The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Voting 2013!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The rules for joining the Fanfiction Awards
Voting has begun.

If you wish to vote in private, please send me a PM with your votes. Otherwise, please post your votes in this topic.

This is the voting section for the fanfiction awards. All fanfictions that have been submitted by your fellow members for voting are listed here. Please only post on this topic to submit your vote, do not ask questions or have discussions here. For questions, please click the link above and comment on the rules.

You may vote on as many fanfictions as you'd like, but you must have read them first. Please show us in your review that you've truly read the fanfiction.

Please copy the following form to vote:

Name of fanfiction: NAME HERE
Rating: #/10
Review: REVIEW HERE

The following fanfictions have been submitted for you to vote on:

Name of fanfiction: Venatione Venatus.
Short summary: Chomper is unexpectedly kidnapped by a mysterious pair of sharpteeth and enrolled in their pack, and soon discovers that two major dinosaur forces are on the brink of war...

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: Here!
Here!
Author(s): Dosu2Dinner
Any other comment: Just enjoy...!

Name of fanfiction: Earning Restitution
Short summary: Pterano finds himself in a battle between his own banishment and going to the aide of another as he attempts to help a young Eggstealer find his family. Meanwhile, after an Earthshake knocks down the Valley's Great Wall, Ruby and Chomper are AWOL in the Mysterious Beyond and the Gang are forced to help before the two become a potential meal. And two very familiar Eggstealers are trying to scratch out a living amid the red rocks of the Beyond, hoping to put their past behind them.

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=11232
Author(s): StrutEggStealer

Name of fanfiction: Greatest Sacrafice
Short summary: A small Earthshake hits the Great Valley and though it was only a light tremor, the impact on the dinosaurs living in it could hardly have been bigger. He saw her fall, just like her daughter, his mother...

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=12550&st=0
Author(s): Sleeping-force's-inside
Any other comment:  :wave

Name of fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
Short summary: (LBT/Bionicle crossover fanfic) Sequel to Quest for the Energy Stones. When Littlefoot and his friends end up in the Matoran universe, they find themselves caught in the middle as old and new friends must fight many new threats to save their universe.

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=8547
Author(s): The Chronicler
Any other comment: Currently unfinished. Although the majority of this fanfic is based on events from the Bionicle storyline, I try my best to add in LBT elements throughout the whole story. Progress has been very slow lately for numerous reasons. Although the latest chapter has yet to be properly edited, I think it's a good stopping point in time for this year's Fanfiction Award.

Name of fanfiction: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Short summary: Something temporary turns into a deadly habit for a certain trio of Domeheads. They arrive to the Valley and Chomper is blamed for their crimes. How could he clear his name and expose the true culprits when the grown-ups won't believe him?

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=8982&st=0
Author(s): FlipperBoidSkua
Any other comment: Although this story wasn't submitted for last year's vote, it is now up because it has been completed!! Yayz!! :D

Name of fanfiction: Battle of the Sacred Essences II: Corruption's Curse
Short summary: Three years have passed since the events of BOSE but Littlefoot still remains troubled by the departure of Jason, Jill and Stone, three humans that helped defeat the megalomaniac threats of the Red Phoenix. However, after a mishap that leads to Littlefoot being kidnapped and being brought to a futuristic human world in the year 327NE, he befriends a lonely human boy named Kairyn that bears a striking resemblance to Jason but claims to live 300 years ahead of the time that Jason existed. As they spend time together, Littlefoot and his friends being to uncover some strange links between the fabled Stones of Essence (of which Littlefoot and Kairyn have one each) and the human corporation Keltech that seem to be interested in the stones too. All the while, a mysterious figure known only as The Black Ghost constantly shows up with knowledge about the Stones of Essence but the gang cannot decide if he is friend or foe. The more Littlefoot and his friends uncover, the greater the sense of deja vu they get... like history repeating itself. Only this time, two of the three stone holders from last time are nowhere to be found. Littlefoot fears his human friends are lost as dark new threat approaches.

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: BOSE and BOSE II
Author(s): Littlefoot1616
Any other comments: This fanfic has been going on for a long time due to my inability to update more than a few times a year but thankfully the support of all my readers and reviewers help keep the project going. Currently working on Act 3 of (possibly/aiming for) 5 whereby links between the first and second story are coming to light as well as a few extra bombshells. For those who have been following my fanfic thus far, I thank you graciously for your patience and ask for patience again. I promise you the story will come to an end... eventually. And to those looking for something to read, please feel free to give it a go. I'm still dropping in nods and references to various movies, games etc. so if nothing else, you can test your movie/gaming knowledge. Thanks again!

Name of fanfiction: All In The Family
Short summary: This is a story I wrote in corroboration with fellow GoF member "The Chronicler", who had this headcannon idea that the Rainbow Faces were not aliens disguised as dinosaurs, but rather member of an advanced race of dinos who lived on Earth alongside the dinos we've all come to known and love.

Contrary to those dinos, they had humanlike intelligence; and were able to develop a technologically advanced society much like our own. They were eventually forced to leave Earth by the more primitive dinos who found themselves being oppressed by the more advanced Rainbow Faces.

This story tells the tale of how a member of each of the Gang Of Seven's family played a vital role in the history of those uncertain times, and how the Rainbow Faces were able to show them how their ancestors shaped the world they've come to know.

Link to fanfiction on the GoF: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=...&#entry22035956
Author(s): karkovice and The Chronicler
Any other comment:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You may now start rating the submitted fanfics ^^

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Rating: 8/10
Review: One of the best things about this is how it takes a simple and commonly-used LBT fic idea, but morphs into something completely new, exciting and explosive. It offers new windows for scenarios and sequels (which I know exist  :DD ) and is both a heart-warming and thrilling read.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Name of fanfiction: Venatione Venatus
Review: The idea is refreshing to say the least. One can see plenty of Chomper-as-adult-against-Valley fics, but I think this is the first one that has him so as a kid (sort offish, that is). And our little Biter has a love-triangle too! :lol

Rating: 7/10
Review: I am not such a Pterano and/or EggStealer fan, but the story certainly shows a new side to both of those :yes Even the age-old Earthquake thing gets a new twist :p (it reminds me of mine, in a way, but that just might be me :p ) And look, Tria CAN kick ass!!! :blink:  :blink:  :wow

Major downside to both: THEY AREN'T FINISHED YET!!! *kicks D2D and SES* UPDATE, YOU PEEPS!!!! :anger

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*Eep! Sowwy!*
Name of fanfiction: Venatione Venatus
Review: I went into this fanfic not really knowing what to expect. That hasn't changed as D2D continues to present twists and turns so jarring they numb the brain. But what I really liked about his story was how well the wording flowed - every incident falls perfectly into place, and forms an ever ascending step ladder, leading towards the climax.
D2D's characters are also fresh and new, and even relatable. I love how the sharpteeth are portrayed at one point as deadly strategists, but then in the very next scene, they're splashing in the water, having fun! :o
I can't wait to meet his new villians.

Rating: 9/10
Review: My word, FBS continues to flaunt her enthralling fanfic skills - with a perfect mix of suspense, gore, and even heartache, this fic had me right on the edge of my seat as I read. I empathized with Chomper and felt this sort of intense dislike, maybe even hatred, towards the Domeheads, although I have to say, they were amazing villains. I could even see their standpoint - eat to live, survival of the fittest, all that.
And I loved the rather cliffhanger of an ending. It left me with chills. :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name of fanfiction: The Greatest Sacrafice

There are plenty of fanfictions about the matter of the deaths of either Grandpa, Grandma or even both out there as some persons pointed out to me. Believing their words said fics are mostly awfully written or even hater fics...
With 'The Greatest Sacrafice' Sleeping-force's-inside is exceedingly likely to be the one with the best fic about said matter for the following reasons:
  • My first point is the plot of her fic. Not only did she succeed in 'killing' Grandma off without really making the reader hate the author (that's just me though) but also did she made the daring move to let her survive in a pretty well-done way.
    Besides, her story is packed with interesting plot elements such as Mr. Threehorn being the Longnecks' grief consellor :lol or giving Chomper a sister (plus backstory in the sequel to TGS :yes) just to name a few.
  • I'm glad she let some characters having appeareances such as Bron & Shorty, Doc & Dora(?) or Chomper's parents, but I personally think the Gang of Seven's 'screen time' is too low though I don't included this into my rating which leads me to my next point...
  • This fic isn't that long, some parts seem a little rushed to me although there could have been quite more room for interactions, descriptions or just a little story not needingly contributing the the fic's main plot.
  • The action was quite good, but at some parts she could've wrote it more detailed (if one's writing action scenes remember to write them as detailed as you could and don't forget the characters feelings :) )
  • Oh, I almost forgot... I really like Sleepy's writing style, it just... flows   :blink:
I hope that wasn't too long  :unsure:
take those 9/10 Sleepy :) I hope your fics to come will be as good as TGS is :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name of Fanfiction: Venatione Venatus (VV)
Rating: 10/10

Well, what should I say...
Dosu2Dinner has written a great fanfiction! From all fics in progress these days VV is the best in my eyes. Sure you wanna know why so have it!
  • First I want to go into the plot a little bit.. The basic idea of VV alone is really great yet a pretty risky and difficult one as well, risky because if not well done the interest in this fic would've decreased quickly what hasn't been the case, in fact it even seemed to have increased to me, and difficult because the story stresses quite a mature theme (if you want to know what I'm talking about in detail, ask me).
    He came up with great ideas and conflicts keeping to surprise me every time a new chapter is up, every chapter revealing a new twist, a new character, etc...
  • My next point are his characters. The pack of Sharpteeth of all kinds of species has the right mix of personalities, Seizon being sorta the leader, (head)strong and determined yet he has a softer side also, Saureen being nice and caring, Pyron being nice as well and open to Chomper, Nycha being the Cera equivalent, distrusting and a little unfriendly, at least towards Chomper plus she seems to have a hard past, Al being the calm guy and Lini being cheerful, nice and funny. On the other side Dosu also created quite some other OC's like Ulciscor, the 'badass' of the story as it seems and Kai, a stranger that travels with the gang... Also some other fellow Sharpteeth.. all well done in my opinion since they all fit in so well in the overall story..
    Of course the canon characters appear, too :yes
  • I consider Dosu2Dinner's writing style very good. He's able to write fighting scene's and action down as well as describing things and characters :) Also, if he tells what happends it just seem to flow plus his choice of words (as far as I can tell) is pretty on a high level - he uses many different words and phrases to bring his points across :yes -. On top of that, his dialogues are so natural that I really doubt at times he actually plans conversations :DD
I can't think of any critism since if there's somethin to critisize and improve it's just something very little that I likely won't notice..

Here some words to you, Dosu2Dinner: KEEP IT UP! You're great :D I hope you can keep the high level of VV and I'm sure you will succeed!

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Review: I love this fic,great plot and very good read. It deserves to be Fic of the year.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some new fanfictions have been added to the list, check them out!

karkovice

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Name of fanfiction: Quest For The Mask Of Life
Review: The plotline for this story was well thought out and fairly easy to follow. The only downside(for me, anyways) was the large array of characters. There were several places where I lost track of who was who. I guess if I had watched the Bionicle series, which I know The Chronicler is a big fan of, I wouldn't've felt so lost.  :oops

Even though the story is still not complete, it leaves that certain sense of anticipation as to how this will all end.  :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name of Fanfiction: Earning Restitution

Despite neither being a Pterano nor an eggstealer fan, I quite enjoyed reading Earning Restitution. I like the fact that SES has not just a single plotline that advances with every chapter but (correct me if I'm wrong) 4 of them. Each of them has its own conflict, Pterano torn between helping Taylen (a great OC btw :yes reminds me of Guido :DD) to proof that he's capable of doing good not only for himself but also for others (--> he shows some altruism), the Eggstealers trying to get themselves food, finding a home for their herd and Strut fighting against his brother's dominance, Ruby and Chomper simply trying to find a way into the Valley and the Gang trying to find their friends. Not to forget Petrie missing his uncle.
I'm interested to see if all these paths will meet and how :)

One of the many truly good fanfics on this forum of which I've read far to few so far... Keep it up! :lol:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name of fanfiction: Battle of the Sacred Essences II: Corruption's Curse
Review: Six chapters have been added since last year's voting, but it's the latest chapter (chapter 37, which apparently hasn't been posted in the GoF topic, so I had to go to fanfiction.net to reread it) that really convinced me to give this story a perfect rating, once again.

I remember when the Black Ghost first appeared (chapter 4, I think it was), commenters on fanfiction.net kept saying, "The Black Ghost is Jason! The Black Ghost is Jason!" I actually found it quite refreshing to find out, once and for all, that they are not one and the same, but are in fact separate people. Of course, that now begs the question: If the Black Ghost isn't Jason, then who is he? Also from that chapter, it's quite astonishing that a simple seemingly innocent friendly gesture could have caused such a huge catastrophe.

This is definitely still among my favorite fanfics of all time, so I will certainly continue to watch for any new chapters.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Review: It's been a long time since I read this fanfic, but I do remember liking it a lot. Providing an actual backstory to those three Domeheads that briefly appeared in LBT1, and a definitely unique one at that, was very impressive. But what really made me stick to this story, waiting for the next chapter, was how Chomper was placed in what I call an impossible situation. Those are the kinds of stories that I just can't stop thinking about until finding out how the problem is resolved. It wasn't until the truth was finally revealed to everyone that I could finally relax. For being the kind of story that can leave me on-edge, this fanfic definitely deserves a high rating.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Review: Some of the most recent fanfics just haven't captured my interest, but this one is an exception. It includes the gang of seven, Pterano, the two egg stealers, and introduces a younger relative of them (an OC, obviously). Not long after the start, there are four separate groups (Pterano and Taylen, Ozzy and Strutt, Ruby and Chomper, and the gang of five), and it's not until the latest chapter (literally just posted today) that all of them have come together. I can't wait to see what happens next.

- Berix

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Voting is still open the next week.

FlipperBoidSkua and Littlefoot1616 still need to vote in order to get their banner :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name of Fanfiction: Guilty until proven innocent

The title alone suits the action perfectly :lol When I first read the summary of this fanfiction I wasn't that interested to be honest because I don't really like Domeheads and seemingly the Gang wouldn't be much important but these Domeheads. How wrong I was...  :bang  :bang  :bang

FBS has a really good writing style and the idea for this fanfiction is, honestly, hillarious :wow Now I even hate Domeheads with a passion :p Thank you!