The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pterano's Return

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Would anyone like to see him come back? Maybe in the series or another sequel?

I'd like to see him back.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The way I see it, if he were to appear in another sequel/episode, it would have him be in the Mysterious Beyond instead of the Great Valley. One idea is that the gang gets lost in the Mysterious Beyond, and Pterano helps them get back home safely.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I've had a gazillion ideas for this, as I am a big Pterano fan too. I'm already writing one where he does return when the gang (with my char Ptyra) go to get him after five years...and he's with a whole flock of fliers and has a thing for their matriarch :lol

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sounds good!!! :D

I'm writing one on fanfiction.net called "Sweet Child of Mine."

It's about Pterano having to return because he's the only one left to raise Petrie, as his family was killed by a sharptooth.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He could return in a sequel or season, though some may ask why are the gang not 5 years older.  Though there is no reason he can't appear anytime the gang are outside the Great Valley.  Like I mentioned elsewhere, it would be interesting to see if he is back to his old ways, or, which I'd prefer (not sure about anyone else) he did learn during the  last part of the events of the 7th movie and has really reformed.  That could help to make him an interesting character.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I agree. I'd like to see him changed for the better. Like you said, he'd become an interesting character.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
But a changed Pterano would be like any other friendly face in the valley....

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
True, but think of everyone's reaction to his return as well.

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I too would like to see Pterano return in both the series and another movie. For the movie, I think it would be kind of cool if Rinkus and Sierra returned as well and Pterano with lets  say Topsy or Petrie's mother (Pterano's  sister) help can stop the two evil flyer's and send them packing. And/or maybe in the series would also be nice, that is if they ever do end up on having Pterano return?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I personally wouldn't really care if we ever see him again or not.  I suppose if they continue the movies, he'll most certainly have to appear again.  I for one do not understand the widespread fascination for this character (no offense intended).  I for one felt no personal connection with this character, as some of the members here did.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would definitely like to see him again because i am fan of him as well, but that's not the only reason. I would like that Plot, Kor, however i was thinking of maybe him tricking everyone into thinking he was good ( i think he did this already, because i haven't seen the 7th lbt movie in a while) and still be at his old ways, but actually learn something for real in the end.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Pterano is certainly one of the most interesting guest characters and one with the most potential for another story while at the same time there seems to be more of a barrier (five cold times) to his return than in case of other characters.
Except for the scenario of a Mysterious Beyond story involving Pterano (a good possibility) there may be circumstances which would allow for him to be (at least temporarily) accepted though not welcomed to the Great Valley. On the one hand I was thinking that perhaps "The Great Day of the Flyers" was to be a meeting of more than just the Great Valley Flyers and that there might be a chance of a temporary suspension for that (and only for that) occasion. This didn't turn out to be the case.
There could be a situation in which the inhabitants of the Great Valley need Pterano either for something he knows (e.g. something he saw outside the Great Valley) or simply because they are in a situation where they need every hand, foot, horn, and wing they can get; and maybe both of the above.
I think a story about Pterano and a rehabilitation of him should not make it too easy for him. Not only would he face distrust and reservation from most dinosaurs (including his sister), but he would have to "act good" in spite of this. What I think would work out really well is a scenario in which he is tempted again. It would be all to easy for him to just save somebody or even to prove his courage in a perilous situation.
I don't think his courage in peril is really the main question about him.
He did leave his followers behind, but the main alternative would have been that he would have died along with them. His main mistake was committed earlier (not making sure that the way was save) and later (total denial of any blame).
I think that Pterano ought to be tempted. A situation where he could easily get personal advantage, but at the expense of his personal integrity (though others may not even know about it). That would be a test of character rather than courage and would show Pterano's nature.
I don't think Pterano as a character who is good or bad only that's what makes him particularly interesting. He might change from his ways in some respects, but I don't think that he would or should abandon all of his characteristics.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is part of why I mentioned it would be interesting for him to return.  Though instead of one of the gang he'd better to be the or one of the focus characters.  The whole temptation, having to prove himself, not being trusted, ect, could be a very interesting story and movie indeed.

While it would be nice to see certain other movie characters appear he is one of the ones that could bring along a very interesting and very good, maybe complex, plot as well, instead of the typical you know what to expect plot.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Good insight everyone!!! I never really thought of those scenarios before!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pteranofan,Apr 15 2008 on  06:48 PM
Would anyone like to see him come back? Maybe in the series or another sequel?

I'd like to see him back.
Well, I don't know if he'll oficially come back, but I was thinking about a Star Trek Voyager/LBT crossover story where Voyager makes it home, just over 65 million years early! The Borg follow them, attempting to assimilate Earth in its early stages, but crash somewhere in the Valley. Pterano has just come back from the Mysterious Beyond, and just after he returns, the bridge crew of Voyager beams down, and meet the Great Valley inhabitants. Pterano mysteriously disappears, and the Voyager crew is blamed. In reality, however, Pterano has been assimilated by the Borg, and has formed a new collective in his quest for power.

what do you think? Sorry, I know it's off-topic.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
That sounds like it would make a great fanfic! :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Jedi472 I only have this to say.....

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!

That would be an awesome fanfic...and I LOVE Voyager as well...And Pterano merging with the Borg sounds like something he'd do.

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
In fact you could have Pterano's first two test subject's, end up being his former partners Rinkus and Sierra. That if you like that for a idea?

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,May 2 2008 on  11:23 PM
Jedi472 I only have this to say.....

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!

That would be an awesome fanfic...and I LOVE Voyager as well...And Pterano merging with the Borg sounds like something he'd do.
Thanks, guys! I'm still trying to finish A Jedi's Destiny, though...BTW, how do you think it's coming?