The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2010 Awards - Tiebreakers

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

Thanks to all those who have participated in the 2010 Awards so far...but we have a slight problem. If you checked out the final results in the Voter's Tally page, you'll notice we have a tie in 1 of the categories!  :o  :! Here are the current standings:

Friendly Member Award: Cancerian Tiger & Kor (4 votes each)

We need a clear cut winner. This page is open for eligible members (that's people listed in the voter's register) to submit a vote for either of these 2 candidates in order to determine a winner of the category. We don't want to spend too much time on this so this page will only be open for 2 days! Therefore, this page will be closed on Sunday 20th June 2010 @ 12 Midnight (forum standard time). Don't forget to include a few lines as to why the person you nominate deserves the award otherwise your vote will be registered as INVALID and won't count towards the nominee's score. This does NOT count towards your current voting status as these have now been locked. Good luck guys! Let the tiebreaker commence! ;)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dang...this is a hard one. Both of them are very friendly and deserve the award.

But if we can't get a dual award, I have to give my vote to Kor, because he's not only a common name in the Welcome Section and in little-noticed threads by new users, but he has actively participated in other users' projects outside of the GOF; for example, he was the first user I promoted to admin on the Land Before Time Wiki (without me even knowing it was him!), and I've seen him on Serris' role playing forum.

He's also very encouraging and understanding; when Daddytops cussed him out for no reason in the "LBT 12 review" thread, he didn't respond angrily, he just stayed on topic. He had some problems with an admin named Wilhelmina Will on the LBT Wiki, but rather than just leave he spent months giving her opportunities to solve the problems he had with her behavior.

In short, he rarely shows anger (I don't believe he's ever used the :anger emoticon) and he's always willing to help out and discuss with users the various topics brought up throughout the forum.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have cast my vote for Anna, Cancerian Tiger before and I do so again. Kor is very friendly and well deserving of an award and both of the candidates will get one, this is only about who may pick a draft first and who is the runner up to have the second pick. However I see Anna more often in threads where her friendliness and patience is put on the test in discussions where many different views and opinions (agreeing with as well as deviating from her own) are laid out. I have always been impressed by her respectfulness, friendliness, and open-mindedness in a rare combination with the ability not to let these qualities (rather than arguments in favor of a different view) prevent her from taking a stand on issues discussed. For all this my vote was and is for her on this award.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, okay, this is indeed a really tough one as I know that both members have been nothing but friendly to all.  However, I believe I shall give my vote over to Cancerian Tiger]/b]. It was still a tough one, and if I could give my vote to them both....it would not help this out at all :lol:

But seriously, on why I believe that she deserves the award is from what I have seen as well as speaking to her here and there, and in those times, she has been nothing but friendly....I don't believe I've ever seen her get annoyed or angry at other members at all.

So Cancerian Tiger gets my tie-breaker vote this time.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I cast my vote on Cancerian Tiger in this case. She has always been present when members needed comfort or a push in the right direction, and I think that is all a friendly person needs :)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I will stick to my vote for Kor. :)
The same reason as I stated before:
He's always neutral and helps people as good as he can. He has his feelings under control and I have never seen him angry at somebody or something.
Except you want a new explanation (but I guess Cancerian Tiger will win this one anyway :unsure:).

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hoo boy . . . a tie for the Friendly Member Award . . . that’s about the trickiest tiebreaker possible. :unsure: (Of course, it might be the fact that it’s so tough to decide on whom to vote for in this category in the first place that’s the reason it’s the one that’s tied.)

I’m going to have to go with Cancerian Tiger. I fear that I’m just giving the same reasons as everyone else, :oops but she’s a very compassionate and respectful individual who always provides advice and comfort to those in need of it, states her views and opinions firmly without forcing them on everyone else, and just has this cheerful and welcoming air to her that really brightens the GOF.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I vote for Cancerian Tiger. She's very kind, fun, and has a sense of humor. I'm not saying Kor doesn't have this these, he's very nice too, of course, but I've just talked with CT more.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My vote is going to go for Cancerian Tiger as well.

Both members are very kind and considerate, but when it comes to tie-breakers every little bit counts.

I vote for CT because she agreed to review my story and continues to do so, as well as proving a friendly opinion on many important topics found in the After Midnight section that can be controversial and develop into conflict.

Kor is always neutral and always kind, but one time we had a bit of an odd exchange that looks like it will make the difference here.  Were it anyone else besides CT, he would have my vote anyway.  :smile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My vote is still for Kor for the same reasons I stated earlier.
Honestly, does this guy not even know what it's like to feel angry? Kor is always a nice guy, always posting in topics of importance, letting other members know that we always appreciate having them here. In one incident where another member cursed at him, I honestly couldn't see a reason why anyone would do that to him. As far as I can tell, the only posts he's ever made that even include an exclamation point would be in RP, while playing as different characters.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ouch. This is going to be a tough call...

I will keep my vote with Cancerian Tiger.

No matter how charged the topic is, she always keeps her cool and never attacks anyone. In addition, she has provided several of the members a sympathetic "eye".

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ohhh...both these guys are GREAT.
But I'll put my vote in for Cancerian Tiger for being very expressive in her thoughts and being one of those who tries to keep the peace among us when a debate becomes heated.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
(Sorry Jason, I tried! :p )

Of the two above members, I believe Kor deserves the award.  I feel that he keeps a neutral stance in even the most heated debates, and always tries to find ways to help others on the board.  I've never seen him cross at anyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the Role Play Gamer award also finished in a tie Both Serris and Great Valley Guardian got 3 votes.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 18 2010 on  10:53 PM
the Role Play Gamer award also finished in a tie Both Serris and Great Valley Guardian got 3 votes.
I think GVG didn't vote though, so he can't win an award.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I just checked, GVG did not participate in the voting.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In case there will be a tie breaker vote in the RP award I'll go ahead and vote anyway, so I don't forget to in case there is such a vote.  

For the RP award I vote for Serris since in the rp's we are in together I have had fun rping with him in the past as I do in the present and expect I will in the future.  In my experience he is a very good rper and fun to rp with.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
^Ditto, if it's necessary. Serris has created one of the most successful RP series in the Role-Play section, and he plays an active and present role in almost all of the other notable RPs. I voted for him back when Petrie was choosing the new RP admin, and I'm voting for him now.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is no need to vote in the RPG award guys. By rules and regulations, because TheGreatValleyGuardian did not participate in this year's awards, he is not eligible to receive one. Therefore, Serris will be obtaining the RPG award. No need for a tiebreaker there so don't worry about posting any votes regarding the RPG award! ;)

As for this tie breaker, flippin' nora! As if voting for this award wasn't difficult in the first place, I've gotta decide between 2 candidates who both thoroughly deserve it!

I am going to nominate Cancerian Tiger. The race is a close one coz both of you are kind, compassionate and helpful whenever the need arises. Cancerian Tiger has always brought calm and peace to any tidal waters that have risen in any discussion and her caring tone is definitely worth merit.

Kor, your neutral stance and commitment to the forum is easily one of your greatest traits here on the GOF. Although I've voted for Cancerian Tiger, I would like to express my personal thanks for your contributions here and keeping the vision of a welcoming friendly community forum in the forefront of the minds who come here. Members or otherwise ;)

(Don't worry Petrie! Thanks anyway buddy! ;) :DD )

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And so our voting on this category is closed. Thanks for your input guys and gals ;)