The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2010 Appreciated Member Award Candidates

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The following members of the GOF can be voted for in the upcoming (starting tomorrow) appreciated member award voting because they have not been elected for an award or a runner up award (for which the member with the second most votes needs at least a third of the number of votes of the winner) but have cast seven or six votes in the vote of the other awards. Those who have cast six votes are listed in yellow because they can receive the appreciated member award only if they vote on the appreciated member Award as one must have cast at least 7 votes total to receive an award.

Alex
brekclub85
Caustizer
LBTFan13
LettuceBacon&Tomato
Littlefoot1616
MrDrake
The Chronicler

Three members who have won awards in the first voting session must vote in the appreciated member award session in order to receive their awards:

Mumbling
Pangea
Ptyra

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Hm. Well, I don't know many of these members very well, but I would have to pickLettuceBacon&Tomato for putting his input in several of the places I visit on the forum.

It's not really the best reason, but it'll have to do

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hold your horses, the voting for this award won't start before tomorrow :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Everyone of the candidates for the appreciated member awards has been an active member contributing in many threads and other activities to making the GOF what it is. My vote however must go to Jason whom I have mentioned in previous award nominations but didn't vote for so far. Not only is he as good a friend as one could possibly hope ever to find but also he is active in the staff room where it is sometimes very difficult to get the input from everyone. Jason has been very helping with the conducting of this and last years' award voting. There might have been no vote this year but for his help. For all this my vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to Jason Littlefoot-1616.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
He's not only a helpful member to the GOF, but also who became a good friend of mine.  :yes
I love his take on writing a story about my Wingtail characters with his exquisite writing skills, something where I failed to do by canceling two comics in the past...
That's something I really, really appreciate so my vote goes to Caustizer for the Appreciated Member Award.  :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I’m going to have to give this vote to Caustizer. He has contributed two absolutely incredible LBT fanfictions to the GOF; been very receptive to, and appreciative of, the feedback left by his readers, to the extent of inviting some of them to assist with his storytelling; left some very useful and detailed feedback on other members’ work, such as Serris’s Twilight Valley; started the “LBT: Future Wars” project, which, while neither something I have been involved with nor the kind of thing that interests me, has evidently proven to be quite popular; given incentive to people such as myself and Sky to create great work of our own; and been a very friendly and helpful member in general.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's been a bit of a tough decision for me, but I've decided to vote for Caustizer. He's offered very constructive critique for fanfics, has made some interesting fanfics of his own. He's also brought up some interesting dicussions in the After Midnight section, and overall has a very good attitude.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was a hard choice but I decided to vote for LettuceBacon&Tomato who was the admin of the lbt wiki and ran that site for a time.  Also had some interesting conversations with him on here as well.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a really hard decision, for each and every one of these members are appeciated by me, and all of them have made significant contributions to the GOF.  Since I must vote for one, my vote goes out to Rob (LBTFan13).  He's a nice guy to talk with, his posts are good-natured, and he just brings a sense of friendliness to the GOF (not that the other nominees don't).  That bein' said, I cast my vote for LBTFan13.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My vote goes to MrDrake. When you're nominated for three other awards, you're appreciated.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
My nomination for the Appreciated Member Award goes to Caustizer. His work on Far Away Home deserves noticable mention for it's complexity, style and all round entertainment purposes. Excellent work matey. Aside from that, Caustizer always gets his two pence worth in any discussion and helps out where he can. Well done matey, my vote is for you! ;)

Note to all: The voter's tally page is now updated so that it includes the current score for the Appreciated Member award. Check it out!

Note to LettuceBacon&Tomato: Can we have a bit more description to your nominations please. The fact that someone lands a certain number of votes in the main categories doesn't really qualify as a valid reason for an award. What have they done on the GOF that deserves creditable mention and makes them an appreciated member of the forum?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First of all, wow, I wasn't expecting to be one of only eight eligible members for this award. I could vote for myself, but I won't.

My vote goes to Caustizer. He has written two of the best LBT fanfics that I've read. I especially appreciate the fact that he accepted my suggestion for him to create a map for his "LBT: Future Wars" project.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For his active support to the game and general activity on the forum, I would like to nominate LettuceBacon&Tomato.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Wow, good thing I'm back. :)

I really would like to cast Littlefoot1616. A huge reason is mostly because he has been a great help to the GOF and to this awards project. He has this ability to say very little yet mean a lot in a paragraph or two. I definitely want him to win this award personally. :)

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I vote for LettuceBacon&Tomato. He's supportive about everything, contributes to what seems to be the best of his ability, and has a cool avatar.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Littlefoot1616 has my vote as well for a friendly disposition on the boards and is supportive of all members here.  There's a reason why he's been on staff since the very beginning.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jun 20 2010 on  05:14 AM
Note to LettuceBacon&Tomato: Can we have a bit more description to your nominations please. The fact that someone lands a certain number of votes in the main categories doesn't really qualify as a valid reason for an award. What have they done on the GOF that deserves creditable mention and makes them an appreciated member of the forum?
Sorry, what I was trying to say is: the fact that they have nominations in several other awards shows that they are a versatile user who's work has been noticed in several different areas of the board and commended. This is why they're an appreciated member.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I apologise for my long delay in producing a nomination, but before presenting it I had to be sure of who I was voting for and why.

Let me start by saying that I do not know this member whom I am nominating.  We have never spoken, either in thread or in PM, and never once comminicated between one another on the forums.

And yet, he has demonstrated to me a level of selflessness and valour that I have not seen before on an internet forum.  At no benefit to himself, and at the risk of angering the site's admins LBTfan13 took up the cause I decided not to fight on his own and challenged the '1/3 of the vote' clause as unfair to the nominees and the members who voted for them.

I must admit, at first I thought this rule was an invention of the admins as my punishment for raising such a storm about the 'Fan Fiction Award' but upon further research I came to find that it existed prior to the voting, though it is only something that was brought in this year.

This rule may be justified on some level, but in reality it is designed only to take away as opposed to providing for members.  All it does is grant further glory to the winner, and in the case of the overwhelming glare of another member's brilliance extinguish and belittle the deeds of someone else.

How is it that one vote or two votes is not enough?  What if that member whom only got one vote did a life-changing thing for that single person who voted for him?

My vote today for appeciated member will count as one. Only one.  But, in that one is the force of my belief that sometimes a single person on the other side of the world of whom we don't know and never talk to can make all the difference for us.

For changing my life, I give my vote to LBTFan13.  

God Bless you. :angel

Caustizer.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cautizer, I am truly blessed that you hold me in such esteem. I know we do not comunicate as much, but I would certainly like to :)

This has been a very tough choice for me, but I have decided that I will not place a vote for this running. Every single member on the list is appreciated in their own way, because each member brings something truly valuable to GOF. To choose one person over anybody else just seems impossible to me, so I will not try to.

I will simply leave a remark that everybody on that list deserves the award, so I cannot choose one over the other.