The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I found it hilarious :lol
I consider the short time rescheduling of the release date to the weekend of Europe's largest convention for Bronies another fine example of how those in charge of the show take their unexpected fandom into account by now; especially given the theme of the episode :)
The GalaCon was awesome! I may link a video of the "Pony Fight Panel" in which I made an honorable second place once that video is up.
It was a great pleasure to meet Rocking Scorpion there!
At one point I could do some my little karaoke singing with Anneli Heed who voices (among other) Spitfire in the Swedish version of the MLP and who has been an awesome endorser of the Brony fandom from early on.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The new episode was pretty good.  I liked the episode itself, but Quibble Pants was annoying.  He was just your average annoying fanpony with absolutely zero depth.  Here's to hoping we never see him again, and that the fans don't obsess over his character like they did over Derpy.  I hated Fluttershy's brother more, but not much more.  It's sad that they keep introducing these annoying characters.  Before this season, the only character that was even mildly annoying was Cheese Sandwich (and maybe Discord, but only at a few moments).  But they weren't annoying ALL THE TIME, unlike these new characters (Quibble Pants, and Zephyr).

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Stranger Than Fanfiction the episode says? Well fanfiction's already plenty strange so how much stranger could we possibly get?

This was a pretty hilarious episode. I can't believe they actually showed body pillows of all things. Quibble was pretty annoying at times though and just looked like a rule 63 Daring Do (who looks like a Rainbow Dash recolor. What a paradox).

I did find it especially strange that Quibble was complaining about how unrealistic the Daring Do books were when they live in a world with dragons, a bug queen who feasts on love to survive, a dragon/pony/deer hybrid who loves pranks, two princesses who raise the sun and the moon, and where the ponies manually change the seasons. Compared to their world, I'd assume Daring Do's pretty realistic. Besides, the three main pony races are capable of pretty much anything so how are Daring's adventures supposedly that far outside the realm of plausibility?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well they did finally at the end came to a agreement witch was good. And yeah quibble was annoying and stubborn as well. But a lot better than zephyr. I did like the creature a lot in the episode. It was quite cool and good. I think daring do need more episodes since I like her episodes a lot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They did make her books a reality witch was good. And if it could work I'd be happy with a Daring Do spin off.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Hello, Internet!! ^^spike

Today's episode features the Cutie Mark Crusaders!  Let's see what these fillies are up to!

Summary: The Cutie Mark Crusaders enter a go-kart race.  Everything for building a go-kart to enter goes smoothly.  That is until Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash enter the race.

This should get interesting.  Get the link for the Live Streams below!

Season 6 Episode 14 - The Cart Before the Ponies Live Stream

See ya after the episode for the online links and tomorrow for my review!

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's hope the writes actually made this episode good and not sucky.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay cool I'll watch it when I get home. And I kinda get the message in today's episode.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
This episode certainly had an interesting set of circumstances. When the three different ribbons to win were mentioned (fastest, most traditional, and most creative), it was immediately obvious which of the CMCs were expected to get each of them (Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle respectively), and even the three fillies themselves acknowledged that assumption to each other. Yet, all three of them instead wanted to go for a different prize (Apple Bloom wanted to be fastest, Scootaloo wanted to get creative, and Sweetie Belle wanted to go traditional). This setup actually reminds me of the episode "The Show Stoppers" way back in Season 1.

But when Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity are invited by their respective younger sisters to provide the necessary help for building the carts, they immediately get carried away and pretty much end up completely stealing the show, going all out to win the naturally assumed ribbons, despite the fact that the three fillies all want different prizes. They even end up driving the carts, despite the rules stating that the younger ponies are supposed to drive.

In the end, all three carts end up crashing, taking out literally every other cart with them. So naturally, everyone gets angry at Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity, and the three apologize for getting carried away. They then suggest redoing the race, and agree to Cheerilee's new rule that the adult ponies helping with building the carts are not allowed to ride the carts at all (and we can see that ends up applying to every competitor, probably for the sake of fairness). In the end, the CMCs finally get real help from their sisters in building carts ideal for the prizes they want (though it should be noted that we don't find whether or not they actually win).

One interesting detail I saw is who were among the other competitors. There was Diamond Tiara with her butler, Snips with who I assume might be his dad, Dinky with Derpy, and of course a bunch of other background characters that I can't name.

There was also that song during the first run of the derby, and I can't help but get the feeling that it's referencing some classic cartoon about racing that I can't seem to remember what it was called.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just saw the episode and it wasn't the best so far. The lesson was dull and the whole plot was just boring. Even the song was eh today. I didn't care for this weeks episode at all this week.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

I wouldn't say the latest episode was bad, but it's not good either.  I'd say decent to okay for this one.

Ponyville has the Applewood Derby and the kids get to participate with adults.  One thing I find more telling in this episode is just me questioning how old the kids are considering they're learning advanced physics. (The pi symbol was kind of a dead give away.) Anyways, with the prizes it was obvious which one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders were meant to win what, but even they acknowledge this and decide to each go for something different.  Definitely something that kept the episode interesting.

AJ, Rarity and Rainbow Dash taking over everything definitely feels like it's a personal thing, and each for their own reasons.  Rainbow Dash obviously wants to win the race.  Rarity wants to claim revenge for losing. (Derpy actually beat her.) Applejack wants to ensure tradition is followed.  This is so personal that they don't even listen to what their teammates suggest.  They even end up with what was expected because of this.  Heck, the takeover is so personal that they are the drivers instead of the kids.

The race then forces all of them to crash and all karts are destroyed.  As far as big wrecks go, the aftermath looked more then appropriate.  The Cutie Mark Crusaders then reveal just how big of jerks their teammates were and AJ, Rarity and Rainbow all apologize for it and the rules are changed.  Now the chosen adult has to help build it and only the child can race.  The CMCs now get the carts they want and things go smoother for the rematch race.  Sadly we don't get to see who wins what in the end.

As for the song, it was enjoyable and it helped the scene move along, though it felt mostly unnecessary.  Still, it wasn't that bad.

Next week, we have pranks going too far and Zombie Ponies.  Geez!  Why do I feel the next one is two months early?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I also thought it was not good. It was unwatchable but I managed to get through it. Not worth your time.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I actually thought this one was pretty good.  Not up to the same quality standards as the first season, but it felt like a second season episode.  We get some continuity with the first season because in the episode "Show Stoppers," we see that the three fillies try the roles that their big sisters would typically play (and it does NOT go well).  It seems that they've learned that they aren't mirror images of their sisters and try their own thing.  I generally dislike episodes that don't center around the mane6, but this one was pretty good.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST!~

Hello, Internet!  It's time for another day of pony!  Today, a certain blue, rainbow-maned pegasus is the main focus.

Summary: When Rainbow Dash's pranks get out of hand, the ponies decide to give her a taste of her own medicine  zom-pony style!

Get the link for the Live Streams below.

Season 6 Episode 15 - 28 Pranks Later Live Stream

I'll see ya all after the episode for the online links and tomorrow for my review.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So today's moral is basically pay back is a you know what. That's a awesome moral for the episode.