The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14

kjeldo · 358 · 30257

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
There is much more that can be shown:

1. Explain how Chomper got off of the island and met Ruby, as well as explain the whole Redclaw story.

2. Resolve exactly how Chomper (and Ruby?) will find a way to live together with the plant-eaters, or else show that doing so is impossible.

3. If they are going to end the series, advance time and show the characters in a more adult form, and end the series on the note it began; with the children of the original characters hatching.

4. Remember the "Great Longneck Test"? Littlefoot proved that he could be a good leader in that thing... Perhaps he ought to be made leader of a herd. Maybe he'll merge his herd with Ali's... and have to fight Rhett (Ret?) to get at her.

5. If enough time passes, Pterano can return.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or some of them may join Bron's herd.  At least I was going to have that as part of the back story of my the gang as adults rp.  At least Littlefoot, Ali (who would be mates) and Chomper would have joined Bron's herd.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that there are quite a few themes which could be picked up and turned into a great LBT movie. There are quite a few options left. I don't think I would be among those who would be glad to see an LBT movie with a kind of definite ending. Something open like the ending of the original movie is much less oppressive on our own land before time; the land before time we have in our minds when we think of our own stories.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
There are at least two unresolved story lines:

1. Obviously, the Chomper-Ruby story is unfinished; heck, we don't even know how it began (they just showed up in the valley.)

2. While they set up Littlefoot potential to be the leader of a herd in movie 10 and touched on it again in a TV episode, they haven't finished it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm not trying to bash LBT 13, but they should have explained some things or had something cool happen instead of having them meet some lame fake creatures. :rolleyes: I mean, there's tons of things they could do that would be just wonderful.  I think a sequel like LBT 13 should have been their last resort.  They've just got so much other material they could've used for another LBT sequel.  Why choose to take the last resort of making new characters (and fake one's at that!)?  Maybe LBT 13 was an attempt to kill LBT? I mean, taking other ideas besides the theme in LBT 13 is a no brainer. :rolleyes: With the tv series, they've introduced so many plot ideas into LBT, but instead they choose to make some lame theme that makes it look like they're just shooting the movies out to make their money as fast as possible.

EDIT:  I don't know if I'm glad or not that Petrie hasn't gotten a reply to the email he sent Universal. :bang

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
While they set up Littlefoot potential to be the leader of a herd in movie 10 and touched on it again in a TV episode, they haven't finished it.
I don't know anything about the TV episode, but why should Littlefoot be a potential leader of a herd in LBT 10? Because he is the son of Bron? I am not sure if the human rules of hereditary leadership could be applied to LBT dinosaurs. Moreover it is not likely that a dinosaur who probably has yet to reach his teens would be designated as the leader of a herd of grownups.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Does LIttlefoot really know enough to be a herd leader anyway?  You have to advance a few years to see that plotline.

Also, no, no email reply.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 8 2008 on  03:10 AM
While they set up Littlefoot potential to be the leader of a herd in movie 10 and touched on it again in a TV episode, they haven't finished it.
I don't know anything about the TV episode, but why should Littlefoot be a potential leader of a herd in LBT 10? Because he is the son of Bron? I am not sure if the human rules of hereditary leadership could be applied to LBT dinosaurs. Moreover it is not likely that a dinosaur who probably has yet to reach his teens would be designated as the leader of a herd of grownups.
It really revolves around the TV episode "The Big Longneck Test." It'd be better if you could just bring yourself up to see it for yourself than for me to try to explain it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
There was only 2 bad LBT tv eps Malte.  You should really go watch them, making sure to skip "the brave longneck scheme" where they totally ruin Ali's reappearance.  The other one was bad, but I'd still watch it if I were you.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
And I still don't think they ruined Ali's appearance or made her out of character. There's no excuse not to watch them all if you're going to watch most of them, anyway.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
there is a chance my creation of a LBT story might find it way into the line light, but that only a chance, not sure what really happening at the moment.

That is a story that I have completed 2 years ago and haven't shown to anyone part from family and close friends.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I bet it's very well written, unlike the garbage I write.  It seems everyone who writes here, apart from me, writes very well.  So I'm sure your stuff is well written.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
yeah it was and had help from a friend of Aria's mum who typed my story up for me and he even liked how it been layed out so there hope with it but that only a chance of it happening. it could or couldn't. just have to wait and see with that one.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
A chance is a chance, right?
I bet your story is well written. Wonder what's going on in your story. Hmm.. I'm too curious again. :bang

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You are likely a better writer then you think, unlike a garbage writer like myself I"m sure your stuff is very well done.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let me get this straight, Threehorn, you wrote an LBT story and there's a chance that it could become an actual LBT sequel?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Jan 7 2008 on  01:42 PM
There is much more that can be shown:

1. Explain how Chomper got off of the island and met Ruby, as well as explain the whole Redclaw story.

2. Resolve exactly how Chomper (and Ruby?) will find a way to live together with the plant-eaters, or else show that doing so is impossible.

3. If they are going to end the series, advance time and show the characters in a more adult form, and end the series on the note it began; with the children of the original characters hatching.

4. Remember the "Great Longneck Test"? Littlefoot proved that he could be a good leader in that thing... Perhaps he ought to be made leader of a herd. Maybe he'll merge his herd with Ali's... and have to fight Rhett (Ret?) to get at her.

5. If enough time passes, Pterano can return.
Exactly.

But I have a bizzare feeling that the LBT sequels will propel it back into the limelight or drag it to a terrible end.

I REFUSE an LBT ending akin to the ending of the Sopranos!! :x

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that if the series is shut down for personal gain, then the people responsible are selfish buggers! I mean, selish behavior like that belongs in gangs, the mob, and other criminal organizations. Not in big entertainment corporations!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny that you are mentioning the mob. I'm watching "The Godfather" as I type this. Anyway, we don't have the slightest idea on whether or not LBT is still profitable for those who make it. Of course I would rather have them continue LBT and continue LBT with some good sequels. But to suggest that those people were criminals etc. is going a bit too far even in jest.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am saying that that kind of behavior is for criminals. I am not accusing anybody of that.