The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2013 Awards- Tiebreakers

Nick22 · 27 · 4210

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We Have currently have ties in Both The Helpful member awards and the runnerup for Friendly member
The candidates:
FRIENDLY MEMBER- Runner-UP
Nick22
MurMur

HELPFUL MEMBER- First Place
Kor
Mumbling

voters have until midnight TUESDAY AUGUST 27th to cast their votes. candidates in tiebreakers cannot vote. if there are still ties after this round of voting, then the admin will vote to break the tie. :DD
 Due to an ineligible winner in the rp award. everyone else moves up a peg. we therefore need another tiebreaker in the Runnerup Award
ROLEPLAY GAMER- Runnerup
 StarfallRaptor
 LoyceCycleProtector
Ducky123
Voters have until midnight WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4th to cast thier votes.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Aaaaaaand the awards that the people of the GOF could not decide who to give to are… :P: the awards for the friendliest and most helpful members. I love this forum. :DD :wub

Friendly Member Award: I vote for MurMur. This member has been nothing but polite and respectful in all of the conversations I have seen him engage in (including the few brief ones I have had with him), and his eagerness to do kind things for other members, such as creating custom animated avatars for them, is truly admirable.

Helpful Member Award: I vote for Mumbling, for the same reasons I expressed when I previously cast my vote for her for this category.

Congratulations to all members who participated in the awards or were nominated for them! :smile

EDIT: Hold on…don't we need a tiebreaker for the runner-up of the Proactive Award, too? The Voting Tally seems to show that four eligible members (somerandomfangirl, Mumbling, Nahla, and Ducky123) each received one vote in that category, and MurMur is the only eligible member in that category who received more votes than them. Is this an oversight, or do nominees need more than one vote apiece to be eligible for a runner-up award? :confused

EDIT #2: Never mind. :oops

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote Mumbling for Helpful Member. I get along with her like no one else over IM from GOF, and shes usually first to clear up whats going on. We agree on most everything and even when we don't she's always open to discuss. She's very sociable and willing to talk about almost anything. I'm glad to see her getting some recognition here.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Aug 25 2013 on  10:29 AM
EDIT: Hold on…don't we need a tiebreaker for the runner-up of the Proactive Award, too? The Voting Tally seems to show that four eligible members (somerandomfangirl, Mumbling, Nahla, and Ducky123) each received one vote in that category, and MurMur is the only eligible member in that category who received more votes than them. Is this an oversight, or do nominees need more than one vote apiece to be eligible for a runner-up award? :confused
Good catch, but no. People who deserve a runner-up need at least 1/3rd of the votes that the winner got. As you can see, Murmur got a really high amount of votes, so the others voted for are not eligible to be runner-ups :)

Friendly Member: I'd have to say Murmur. Always around to cheer people up :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
MurMur won proactive already, can she win Helpful too?

Regardless I vote nick22. He's always got a kind word to say to anyone, and he's continued to do so, especially in the RP section.

And I'll go with Kor for helpful, because I remember the hours and hours of work he put into the Land Before Time Wiki making dozens of pictures and pages.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 25 2013 on  04:09 AM
Quote from: Pangaea,Aug 25 2013 on  10:29 AM
Good catch, but no. People who deserve a runner-up need at least 1/3rd of the votes that the winner got. As you can see, Murmur got a really high amount of votes, so the others voted for are not eligible to be runner-ups :)

Friendly Member: I'd have to say Murmur. Always around to cheer people up :)
Riiiiiiight…I forgot about that requirement. :oops Now how did I miss that while rereading the award rules? :huh: Yikes, I really have lost it…

Sorry for the brain fart. Carry on, everyone. I'll shut up after this post. :angel

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Friendly Member: MurMur: His overall friendliness, his willingness to help others altruistically and his welcoming attitude towards new members is matchless :yes
Helpful Member: Mumbling: One simply can't find a person more helpful than Mumbling aka Iris. It's not only that she helps as an admin in many cases but also does she give members advice on programs, real life probs or projects :)

Yes, people can win multiple awards.
What's the highest amount of awards one member won in a year btw? 3?
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 25 2013 on  01:54 PM
Yes, people can win multiple awards.
What's the highest amount of awards one member won in a year btw? 3?
There are several people with two (such as Pangaea (3 times!) and nick22 show in this topic).

Malte won 3 awards in 2006. I think that is indeed the most one person has ever won at one time.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Malte won 3 awards in 2006. I think that is indeed the most one person has ever won at one time.
Not to create a false impression here, there were much fewer people and candidates around at the time (13 voters total). Luckily the GOF has grown larger than that by now :)

My tiebreaking vote on the Helpful Member Award must go to Iris, Mumbling. Her help in the administration of the GOF during months when I was too hooked up by work to give as much input as I would have liked to was invaluable. I also often times hear about her offering help to members about any questions as well as in other matters of life.

With the friendly member Award I got to admit I do not know you MurMur on a personal level as well as Nick and while the reasons were understandable enough the reaction about the appearance of non-whole numbers in the countdown game was perhaps a tiny bit harsh. I have always known Nick as a person always ready to help and in ten years now I cannot remember ever getting into a quarrel with him in spite of the two of us not always disagreeing on matters. My tiebreaking vote for the Friendly member Award therefore goes to Nick22.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Friendly Member: Nick22
My initial vote may have been for a different member, but my reasons for this one are pretty much the same. Whenever some arguments start to heat up, he is the one you'll most likely see try to break it up before things get too far. It's those kinds of calm responses that make GoF such a nice and friendly place.

Helpful Member: Mumbling
From what I've seen, she is usually the one to help new members whenever they may have a question. First impressions are always important, and I'm glad we have someone like her around to give our new members a nice welcome.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Ooooo! Drama of the tiebreakers! Well he's my two pence worth:

Friendly Member - Nick22
Just can't say a bad word about the guy! (nor MurMur for that matter :) ) because he's always front and centre when something's up. Nick is the kinda guy you can rely on when you are in need of a hand and he'll see it through whether he is acting as an Admin or just one of the crowd. That and he's just an all round nice guy and we definitely need more nice guys in the world! :D

Helpful Member - Mumbling
For me, it's just gotta be Mumbling. Always there (no LBT pun intended :p) regardless if you're stuck on something or not. Proactive, funny and always willing to help and have fun doing it. No task too great or too small and always to the letter. Thanks for all your help Mumbling! :D

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Friendly member: I will have to say Nick for the same reasons. Always there to lend words of support.

Helpful member: Mumbling. Her work as an admin is invaluable to keeping the GOF running smoothly. In addition, she is always willing to help members with any sort of problem.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Friendly Member: Gonna stick by my guns and still go with MurMur on this one, but it was a very close consideration. I just had to look at overall friendly situations I'd found myself in, and just narrow it down based on a tally. Nick22 is a wonderfully friendly member, and I enjoy our talks very much, but I have to go with MurMur on this one for overall this year.

I'm gonna abstain from assisting in tie breaking for Helpful Member because it's just too close for me. Both of these members have helped me out close to an equal number of times, and I feel I don't want to leave it up to any favoritism vote, so I'm not going to be voting in this one. :) Keep up the good work both of you!

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Now to put in my votes...

Friendly Member: MurMur: Despite some earlier controversies, this member seems more friendlier than he thinks he is. While I believe Nick is a great member here as well, MurMur gets my vote.

Helpful Member: Mumbling: For pretty obvious reasons. She has done a lot of work in many ways possible, and is even helping with the still-developing "Members voicing the characters" project, among other things. For that, I will give my vote to her. Thanks, Iris.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Aug 26 2013 on  01:31 PM
Helpful Member: Mumbling: For pretty obvious reasons.
As obvious as they may seem, a few words as to why you are voting for Mumbling would be appreciated please. Even if it has already been said, it means more coming from the individual rather than pointing at the nearest person and saying "Yeah, what he said..." :p  :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And it looks like we are done here! Thanks to all those who helped in this tiebreaker and yet STILL we have a tie! Nick22 and MurMur 5 votes each! Looks like this one is going to the admins. The scoreboard will be updated. Thanks again everyone and congrats to our winners. We will be in touch regarding our decision on the Tiebreaker of the Tiebreaker. Watch this space! ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OK guys! Here it is! The Tiebreaker's....Tiebreaker (?)  :unsure:  :lol
As grand as it is having two wonderful members being up for the award, as rules state we can only have one winner (of the runner up that is :DD) and the admins have the cruel task of making a rather nasty binary choice.

The remaining admins, that being myself, Malte279 and Mumbling, have decided that we will all be sticking to our original votes for this Tiebreaker scenario. So in light of that fact, the final scores are as follows:

Nick22 - 2 (Littlefoot1616, Malte279)
MurMur - 1 (Mumbling)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok folks, one last tiebreaker to determine the roleplay runnerup.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would like to remove myself from this tiebreaker, in light of the other two's far greater accomplishments in the field of RP than mine.
Thank you for the honor, but I cannot accept.