The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award voting 2013

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Four scores and seven years ago the GOF didn't even exist, nor two scores and three and a half years ago. But no matter, for four times two years now we have been conducting the award voting to give credit to members who contribute to keeping the GOF a great place and to further improve it.
Well, without much further confusing mathematics or plagiarism of the Gettysburg address or other historical documents I have been using before I'll just start with the first vote.

Most GOF members are a very helpful lot and sometimes without even knowing they are ;) In that respect I want to point out once again how very useful the pictures MurMur posted in the caption this sections were for the creation of this year's award drafts. However for me personally another member has shown a very high degree of helpfulness this year. Knowing about my interest in US history and the current sesquicentennial of the American Civil War he readily provided me with material and promissed to tell me more about his recent visit to the place after which the aforementiont plagiarized speech is named (Gettysburg). I had not asked for it but the help was readily offered just because he knew I would be interested in it. Therefore my vote for the Helpful Member Award goes to The Chronicler this year.

It is kind of a sad tradition for me, but since nothing changed about my lack of activity in the Role Playing Game section this year I must continue said tradition to skip the vote on the Role Play Gamer Award.

More votes will come in soon, but I need more time to look through threats. With so much activity and so many active new members this year the voting will be very tricky this year... and that's the most delightful reason imaginable for things to get tricky :)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I, unfortunately, won't be here for the next week because of trip to Belize, so I guess this is the best time for me to vote.

I came here because of a love of the Land Before Time, and I've stayed because of the excellent community here. I'm very glad I joined, and I hope to stay active for as long as this site is active.

Man, choosing the friendliest member award is like picking the finest diamond in a jewelry shop: so many choices, and so many wonderful diamonds on this site. A lot of people on this site have really come off as incredibly friendly, but if I had to pick one and just one, my vote goes to MurMur for never failing to put a smile on my face. Special mention also goes to Ducky123, who is a joy to roleplay with, and Starfallraptor for being the first member on here to message me when I was still wet behind the ears on this site (not that I'm still not  :lol )

Apart from a lot of friendly members, there are also a great deal of very thoughtful people on the GOF. Of the debates I've seen and the intelligent posts that have been made, I think I have to vote DarkHououmon for the year's Philosopher award. I continue to look forward to your great posts, Dark.

I find myself roleplaying on this site more than anything else, and I've seen a lot of great posters in each of the roleplays I participate in. I do think I have a solid candidate for who I want to vote for, however; I cast my ballot for Ducky123 for his excellent leadership, incentive, and planning for his roleplay 'The Great Plague'. However, I'm not done, because as I said, I roleplay more on this site than I do anything else, and I want to give credit where credit is due. I want to give a special mention to StruttEggStealer who's posts are a joy to read for their excellent rhythm and creativity. Nahla, Kor, metaldude1234, and Starfallraptor are roleplaying machines, and their energy in consistently and frequently posting on the roleplay sections also deserves a special mention. It's been an honor serving with you, gentlemen-- keep up the good work :slap (that's a salute)

A lot of people on this site have helped me out a great deal, but I think I'll cast my vote for most helpful member to Nick22 for answering my questions in messages and being helpful enough to remind me when it was my turn on the 'Interdimentional House Madness' role play. You're the man!

I'm sad to say it, but I can barely draw a circle properly. That's why I have such a great appreciation for people who can not only create wonderful pictures, but even more for the people who can change up the style that they make when they create their images. I myself haven't really taken the opportunity to follow the excellent artwork that has been produced by this site, so I must skip voting in this category

It takes dedicated posters to keep the GOF going, and of all the posters I've seen, I think I have to give my nomination for the most proactive member to Petrie85.

Finally, the feedback award goes to someone who provides some of the best responses I've seen on ANY site, and does so in a very detailed, thoughtful manner: Malte279

I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm in Belize, and no matter who wins what in which category, you all are the reason I keep coming back here! I guess you could say... 'I've been waiting for you, frieeeends?'... Eh, I tried.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
You wouldn't believe how much I fell in love with Land Before Time after re-watching the first movie about a year ago. Like many other members here, I discovered the forums because of this, and I'm not planning on leaving here anytime soon. It is a pleasure to join these forums, really.

Anyways, time to vote...

Fanart Award: I have seen quite a bit of good art on these forums. Ducky123, Littlefoot Fan 93, StrutEggStealer, FreckledOne, Nahla, and even MurMur have produced good fanart on these forums this year, unlike me; while I have done successful drawings in the past (particularly a grid portrait of Ronnie Milsap, among others in an art class I took last school year), I don't consider myself a good artist, but that's not the point here. This talented artist, at such a young age, can do very well-drawn portraits of longnecks at a remarkable rate. With that, I feel that somerandomfangirl should deserve the fanart award for this year.

Feedback Award: For his feedback that was very detailed, kind, and thoughtful, I would have to nominate this award to Malte279. Special thanks goes to Ducky123 for doing the same thing.

Friendly Member Award: This has got to be one of the toughest awards to vote on, particularly for this year. But if I were to pick just one member, it would be Ducky123. He is a very kind person who clearly knows how I feel at times. He is thoughtful, always calm and patient, and a very funny member to be around with. For that, I give my nomination to him.

Helpful Member Award: Another difficult decision. However, I feel that Kor, after all these years on the forums, is still as helpful as he was previously. With that, I nominate this award to him.

Philosopher Award: Malte279 and DarkHououmon are great philosophers at best. However, if I could pick one philosopher who always has something detailed enough to say, even if it has to be in a foreign language or something ( :lol ), my nomination goes to jansenov for his great amount of wisdom.

Proactive Award: Are you sure I shouldn't pick MurMur for this award? Look at all the stuff he's done! Great captions, fun games, revisions of old topics and addition of new ones...it just goes on and on, really! Despite the fact that he can get on some of our nerves occasionally, I feel this award deserves to go to him.

Role Play Award: From what I've read in the role playing section of the forums, Nahla, somerandomfangirl, and Ducky123, among others, have been doing a great job in RPGs. Although RPs never interested me, Ducky123 talked me into doing his RP entitled "The Great Plague". So far, it has been a pretty good experience. But if there is a person who has given life to two main characters at various times, it would have to be LoyfeCycleProtector who has done so...pretty descriptively. With that, I thank him.

Appreciated Member Award: "Uhh...rules say me no can vote in this category. Sorry!" (audience groans)

Aaaaand those are my votes for the year.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Feedback-Well this is hard,I'm gonna say..StrutEggStealer for givng me positive feedback on my fics and pointing out mistakes.

Fanart-somerandomfangirl hands down. Her art amazes me everytime I see it.

Roleplay-Mmm well somerandomfangirl again,for she helped me revive the LBt RP section.

Friendly Member- I'm gonna give this one to Zimba,though she is evil (:lol) she is life of the party,but Ducky123 is close behind he.

Helpful Member Award-I'm gonna give this one to Kor,cause he is very helpful. This was hard as everyone here  is helpful,butt  this year I'm going for Kor.

Philosopher:I actually think I'll give this one to Malte279,he   is better then my history teacher at times.

Proactive Award:  Well I see somerandomfangirl pretty much everyday,so I'll vote for her again. This one was a though one for me as I' in a dfferent time zone therefore not on during busy hours.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Roleplay: Well it's no contest here,this deserves to go to Nahla. Before she came the LBT Rp section was dead.But she revived it. Also she has put a lot of thought into Survival and her little random RPS with somerandomfangirl are a great read later on.

Fanart: somerandomfangirl all the way. For someone so young she is an amazing artist,she can draw way better then me and I'm  years older. She deserves the Fanart award.

Feedback: I'm voting for Nahla because if it wasn't for her I would not of posted any fic at all.  She is really supportive to everyone and always finds a way to leave positve feedback.

Friendly Member: Well this is hard I have to say either Nahla or somerandomfangirl.Both are amazing friends.

Helpful Member: Mumbling,because she has helped me a fair bit.

Proactive: MurMur,saved the Caption section.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Finally, it's this time of the year where we members of our beloved little corner of the net are rewarding each other for our efforts  for the great community that keeps the forum going and our members here ;)

Friendly Member:
It's hard to pick someone who deserves this very important award more than others since there are so many friendly, kind, welcoming and comforting members around.
I have to pick someone, the most appropriate member in my opinion is someone who joined this place just when I did. She often welcomes newbies and has always the time to find some kind, comforting and cheering up words for any who feel down for whatever reasons. On top of that, I've never seen her acting rude to anybody even in situations where I was close to scream as Cera would likely do.. Besides, somerandomfangirl is a good friend of me always generally nice not only towards me but towards everyone.
There are a couple of members who deserve this award as well.. I believe said members will know that I'm talking about them :yes

Helpful Member:
Other than Hyp and his pals everyone here knows that everyone occasionally needs help and the members of the GoF are known to help those who need it, may it be trouble with computers or needing some feedback on things. On many occasions we even get helped when haven't asked for it.
But who's the most helpful member of the GoF?
This award is specially based on personal experiences with certain members since a lot of help is offered in private.
I have some people in mind who have been really helpful to me. MurMur, jansenov, Malte279 and many others did offer me help what I highly appreciate but the person that was most helpful to me is Mumbling.

Feedback Award:
Being an active writer and artist as well as an enthusiastic follower of many authors and artists, I highly appreciate any feedback I can get, may it be positive or critism. The reason, why this award is of high importance is that feedback, if constructive, really helps improving the works of any author and artist and any feedback keeps the authors and artists motivated :)
There's one member that stands out of everyone. StrutEggStealer is regularly reviewing many fics and fanart often submitting some constructive words so she gets my vote. Other members that specially deserve a mention are Dosu2Dinner and jansenov.

Roleplay Award:
A section responsible for a fairly big amount of the GoF's posts and one of the most popular ones at that is the Role Play section.
I actually thought I'd have to skip this one but thanks to Nahla I found my enthusiasm for (LBT)-RPG's :D
First of all a big thanks to all players of my RPG and those who used to be part of it. There are a whole bunch of talented Roleplayers out there, sadly I can only judge those who are active in the LBT-RPG's.
Kor and StrutEggStealer are really talented and experienced but the man who really surprised me with his skills is LoyfeCycleProtector. His ability not only to let his characters simply say and think something but also to describe things and to build complex thoughts has convinced me plus he's very helpful discussing plots and any RPG-related things.

Fanart Award:
There are many talented artists out there but naming the BEST artist is almost impossible.
Every artist has his own style, while the first one uses paper and pencils the other uses any program on his computer. Besides, everybody has his own strenghts and flaws and on top of that the first one might draw only Longneck-art while the other one draws only Flyer-art. So judging their work is really really difficult.
FlipperBoidSkua, somerandomfangirl, StrutEggStealer, MurMur and FreckledOne all have done great artworks but one particular member has especially prooven his drawing skills. Besides, his picture of Littlefoot licking the wall which he took for his mother is the best drawing I've seen in a while :yes The name's Littlefoot Fan 93!

Proactive Member:
This award is for members who improved the GoF and keept it as active as it is. I'll keep it short.
For your many many images in the 'Caption This', for the many funny games you started and for the bunch of threads you revived you have my vote, MurMur.

I still have to consider about the Philosopher Award...

Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Like everyone else has said in years past and now, these are all very difficult decisions for me to make due to our community being very friendly and creative :yes.  Here are my votes:

Friendly Member: Perhaps the toughest one to vote for, I've had a great selection to choose from on the GOF.  If I could give out this award to everybody, that would be ideal.  Since this is not the case, the person I have decided to vote for is Pterano.  Despite any difficulties or circumstances he may be dealing with, this member is always very friendly and even reaches out to other members when they are in a funk.  To have that level of empathy for others when he could choose to instead focus all of his energy on himself says a lot about his character.  Therefore, my vote goes to Pterano.

Helpful Member: Again, another difficult one to choose.  My vote for this award goes to DarkHououmon.  Not only does she bring up points others may not think about in a discussion, but she also helps diffuse any potential conflict.  She is also very knowledgeable about technology, and offers to help members who may be having technical difficulties.  A member who is helpful in numerous ways, Darkhououmon gets my vote on this category.

Feedback Award: Lots of members have a lot of ideas and insight to give on the GOF, and one member in particular comes to mind when it comes to feedback.  This member gives his input in seemingly every topic on here, and is honest and forthright in his responses.  My vote for this award goes to Petrie85.

Role Play Award: I have not been as active in this section as I was before, mainly because it seemed dead for so long.  However, I have regularly popped in to see how things have been going.  One RP in particular that has caught my attention is "The Great Plague".  There are so many awesome RPGers on here, and this guy has kept his characters true to their nature and has created a pure yet very interesting LBT RP.  My vote, therefore, goes to Ducky123.

Fanart Award: Another section I have not been too involved in.  Unfortunately, my scanner kicked the bucket so I can't currently show off any fanart.  It's been a couple of years since I've posted anything, and my drawing skills have much improved since.  Still, I look at fanart and I see a lot of really good art on here.  My vote for this award goes to Ducky123.  "I am the most evil swimmer, yep yep yep!" is hilarious :lol.  If the member who created the comic "Ducky and Spike: Hot and Spicy" was still active, that member would've been a runner-up.  Note to Spike: Do not eat strange looking peppers!

Proactive Member: Based on the many awesome screenshots I have seen in the "Caption This!" section, without a doubt, this ward goes to MurMur.  Too many funny captions, and hey, I think owls are awesome too :DD.

Philosopher Award: This member not only shares a lot of input with our many topics, but he also has a lot of wisdoms (not the Yellowbelly kind! :p) to share as well.  My vote for this award goes to Malte279.

That's all for now, folks!  Happy voting :).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Aug 10 2013 on  12:57 AM
Feedback-Well this is hard,I'm gonna say..StrutEggStealer for givng me positive feedback on my fics and pointing out mistakes.

Fanart-somerandomfangirl hands down. Her art amazes me everytime I see it.

Roleplay-Mmm well somerandomfangirl again,for she helped me revive the LBt RP section.

Friendly Member- I'm gonna give this one to Zimba,though she is evil (:lol) she is life of the party,but Ducky123 is close behind her.

Helpful Member Award-I'm gonna give this one to Kor,cause he is very helpful.

Philosopher Award- Ducky123 just beacause :lol

Proactive Award~ somerandomfangirl
  Roleplay: Well it's no contest here,this deserves to go to Nahla. Before she came the LBT Rp section was dead.But she revived it. Also she has put a lot of thought into Survival and her little random RPS with somerandomfangirl are a great read later on.

Fanart: somerandomfangirl all the way. For someone so young she is an amazing artist,she can draw way better then me and I'm years older. She deserves the Fanart award.

Feedback: I'm voting for Nahla because if it wasn't for her I would not of posted any fic at all. She is really supportive to everyone and always finds a way to leave positve feedback.

Friendly Member: Well this is hard I have to say either Nahla or somerandomfangirl.Both are amazing friends.

Helpful Member: Mumbling

Proactive: MurMur

Please remember to include valid reasoning with your votes. Votes do not count and will not be accepted if they are there 'just because' or without any reason.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like it's that time of year again. This has been super hard for me, since I've made so many good friends on here, but I've finally made my decision! My votes are the ones in BOLD

Fanart Award – somerandomfangirl: I’ve seen her art, and I’m stunned by how much talent this girl possesses! She’s one of my favorite LBT artists, and I always look forward to seeing what kind of picture that she comes up with next! This is why my vote for the Fanart Award goes to you, somerandomfangirl!

Feedback Award – Pangaea: Although he may be slow at times (which is perfectly okay, by the way), his feedback is always WELL-worth the wait. He gives constructive criticism like it’s nobody’s business, and it both polite and respectful while doing so. I’m sure a lot of us here on the GOF will agree with me when I say that Pangaea’s reviews are some of the best around. Here’s to you, Pangaea!

Friendly Member Award – Ducky123: Unfortunately, this lad and I have not exactly talked or had a conversation with each other personally for a while, but I’ve certainly seen him around, and I have to say that I like what I see. He always has a positive air about him, and always encourages people when they’re feeling down. It’s always a fun time when he’s around, and that why I’ll give my vote to Ducky123!

Helpful Member Award – Skip: I can’t choose! There’s way too many helpful people on here that I couldn’t decide on one!

Philosopher Award - Malte279: Was this really a surprise? He types so much, it’s like we have a second Shakespeare. But, that wall o’ text is both informative, and a very pleasant experience to read as well. Whenever I read something of his, I always find myself learning something new, or being re-informed about a topic, and it takes a special kind of person to do that. Without a doubt, Philosopher Award goes to you, Malte279!

Proactive Award – Petrie85: This guy is on so much that it surprises me. He adds to almost any topic, and it helps to keep the forum going and let other people add onto it more before the topic goes ahead and dies. I believe that it helps old and new members find their way around active topics, and encourages them to add their two cents into the discussions too! Keep it up, Petrie85!

Role Play Award – Skip: I’m not a very active role-player, exactly, so I don’t think I’d be able to correctly pick a right person for this.

Good luck to everyone!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, I've never done this before, and it has been hard to make a decision, but I think I've got it all now. I just want to wish luck to everyone in this! Anyway, here goes:

Friendly Member Award - This is indeed a hard one, since the GoF is such a friendly place, however, I do have a person in mind. Throughout the last few months I was having a fair few issues, both at school and home, and I was finding it difficult. This year, my vote goes to Mr Wonk because he was someone who was just there for me when I felt like I didn't have anyone and he really helped me get things back together again. His friendliness towards other people has been noticeable as well, and I truly think he deserves this award.

Feedback Award – Although I'm a sucker for doing it myself, feedback is always appreciated in my book, and this year, I would like to vote for Ducky123 for this award. His encouragement has kept me going, both with my fanfic and my fanart. I have noticed that not only is he just saying "This is great!" and stuff like that, he has pointed out things that could be improved in people's work, giving good constructive criticism that can help fanartists and fanfiction writers improve their work.

Fanart Award – I love seeing other people's artwork, and since I joined many have produced cute, funny, and overall brilliant pieces of art. However, because of her use of bright and vibrant colours, her lovable style, and the unique ideas that she has, I would like to vote for StrutEggStealer for this year's award. I know I don't really leave her many comments, but I want her to know that her work is always a pleasure to look at. ;)

Helpful Member Award – Gah! There are so many helpful members on the GOF, but for this year, I'm going to vote for Kor. He never declines help to anyone, and I have noticed that he's always willing to see to others that may be inexperience at something or just need some extra information.

Proactive Award – Seeing how many captions this guy has posted, as well as many ideas for fun games he has posted, this year I am voting for MurMur. He has also revived many old topics that haven't been touched for a while and sparked interest in them, as well as starting new ones.

Role Play Gamer Award – I have role played with a loads of people who are all really good at what they do, but this year, my vote is going to Nahla. I have role played with her for a fairly long time now, and I really enjoy our RP's together. She revived the LBT RPG sub-forum after it being dead for a while, and I'm really glad she did. Thanks Nahla!

Philosopher Award – Whenever I'm browsing some topics, I will always stop and read the posts of all of our members. However, one person who stands out to me is Malte279 as his posts are not only well thought out with lots of good input, but like other members I'm sure, I have learned a fair bit myself from the stuff he posts on the GoF.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry bout that,was in a bit of rush. Fixed now,this my first awards thing so not sure how I'm supposed to pick and all that.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OMG, that time of year again! Okay, I have my emergency paper bag so there's no need to hyperventilate :o

Well, I found myself deeper entrenched in this forum as the year rolled by. Besides Fanart and Fanfiction, I'm exposed (YIPE!) to the Roleplay section of this forum, a section I only regret not joining sooner.

Fanart Award - Oy, we've had so many talented artists join this year, there's a Fanart overload! Ducky123, Nahla, Rammy, Freckled One, Murmur, and Littlefoot Fan 93 have all contributed marvelously to this category. The person I chose to receive the Fanart Award of 2013 is someone who's style is both calm and tranquil as it is creative and fun. My vote goes to: (drum roll) somerandomfangirl!! Ta-da!

Roleplay Award - I'm so glad I'm involved in this category, because now I can vote for it! On the other hand, Why are there so many talented RP-er's out there? :bang
I am so thankful for Ducky123 and Starfall Raptor for getting me off my indecisive end and encouraging me to join their lovely Roleplays. Both of them have created really creative and thought-provoking atmospheres surrounding the game and I knew the vote this year would be one of, if not the hardest. Starfall Raptor gets my vote for his unique writing style, use of character dialogue, as well as his gift of parallel universes :3

Friendly Member Award - Why must we have an overabundance of friendly, creative, and proactive people? Gah!
Lol, in all seriousness, choosing a friendly member award is a tough one because people here are so genuine. My vote goes for the apprentice to the true friendly member herself, Ducky123!

Proactive Member Award - I don't visit the Caption section as much as I used to, but I did recognize a sort of 'explosion' of funny captions and pictures provided a new member who had yet to make introductions. After a few weeks, this member came out and continued to put forth new quiz threads as well as more captions and just contributed greatly to the community. My vote goes to Murmur.

Oyy now I need a break :p will finish up in my next post
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welllll this was a difficult one for me, as there are just so many candidates I feel deserve these awards this year. But I think I've narrowed down my list after much thought, and am ready to have at it. :yes

Fanart: This one was hard, as there are just so many good artists on here, and it really came down to two members this year. StrutEggStealer's art is epic and her birthday commission to me this year went above expectations. Again, a great thanks to you for that. :DD However, I also have taken an interest in a (relatively) newer member's art here, and to be absolutely fair based on amount worked on this year AND "wow" factor, my vote this year goes to somerandomfangirl!. Her art just blows me away, and she gets my vote for this year's Fanart award. :yes

Feedback: I must admit, I don't really hang around the fanfic section too much anymore, and I don't know who's been giving good feedback these days. While it seems Ducky123 would most certainly get my vote based on just the volume I see him giving, I confess that my ignorance in this section would make my vote an unfair one, hence I am choosing to abstain this year from voting in this category.

Friendly Member: I always hate having to choose this one. So, SO many of you are great, positive, wonderful members on here. I've come to know so many fantastic people who deserve this award, but I have to make a choice, and ultimately, it goes to MurMur this year! This member has become a great new addition to the forum, and will go out of their way to make others feel supported and welcome in numerous threads and topics on here. Honorable mentions this year though include Blitz, Cancerian Tiger, somerandomfangirl, Ducky123, Pangaea, StrutEggStealer, and Malte279. It was just SO hard to choose, but I had to make my choice based on all threads and presence as well. MurMur has always been polite, even despite earlier controversies, and has never given me a bad word, even after I foolishly broke the rules in the Hangman game.  :oops So yes, you're my vote this year, MurMur!

Helpful Member: This year's helpful member award goes to... Malte279! He's an admin you can always go to in bad situations, and he goes out of his way to ensure that troubling situations are diffused with a minimum of controversy or adversarial feelings lingering. He stands up against intolerance, and enforces board rules in a fair, balanced fashion. Plus he makes it a point to always welcome every new member that joins us here on the GoF. Mumbling also deserves honorable mention here, as she's also a great and capable admin, though this year, my vote goes to Malte279. :)

Philosopher: This one was pretty easy for me. It came down to two people who consistently post in threads related and non-related to LBT. While Malte279 shows great care and expert logic in his arguments, I feel this year, my vote once again will have to go to DarkHououmon. She never backs down from a debate, but she's able to present her case clearly and in a well written form. She offers such good insight on characters of the franchise, and other topics as well. She also rarely ever falls into argumentum ad hominems, and will maintain her composure well for the most part in debates. She's my vote this year for best forum philosopher.

Proactive Member: This one goes to MurMur this year. This member has really given their all to the forum. From screencaps that are extremely useful to the admins for this year's awards to creating a ton of captions and actively participating in a lot of games and threads, I narrowed down my vote this year to MurMur. They've gone a long way in assisting the forum this year, though honorable mentions definitely include Ducky123, DarkHououmon, and somerandomfangirl.

Roleplay: As I've recently got back into roleplaying here on the forum, I owe my thanks to that to my vote for this year's roleplay gamer award, and that is Starfallraptor. He's got a lot of great ideas and has so far been a real pleasure to RP with. :yes I look forward to our continuing threads and his ideas in the future!

And that's it from Pterano this year! All the ones I couldn't vote on, I hope to see you in this year's appreciated member award so I can agonize over who my vote will go to this year! XD :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There are three members who I had in mind in particular for the Proactive Award this year. And I want to particularly stress how much delight I take in the activity and the input of our new members :yes
Two of them stick out in particular for me when it comes to proactivity as in enhancing activity on the GOF beyond the "regular level" of normal threads respectively to giving input and suggestions for new actions and activities on the GOF. One of the members I already mentioned before in the thread containing this year's award drafts. Not only have the screenshots posted by MurMur been an excellent basis for the creating of these drafts thus helping to make it happen now, but they should also be mentioned in their originally intended context. The caption this section has seen as much activity as it hasn't done in a long time thanks to everyone contributing there of course, but on the basis of MurMur's contributions.
The caption this section has seen further change this year. Ducky123 suggested the creation of a fanart caption this section which I really think to be an excellent idea. It has not yet gotten the activity of the other sections, yet it may. Credit for the creation of the section really goes to Ducky123 and I want to emphasize the proactivity demonstrated in a very new member being so ready to give helpful ideas and input. Good job David :yes
After these two candidates, both of whom I consider very worthy of the proactive member award I think I need to explain my vote for the third candidate a little since I'm afraid it could be misinterpretet. Thing is that odd as it sounds proactivity, which by definition seems to require being rather open and visible in fact not always is as much as it deserves. Mumbling has done an awful lot of staff work especially in particular in May, June, and July, during a time when many other admins (me included) were too much tied up with work to contribute as much as we would have liked to. Her work included matters of conflict not always easily solved or dealt with. She further more made suggestions which are yet to be put into effect in the next days, she edited the rules for the award voting for this year to make some things clearer (and less "intimidating" looking as was the case with the previous years rules including a lot of bold typing combined with capitalizing and underlining. Need I even mention that there just wouldn't be a fanfiction award voting at all but for the effort and enthusiasm she is putting into it? Much of her work done on behalf of the Gang of Five is not as much in the public eye as many GOF activities usually are. For all these reasons rather than any kind of "admin deals" it is that my vote for the Proactive Member Award goes to Mumbling.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's part two of my nominees :3

Philosopher Award - There are so many great philosophers on this site: Malte, Dark, Pterano (the user), but this year, I'm voting for a member that is somewhat new here, but has nonetheless stood out due to his gift of verbosity, as well as his interesting way of seeing and of thinking things. My vote goes to LoyfeCycleProtector :)

Helpful Member Award - This award goes to a member that has helped and directed me in the past, and is someone who I look up to and admire. This member always seems to know what to say amid his lengthy and well-thought-out posts, keeping to his self-description as a Sentient Wikipedia :DD I vote for Pangaea.

Feedback - I vote this award go to Pterano. This member's posts - as I mentioned earlier - change from serious and philosophical to goofy and lighthearted so quickly. His tone is very straightforward, nonetheless, and it is very easy to read his posts that give constructive criticism, but are light enough to give you a reassuring smile. Keep up the great work, sir!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks for the vote, Malte. :)  I honestly was not expecting that. In that case, I've got some good news for you: I've finally been able to send you that email. :D  Email a reply to let me know what you think.

Okay, now for my votes...

Fanart Award: somerandomfangirl
In my book, the best fanartists are the ones who are skilled enough to draw in a style just like (or at least close to) the official content. This year, my vote will go to random fangirl for her work, especially her drawings of Littlefoot's relatives (both canon and fanon) at a younger age. That's something I haven't really seen much of ever before, so great work.

Feedback Award: Pangaea
True, I haven't received any feedback from him in a very long time, but I still appreciate his efforts. Admittedly, I haven't really been following fanfiction like I used to, so I can't say for sure if one of the newer members are more deserving of this award. Maybe we'll see about that next year. :neutral

Friendly Member Award: DarkHououmon
This award is always so hard to vote on, but I think this is the best choice for this year. Whenever someone says something potentially offensive, she comes along and tries to clear things up where she can, all while being careful not to start a flame war or anything like that. It's that kind of friendliness that this forum is known for, so it's only fair that I give my vote to a fine example.

Helpful Member Award: Kor
I can't think of any personal experiences this year, so I'm going by what I think this community as a whole would consider to be a helpful member. To me, Kor seems to be like a good choice. He may not say much in his posts, but at least he's always willing to lend a hand.

Philosopher Award: Malte279
Another year, another vote for Malte for this award. Thoughtful discussions with him around are always fascinating, and I'm always amazed by just how much he knows about various parts of history. I just can't think of anyone better deserving of this award.

Proactive Member Award: MurMur
As a lot of people have already said, he has significantly improved activity in the "Caption This" section. Of course, his activity doesn't stop there. I can't remember any specific examples right now, but as other people have already pointed out, he has created new topics and revived old ones, including within the "Party Room". Not bad for a new member. :yes

Role Play Gamer Award: N/A
Due to the lack of activity in the only RP I participate in, I can't make a fair judgement on this award. I will skip this one.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can I post again? I made a decision on the helpful member award, and I hope that it still counts. If not, oh well, here goes nothing.

Helpful Member Award – Pterano: Even in the darkest of times for him, he always has helpful advice for another member in trying times, and he has so much knowledge about many subjects.  He’s been very helpful to me, and a few members in the past, and I think he’s very deserving of the Helpful Member Award this year! Cheers, Pterano!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
FANART AWARD - STRUTEGGSTEALER
     It was a VERY hard choice to pick just one person to vote for, very hard indeed.  I choose StrutEggStealer due to the amount of artwork, mainly dinosaurs and others, various angles, sides, poses.  Some different media besides the usual type.

FEEDBACK AWARD - DUCKY123
   The choice was not easy but I choose Ducky123 due to the responses to much of the fanart I've enjoyed over the past year.  & many positive remarks and some humorous or funny bits in the feedback on the artwork.  

FRIENDLY MEMBER AWARD - CHILETREK
I voted for him, hard as it was to pick just one with so many friendly folks on the forum, due to the talks we often do on IM.  He's one of the ones I talk to the most often on a daily bases about often various subjects.  

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Though I've been largely absent during the last few weeks, I still remember what's been going on at the GOF this year and I will vote accordingly.  :)

Fan Art - I believe StruEggstealer is the person most deserving of this award. Her art has great lineart paired with ever more skillful coloring and shading. Her most recent portrait of her OC Hadley is one of the finer pieces of fanart to appear on the GOF so far.

Feedback - This year, this one should land in David's (Ducky123) paws. If you're on any kind of project, you can be sure he's following it and will have something to say about it. I can see that the some of the GOF's artists and writers really appreciate his feedback and I assume he's one of those people who make it easier for you to get of your butt and finally write another chapter / finish that drawing that's been haunting you for the past week.

Friendly Member - There is a veritable inflation of (but no depreciation) of friendly members on this board. Ducky123, StrutEggStealer, Pterano, MurMur, Malte, DarkHououmon, Mumbling, Pangaea... You guys make my head spin.

I will choose one, however. This award should go to Ducky123 as well. He's an especially nice and cheerful member. This year he's been the duckiest of all of us.

Helpful Member - For this one I would nominate Pangaea. His posts are like Opabinia fossils. Rather rare, but monumental. You will always receive more than you ask for from this member. Even if you hadn't asked him, later on you tell yourself : "Now that's something I'm glad I didn't have to do without."

Proactive member - I nominate MurMur. Although I'm not so much into forum games myself, I really appreaciate his efforts and the postive effect it has on other member's activity.

Philosopher - There are several members here who have an awful lot to say. Nick, LBTLover, Pangaea, Pterano, Malte, Kacie, LoyfeCycleProtector, Serris... All of those people I enjoy reading equally. But there's a single post that tipped the scales in one member's favor. This year the most ambitious, best written and, as a bonus, most relevant topic  to LBT was opened in the General LBT section,  "Pros and Cons of LBT movies", by Malte.  Had it not been for this topic, I would have avoided voting in this category. It would have been a complete tie. Here's to many more thought-provocative topics in the future!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Helpful Member - Nick22
   I choose to vote for Nick, though it was hard to pick just one person, due to his help in various sections of the forum, and in our IM conversations on various topics as well as pm conversations also.

philosopher - Malte
   I choose to vote for Malte since his posts are well thought out and can have a lot of thought, and information in them, on various topics.  His long posts.  His posts can be thought provoking also.  As is other folks posts also on the forum, though as in the other categories picking just one wasn't easy.