The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF's GOTY 2012

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

With 2012 drawing to a close you know everyone's got their own scope on Game of the Year. So to keep up with the Jones', if you'd like to post your G(s)OTY for genre, platform (or whatever other sub category you can think of) feel free to list them here. Usual rulings are in place so no trolling, warring, fanboy bashing material need apply! Your voice, your choice! ;)

So, what are your Games of the Year 2012?! Discuss!  :D

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine really has to be Minecraft, since that's the game by FAR I've put the most time into this past year.

Other than that, I don't think I even bought much this year gaming wise anyway. Kind of a side effect of doing temp work most of the year, and not wanting to spend any money I had when I didn't even know if I would have a job next week or not.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some personal favorites of me this year:

LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Scribblenauts
The Walking Dead

I'll add stuff to the list once I come up with more :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine would have to be Assassin's Creed III.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what my GOTY would be as there haven't been any games lately that I've really been enjoying. I was into Far Cry 3 but the gameplay got old pretty fast, though I still love it for the graphics. Minecraft has easily become one of my favorite games of all time, but now I'm waiting for updates on all the mods I use, so I haven't been playing it at all.

One game, however, that I recently found, has blown my mind completely. It's called Space Engine. I wouldn't even really say this is a game, but just an absolutely incredible simulation of outer space. You can literally go anywhere...in the entire universe. Yea, you can actually start at earth, and watch as you zoom out of the ENTIRE MILKY WAY GALAXY. You are going to have to increase your speed as you zoom, however, as the distance you will have to travel increases dramatically as you leave the solar system. I really can't believe I have never heard of this program until now. I could never truly appreciate the size of our galaxy until I started using this. It's unbelievable.

And if that isn't awesome enough, you can actually pick a random star, go to it, and there will be randomly generated planets around it that you can actually zoom all the way into. It is just an amazing program, and I highly recommend people check it out if you really love space. My only qualm with it is it is kind of glitchy sometimes when you try to zoom into planets, and if you move too fast through space it can lag and sometimes crash. But other than that, I have had no problems with it. It is the coolest program I have ever found :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's a tough one for me.  I feel there were plenty of good games this year, so I would like to list all that I got this year.

Mass Effect 3 (Highly Underrated.  Haters don't know what they are talking about.)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 (Best Pokemon game yet.)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
New Super Mario Bros. U

Wow!  Got less than I thought this year. :blink:

Well, hope next year will be better! :)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
GOTY for me would have to be The Walking Dead. It's the only game I've ever played that actually made me tear up, and the attachment you get to the characters is incredible.

I'd also rate Mass Effect 3 highly for bringing what I thought was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, despite what the majority of people seemed to think. Though maybe that's because I played the extended cut first without going through the original version.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't really played any games much this year (except for Bionicle Heroes, yet again, despite the fact that it's now six years old :neutral ), but I have recently been thinking of getting back to Civilization V. It's now been nearly two years since I last played it, and college had prevented me at the time from having much time to really enjoy it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not sure yet since I go back and fourth.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Whilst there are plenty of great games out there in 2012, I feel I can only really pass judgement on those games I've actually purchased and experienced for myself. That does make my selection somewhat one-sided but I can't really see how I can be fairer. Anyway, games I'd pick for GOTY

Borderlands 2 - Best Multiplayer
The Last Story - Best Wii game
Farcry 3 - Best Shooter
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Best 3DS Game
Dishonoured - Best AC/AD game
Journey - Best Downloadable Title
Mass Effect 3 - Best RPG
Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Best Racer