The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Good morning, everyone!  Today, the Royal Sisters have a problem, and only Starlight Glimmer can solve it!  Get the link to the Live Streams below!

Season 7 Episode 10 - A Royal Problem

As always, I'll give the online post later today and my review tomorrow.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a good online version right now and I have to head to work.

Sorry, everyone! -_-

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Of all the episodes in the first half of this season, the two I had been most looking forward to were the one where we met Rainbow Dash's parents and this one, which focuses on Celestia and Luna, with Starlight Glimmer too.

(spoilers)
The episode starts right away with two big firsts for the Cutie Map: Starlight Glimmer becomes the first non-Main 6 pony called by the map, and also the first one to be called on a completely solo mission.

Starlight goes to Canterlot and quickly realizes the friendship problem is between none other than Celestia and Luna. Knowing that she has to carefully consider her actions with the royal sisters themselves, she starts by simply observing a typical day in their lives, and realizes the problem is that they are both unintentionally hurting each other's feelings because they don't really understand how much hard work the other has to go through. Starlight's first decision is to simply mention the problem to both of them and let them talk it out. However, they quickly descend into arguing, and in a desperate attempt to get them to stop fighting, Starlight ends up casting a spell that swaps their cutie marks. The spell lasts only 24 hours, but cannot be reversed, not even by Starlight, so now Celestia and Luna are forced to spend the day doing each other's jobs.

Luna tries to go through the day in Celestia's place, and after a lot of forced smiling, an ill-timed photo with some foals, a poor choice of words with some visitors, and a three-hour debate between two city mayors, she is understandably exhausted at the end of the day. When it's Celestia's turn to go through a night in Luna's place, she not only has to deal with the complete loneliness, but also has to help Starlight through a nightmare in which Luna and Celestia's bickering has turned them into their evil forms, Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker respectively. Celestia pulls Luna out of her own nightmare, and although only Luna's magic (now possessed by Celestia) will work in the dream realm, they both talk it out and reconcile with a better appreciation for what they both do, allowing Celestia to have the strength beat back the evil royal sisters in Starlight's nightmare. As the sun rises the next day, the 24-hour limit arrives and their cutie marks automatically switch back to where they belong, and Starlight receives the signal that her friendship mission has been successfully completed.

Like I said, this was one of the two episodes of the first half of Season 7 I had been really looking forward to, and it did not disappoint. Not only did we finally get that Celestia episode we had always wanted, but we also got a surprise glimpse at (supposedly and potentially) Celestia's evil form, Daybreaker. In fact, out of all the spoilers resulting from the early Canadian releases, Daybreaker was by far the most difficult one to avoid because she was just that immensely popular. Now that this episode has finally aired in the US, I expect the floodgates of fanwork to really open.

(end spoilers)

One more episode left to go, then it'll be on to the three Equestria Girls specials.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can agree with your review it was a good episode. I loved how celestia showed her dark side it was awesome to see that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Before I begin my review, it seems that the English Versions of the Equestria Girls Specials were released, thanks to a Polish cable provider that has that option.  Enjoy the videos.

Equestria Girls Specials Early Releases

Now, on to my review. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

I, too, was looking forward to this one, and it did not disappoint.  Spoilers below!

Since it happened, people have been trying to figure out a few things about The Cutie Map.  For the first time ever, the map called Starlight Glimmer.  It makes many wonder, can the map call ponies outside of the Mane Six?  Or is Starlight Glimmer now truly a part of the team, thus making it Mane Seven?  Plus, will this mean solo missions for the others in the future?  Too many questions, we waste little time and get to the plot.

From the outset, even the viewer can tell that there is a problem, and it has to do with The Royal Sisters themselves.  There is obvious tension going on between them and even Starlight Glimmer notices.  Oh, and good going with the eavesdropping spell there, Twilight.  You were entertaining, but it was obvious that you weren't helping.  All the more reason for what happens to her later.

Back to the plot, Starlight decides to observe their day to day life.  She soon realizes that the two are unintentionally hurting one another.  At first, she tries to have them talk it out, but that quickly goes nowhere as they start arguing.  As such, this forces Starlight to take desperate measures and she switches the cutie marks of the two.  This forces them to live one another's life for one day.  They choose to take up this challenge.  Oh, and Twilight's eavesdropping ballerina gets shoved into a drawer until the end of the episode.

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes and you'll understand what they're going through.  It took that saying quite literally and shined for it.  Luna had to deal with smiling all day, an ill-timed photo shoot, (Which resulted in the foals not getting their field trip.) a poor choice of words that resulted in complete panic with some visitors and a three hour debate between two mayors. (Which would seem a lot shorter to the viewer if you didn't pay attention.) She was understandably exhausted by the end.

As for Celestia, she had to deal with a nightmare that Starlight Glimmer was having.  It was Starlight Glimmer in the middle of a battle between the Nightmare Forms of the Royal Sisters, Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker.  Note that Daybreaker is not considered canon because this was a dream made by Starlight Glimmer.  Anyways, after saving Luna from her own nightmare, which involved the foals from earlier being very creepy and Luna loosing all her teeth, Celestia gets the encouragement from her sibling to face her Nightmare Self.

The two Royal Sisters make up and, with the sun rising, their cutie marks switch back.  This, in-turn, triggers the signal that Starlight Glimmer's mission is complete.  Oh, and suddenly Twilight appears to get all the juicy details from an annoyed Starlight Glimmer, whom is promptly dragged away.  We end the episode with Luna pointing out to Celestia the things that need to be fixed and her flying away from the balcony.

A great episode and I would definitely see this one again.

Well, I need to get ready for e3.

See ya later! :wave

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Nightmare Moon, Midnight Sparkle, Daybreaker... am I the only one who wants to see an evil Princess Cadence? :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Evil celestia was awesome and amazing. They need to make evil mane six characters next. I'd love to see that be made and done

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Not the biggest Pony guy around...I'm gonna leave it to the targeted audience.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd love to see what princes candance would look like that would be cool to see

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am trying so hard not to get pulled into the series by this pony magic...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I need to watch the equestria girls series I just been busy

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Equestria girls is something I am most certainly not watching. Giving clopfic writers a human form of the ponies, nuh uh.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love that stuff I've seen all the equestria girls movies. They're not bad at all the songs are good to be honest with you.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
You know, I actually don't mind the Equestria Girls specials, though they do tend to be the generic highschool plotlines, which I really don't like as it creates the misconception that highschool drama is actually important in the minds of impressionable viewers :lol
Kidding! They're fun and goofy. But also very confusing- why does everyone in the human world have weird colored skin and pony names? Do they still have cutie marks? (My theory is that they do- on their butts, obviously.) Why can only the main characters transform into weird pony anthros when all of the characters technically have pony counterparts in Equestria? So, it is a very weird show that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's still fun to watch and I like the fact that it's connected to the main show through some alternate dimension weirdness :smile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm kinda look forward to seeing the new equestria girls movies that are coming out soon. And don't forget about the actual full length movie that comes out this year.