has been altered or removed (that doesn't seem to be the case so far, but I'll still keep an eye out). Not to mention, I refuse to watch the Poland early releases of Equestria Girls because I'd rather watch them in English (still don't know when that'll be, but definitely no later than early August for the DVD release).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah same here I don't speak polish so I'm also waiting for the English version of those episodes. Hopefully soon we will see those someday.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

Me: *in a suit of armor* Well, hopefully this will protect me. *Gets hit by fast moving, rainbow colored projectile* *helmet comes off*

Rainbow Dash: *up close to me with Scootaloo on her back* :angry: What's the big idea not allowing my parents in?

Scootaloo: Yeah!  They're right outside and the guards aren't letting them in!

Me: Get off me and I'll explain myself with the review.

Rainbow Dash: It better be good. *gets off* *Scootaloo jumps off Rainbow*

Me: *gets up* Alright, let's begin this.

*SPOILERS*

Me: I'm going to be 100% honest with you, Rainbow.  I hate your parents with a passion.

Rainbow Dash: *confused* What?

Scootaloo: But, you allowed Maud and Trixie, who you also hate.

Me: This is a special level of hatred.  Scootaloo, you worship the ground Rainbow Dash walks on.  Rainbow, your parents are worse than Scootaloo in being a fan of you.

Rainbow Dash: What do you mean?

Me: They support you for everything.  From the moment you were born, they were supportive of everything you did.  I had to watch this in chunks because I couldn't stand them.  It was annoying having them around.

Rainbow Dash: So, you find them annoying because of how much they support me?

Scootaloo: But, I support Rainbow Dash in what she does and you allowed me in.

Me: The defining factor for me was when you called them out on all their worshiping of you, Rainbow.  They supported you for being so harsh.  You, Scootaloo, you had the guts to call her out for it.  That's the fan I respect.  One who's willing to criticize what they love as well as support it at the appropriate times.

Scootaloo: You respect me?

Me: I do!  It took a lot for you to do that and I'm glad you did.  Then you had to explain yourself, Rainbow.  You weren't always the best, were you?

Rainbow Dash: I wasn't, but I got better at the competitions because I thought that would stop all their worshiping.  It only got worse.

Me: Then Scootaloo had you see it from a different point of view.  She never got that kind of support when she was younger.  You actually took their support for granted, Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash: I did!  I felt so bad for what I had done that I wanted to make it up to them.

Me: And you did that with a private airshow that embarrassed them.

Rainbow Dash: *chuckles* Wanted to give them a bit of karma for all they put me through.  Still love them, though.

Me: Also, good job on your report, Scootaloo!  You earned that "B".

Scootaloo: I was really hoping to get an "A".  Maybe if I didn't leave in that sandwich.

Me: And then Rainbow and her parents showed up to give you that support you wanted so much.

Scootaloo: *embarrassed* It was a bit much.  I had to talk to Rainbow Dash afterward about having her and her parents tone it down.

Rainbow Dash: I can try, but I don't think it'll be easy to have them change their ways.

Me: So, do you understand now, Rainbow?  Why I couldn't invite them?

Rainbow Dash: I guess so.  Still don't like it!

Me: Never my intention for you to like it, Rainbow.  Just for you to understand.

Rainbow Dash: Well, I'll make sure to explain everything to my parents.

Me: I'm sure they won't take it too hard.

Rainbow Dash: My mom should take it okay.  My dad might need a bit of comforting. *chuckles* He's quite the softy that my mom fell for.

Me: *to audience* Well, I think that's everything.  See ya all next week when I bring Big Mac.

Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo and Me: Bye everyone!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
God your like two weeks pass but I'll try and watch the new episode today

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EARLY RELEASE POST~

Here's the release of the episode that aired in Canada.

Season 7 Episode 11 - Not Asking For Trouble Early Release Version

In my opinion, it was a fun episode.

Enjoy! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love how they're rushing this season it's a wonderful thing they're doing

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, looks like the early airings of the episodes is going to stop this weekend.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/05/rumo...p-season-7.html

It's been fun, but looks like it's time for things to get back to normal.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's okay I'm all caught up it was nice to see them early.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had once mentioned some time ago that since these episodes are completed only 7 or 8 weeks ahead of the US schedule, it was possible that the rapid release Canadian schedule would eventually become impossible. Looks like that reality has finally hit, so no new episodes from there for a while.

I was going to make a calculation about at what point the Canadian releases would catch up to the US releases, but then came recent news just today that the US releases will also be going into a hiatus after episode 11.

Also just announced today, we finally know when we'll get to see (the English version of) the three Equestria Girls specials. They'll show at the same time slot as the My Little Pony episodes after episode 11 premiers, so that means the first special will be on June 24, the second on July 1, and the third on July 8.

With all the things I've got going on, I'm glad to be getting a little bit of a breather from the insanely rapid release schedule. Plus, I'm very happy that we finally have a definitive set of dates for the Equestria Girls specials, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them a month from now.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I read that also I read they're also gonna start the season over that's what I read on equestria daily not sure if that's true or a rumor. But hopefully the Equestria Girls specials aren't terrible and they're actually decent. Who knows if these are popular enough we could get a full Equestria Girls season but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Pinkie Pie: So, Big Mac this time, right?

Me: Yep!  He is the star of the episode.

Pinkie Pie: Okie-dokey!  That shouldn't be a problem.

Me: You sound unsure.

Pinkie Pie: Well, if the summary is anything to go by.

------------
Title: Hard to Say Anything

Summary: When the Cutie Mark Crusaders discover that Big Mac has his first crush, they vow to help him win Sugar Belle’s heart before Feather Bangs does it first.
-------------

Me: I see what you mean.  Alright, have him bring along Sugar Belle.  That should make it easier.

Pinkie Pie: Okie-dokey-lokie!  This should be good!

Me: I'm sure it will be.  Anyways, see ya tomorrow for the episode in the US.

Pinkie Pie: Goodnight, everypony!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All ready saw the episode already it was a early release also. It was alright not the best I didn't mind it

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Pinkie Pie: So, time for the new episode, huh?

Me: Yep, and with Big Mac.  This should be fun.

Pinkie Pie: So many head-canons are going to be killed.  You think it'll be safe?

Me: Most of the world has seen it by now.  The only ones who haven't are those who just can't stand watching it early or have other things going on.  It should be fine.

Pinkie Pie: Alrighty!  I'll still keep the guards ready.

Me: Anyways, here's the link for the Live Streams.

Season 7 Episode 8 - Hard to Say Anything Live Stream

Pinkie Pie: Huh!  Seven of them!  Not a new record, but more than I was expecting.

Me: Pinkie, there will be something I will want to ask, but only AFTER the episode airs.

Pinkie Pie: Okie-Dokie!

Me:Well, see ya all later today for the episode post.

Pinkie Pie: Bye, everypony! :wave