The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 82972

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Dodgammit, sorry for dropping off the face of the forum again. :bang

Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Apr 13 2013 on  09:53 PM
I know I'm double posting, and I'm sorry but... Is this RP still going? It's become terribly inactive and I'm getting very worried. Is everyone okay? :unsure:
This RP is still going as long as I have anything to say about it. I suspect that part of the reason so few people have posted (besides being preoccupied with other things) is that no one has any clear idea of whose job it is to give the story its next push forward. I suspect that the fault is predominantly mine, given my chronic reluctance to post anything that would potentially inconvenience other players by forcing them to interrupt their characters' current activities before they were ready. In other words, I have a mortal fear of inadvertently turning into a control freak.

I'll make another post right now which will hopefully contribute to moving things along, at least for the Big Water Group. And if everyone thinks it will help, I'll try to be more proactive in progressing the events of the RP. (Just bear with me if I jump the gun at any point and push the story ball forward before you're ready for it; I'll try my best to fix my mistakes whenever possible.) Sorry again for all my screwups as GM, everyone. :oops

I feel like we should also have a show of hands; see who else hasn't given up on this RP yet. C'mon, speak up! Who's still playing? :angel

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm in as always! Looking forward to your post!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still in, and my excuse for my inactivity in this RP is still the same: waiting for the others. Specifically in this case, I've got almost nothing for my characters to do until sunset, so I anticipate I'll still be waiting a little longer.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I no longer have enough motivation to play in this RP and I don't think I'll regain it in any foreseeable future. I'm sorry about that. :(
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,May 29 2013 on  03:09 AM
I'm afraid I no longer have enough motivation to play in this RP and I don't think I'll regain it in any foreseeable future. I'm sorry about that. :(
Oh well. That's a shame, but no hard feelings. Thank you for telling us, Myrkin.

By default, this means that the subplot of Claw journeying to find an antidote is over with. Chronicler, how do you and vonboy want to change your plans to accommodate for this? My suggestion would be that you state in your next post that your group ran across the antidote plant, Claw ate it and was cured, and returned to the Great Valley, while your characters continue on for whatever reason you choose.

I suppose this also means that Sierra and Rinkus are free for the taking. I do seem to recall one or two other players wanting to do something with them… (I’m looking at you, Sparky. ;))

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm still in on this one.  It seems the RP section has been so stagnant until now that I had lost interest in this section (I'm not on here very much to begin with), but I'd still like to see this RP through.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 4 2013 on  01:48 AM
By default, this means that the subplot of Claw journeying to find an antidote is over with. Chronicler, how do you and vonboy want to change your plans to accommodate for this? My suggestion would be that you state in your next post that your group ran across the antidote plant, Claw ate it and was cured, and returned to the Great Valley, while your characters continue on for whatever reason you choose.
Well, this won't be the first time I've had to explain away a no-long-active character. If I remember correctly, Chomper has now been played by four members, of which I was the second. I forget who the first person was, but I remember taking over Chomper and have him explain why that guy's character was no longer around. (I simply had him tell the others that the guy had "other business" to take care of.)

I don't know what vonboy thinks, but I think I have a relatively good idea close to what you suggested. But like I said, the time of my group's arrival will be at sunset, so I'll wait until you say that time has arrived before making my next post there. At least this should give me some time to refine my ideas.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Uh oh, DJ MC CJ is still in this RP. I'm ready whenever it's ready to start back up again. I check back frequently to see what's happening with the RP. Don't worry Pangaea it happens to all of us.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hello.

I'm just curious, do you guys have someone that has listed the players they are playing in game? I've been getting back into rp lately, although it's more on DreamWidth and tumblr. Do you guys think you could have room for one more rper? I'm going to reread this and see what has happened in the rp.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Hi Amy, nice to hear from you! :wave

I'm afraid we don't have a list of current players. Sorry, I probably should have made one. :oops I just didn't know where to put it so that it could be readily viewable by the players, since it would need to be updated now and again and I obviously can't edit the first post in this thread. I could create a separate thread dedicated to displaying the members currently participating, I guess. If I did that, do you suppose you could edit your post at the beginning of this thread to contain a link to it? Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the thread tonight, and possibly not even this week, as it may turn out that I'll be too busy during that time to spend much time on the GOF, if any. (See here for explanation.)

You're certainly welcome to return to this RP if you wish. :) Will you be playing the same character(s) as before? (I forget if someone else is currently playing Pterano…) Your dinosona is probably wandering somewhere in the valley, perhaps asleep.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hey guys :)
The title of your RP caught my interest and I might want to join, of course only, if there is a character free whom I can take.
Can someone explain what the RPG roughly is about? I'd appreciate that and I hope I can help to revive this RP :)

~Ducky123  :wave
Inactive, probably forever.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
I choose Hyp's dad because Hyp's dad is the father of Hyp. :lol I also choose myself. :lol
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 9 2013 on  10:04 PM
Good to be back. :)

I'm afraid we don't have a list of current players. Sorry, I probably should have made one. :oops I just didn't know where to put it so that it could be readily viewable by the players, since it would need to be updated now and again and I obviously can't edit the first post in this thread. I could create a separate thread dedicated to displaying the members currently participating, I guess. If I did that, do you suppose you could edit your post at the beginning of this thread to contain a link to it? Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the thread tonight, and possibly not even this week, as it may turn out that I'll be too busy during that time to spend much time on the GOF, if any. (See here for explanation.)

It's not a problem, I'll re-edit the cast on the first page. I'll just have a moment to look over who is playing who.

That sounds like fun. Good that you'll see a few GOF members and the bats.

You're certainly welcome to return to this RP if you wish. :) Will you be playing the same character(s) as before? (I forget if someone else is currently playing Pterano…) Your dinosona is probably wandering somewhere in the valley, perhaps asleep.

As for characters, I think I'll restart and redo my species, since I've been away for so long. I'm thinking of having myself in some amnesiac state where I don't remember my prior experiences in the valley, even if certain characters remind me of those said experiences. The way I can remember is by body memory or dreams.

Some if them I'll probably want back, like if Hyp's not taken, I'll definitely take him.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd also like to go permanent Longneck for this RP. I'll figure out a way to do that somehow.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The title of your RP caught my interest and I might want to join, of course only, if there is a character free whom I can take.
Can someone explain what the RPG roughly is about? I'd appreciate that and I hope I can help to revive this RP

It's pretty much your slice of life "what if" RP. The GOF members being removed from our world and into the Land Before Time universe and how they interact with the environment and characters. There isn't really an over-arching plot from what I can see, but we as players can create our own plots for the RP.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
okay :)

I think I won't join it... but I wish you much fun and success with this RP :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Sure, since Pangaea gave you permission to join in this thread. Just follow the instructions and rules he gave you and the rules at the beginning of this thread and you should be set.

Do you have any questions about this RP?

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 10 2013 on  02:04 PM

Where is my dinosona? :blink: I think my dinosona is finding Hyp. :DD  :p  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe