The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bruton the Iguanadon

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Aug 20 2013 on  01:13 PM
I don't mean deleting posts, just deleting stuff from them.

anyways, I've decided to stay, I think, but need to get things figured out w/ mom. Dad's ok, long as it's apporpriate.
If you mean deleting the text of the post it's still going to be no I can imagine.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It really would require a very, very good reason for anything to deleted. It is also the reason why the AM section is not accessible for any random visitory. Anything posted there cannot be seen by everybody.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's just unfair that everyone else can edit there old posts, but I can't

Also, I can't upload my avatar picture.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The rules about post editing go for everyone just the same (it is in section 3 of the board rules).
With the avatar picture, is it possible that the picture is too large in filesize, pixel size or that the url is too long? These I think are the three main reasons why linked avatar pictures may not work properly.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But what i'm saying is, nobody had their old accounts deleted like I did. They can go back and edit their posts. I can't.

I tried re-sizing the pic. It won't work. There's nothing wrong with the URL, either.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everybody can edit their old posts but me. Why is this?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Because you got a new account.

No one is allowed to remove their information completely with an edit, we find that infringement of the board history.

Now stop whining or tell us what you want removed and for what reason, because frankly you're getting on everyone's nerves.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As we explained in the emails we sent you back in june and as we wrote in this chat your old account has accidentally been deleted (when accounts were deleted whose owners had never posted and which had not visited for more than a year). You now have an entirely new account which is not linked to the posts which you did before (even though we could change your postcount so you would have the benefits you would have had with the postcount of the original account). Since it is a different account there is no way to edit the posts.
But once again, the rules about post editing go for all members of the GOF. The content of messages must not be changed (other than typos) or deleted.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also, Bruton's postcount is still around 2000 posts too high! Just saying...
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Removal of old posts can create a lot of confusion, Bruton. By removing the posts you made, then there's this gap of missing "information" per say, which can cause questions and answers from other members not make sense. That is why, I believe, it's considered vandalism (unless it's for an extremely good reason).

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 21 2013 on  02:41 PM
Also, Bruton's postcount is still around 2000 posts too high! Just saying...
I agree. When Bruton was (temporarily) banned, his post count was around 2,012. (I should know, because I had sent him a PM very shortly before the ban went into effect.) There is simply no way he could have more than doubled that during his brief return. (except through further spamming, for which I'm pretty sure he already learned his lesson)

As for removing old posts, I recall another member made a similar request, and the admins offered to instead move the topics to a section that absolutely no one (except the admins themselves) can ever see. Maybe that might be a more viable option in this case?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we'll adjust his post count to be more accurate.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: