The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Theories

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Well, anything is possible, but this is one of those cases where I'd have to respectfully disagree with you...  I've always seen it as Earth, just a really super long time ago - and I'm a full-blown Creationist.  Then again, let's all try to remember that it's merely a cartoon, before we all get carried away...  So, yeah, I'm just gonna have to leave it at that, and go by what I do know, based on the series, and the narrator.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm surprised Malte hasn't written a five page essay here yet.
On the one hand I have a lot of things to deal with at the moment, cutting my GOF time and on the other hand I don't expect anything I say in this to be minded much. Everyone knows my stand on types of fanfiction and other matters addressed in this thread. For lack of time and effect it may sometimes be just less futile to keep mum.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Schoolwork takes up the time of many members here.  

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah...  I remember when it used to take up my time...  I'm glad that's over with now...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Apr 16 2008 on  06:42 PM
I can't remember where where I posted it, but I have a unique theory about the rainbowfaces:

Thousands of years ago, they were living just like all the other dinosaurs in the world. However, they had such great intelligence and imagination that they developed civilization. Eventually, the dinosaur world resembles the human world, except in place of humans are rainbowfaces (and maybe a few of other kinds). Then a series of catastrophes strike, which turn out to be the result of the existence of civilization. The civilized dinosaurs decide to leave the planet, becoming citizens of space. The others that chose to stay behind go back to the old, uncivilized ways. Virtually every trace of civilization disappears after no more than a thousand years.

I know, this theory is very complex. Unique, but complex.
I got the idea for my theory after I watched a program on the History Channel called 'Life After People'. It was about what would happen to everything humans created if everyone on the planet were to suddenly disappear. Wood rots, steel rusts, concrete crumbles. After only one or two thousand years, the only remaining traces would be massive stone structures, and there's really not that many in the world. Eventually, millions of years of erosion would cause even stone structures to disappear.

One day, I thought, 'if human civilization could disappear that easily, why not other civilizations?' For all we know, many civilized creatures may have come before us, and we would very likely never know about them. When I thought about LBT, the rainbowfaces seemed to fit this idea perfectly, so long as enough time had passed. The age of the dinosaurs lasted millions of years, and it only requires a few thousand years for virtually all traces of a civilization to disappear due to the forces of nature, so time wasn't a problem for the theory.

Who knows, my theory could inspire some fanfiction. One possible idea is that the gang discovers an ancient structure built thousands of years ago, and they explore it to find out who built it.

I know, it seems kind of strange for me to be quoting myself (even to do it twice at once), but this is a very interesting theory that I had come up with, and some people here agree with me on how interesting it is. It's been such a long time since I've even mentioned it that I'm curious to see what some of the newer members here think about it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thousands of years ago, they were living just like all the other dinosaurs in the world. However, they had such great intelligence and imagination that they developed civilization. Eventually, the dinosaur world resembles the human world, except in place of humans are rainbowfaces (and maybe a few of other kinds). Then a series of catastrophes strike, which turn out to be the result of the existence of civilization. The civilized dinosaurs decide to leave the planet, becoming citizens of space. The others that chose to stay behind go back to the old, uncivilized ways. Virtually every trace of civilization disappears after no more than a thousand years

The idea is an interesting one but it seems too complecated, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.  First off for a race that advanced it would take tens or hundreds of thousands of years for all traces to dissapear.  Plus it wouldn't be possible for a race to advance past what we would consider 18th century tech.  As much as we have grown to hate them we have them to thank for the past 200 years of advancment, and the massive stores of oil, natural gas, and coal we have today just would not have existed than, they were just being created.  Technaclly we're burning Littlefoot and co in our cars everyday (sad  :cry I know, also not a 100% factual but the fossile fuels still wouldn't have exsited)

My theory is a bit simpler, martians.  Sounds crazy at first but many theories suggest Mars would have been habitable, if dying, during the time of the dinosaurs.  An advanced enough race would absolutly visit earth, just like we visit mars today.  If they beleived enough in non-interference, but still had a curiosity that even approched the level of our own, they would have done exactly what the rainbow faces did.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Feb 8 2009 on  02:34 PM
The idea is an interesting one but it seems too complecated, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.  First off for a race that advanced it would take tens or hundreds of thousands of years for all traces to dissapear.  Plus it wouldn't be possible for a race to advance past what we would consider 18th century tech.  As much as we have grown to hate them we have them to thank for the past 200 years of advancment, and the massive stores of oil, natural gas, and coal we have today just would not have existed than, they were just being created.  Technaclly we're burning Littlefoot and co in our cars everyday (sad  :cry I know, also not a 100% factual but the fossile fuels still wouldn't have exsited)
I am interested to see you pointing out possible flaws with my theory, flaws that I will, obviously, try to disprove. (Yes, I have pointed out multiple times that my theory is quite complicated, but if you take the time to understand the facts, it can make sense.)

First, the time required. The age of the dinosaurs lasted  well over 100 million years, and since we have no idea when the events of LBT occur, this is more than enough time to allow my theory to be plausible.
Second, I am well aware of the necessity of fossil fuels to allow an advanced civilization to develop. Geology is among the somewhat interesting topics to me, and from it I know that most of today's fossil fuels formed during the Carboniferous period, which was no less than 100 million years before the age of the dinosaurs. This means they might not have as much available as we do, but likely enough to get by.

- Berix

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
ahhhh, true, my mistake.  I suppose it is possible than.  Hmmmm.... Can't think of any other holes in ur theory right now, so it is plausible.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I might have a theory, but its probably unlikely.. Remember the struthiumimus(However you spell it) that tried stealing littlefoots egg in movie 1? What if that was Ozzy or Strut(Probably Ozzy).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could have been, a teen or young adult version maybe.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I might have a theory, but its probably unlikely.. Remember the struthiumimus(However you spell it) that tried stealing littlefoots egg in movie 1? What if that was Ozzy or Strut(Probably Ozzy).
I must disagree with that theory for this reason:

If that was Ozzy, that would mean that Ozzy would have likely been following the moving herds, trying to snatch eggs whenever he could.  I don't believe this to be true because in LBT 2, we hear, near the end of the movie, the grownups are clearly shocked to hear about "Eggnappers??" in the Great Valley.  Now, why would this be so shocking if Ozzy had followed them all the way there?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
then again look at the credits, we can see an eggnapper in a cave that could be the same cave littlefoot and the gang followed them too. And what Ozzy said "I like this place. yes, yes i like this place alot!" that could mean they too arrived to the great valley recently too. and if the eggnapper that tried to steal littlefoots egg was Ozzy then he probably stayed quite a ways away after the tail whip littlefoots mother gave him. then he probably found littlefoot some time after the battle between the sharptooth and his mother (Probably where littlefoot first met ducky) and heard littlefoot talking to ducky about the great valley and thought "Maybe thats where the herd might be, and where there's a heard, theres eggs.. I think i might stay close to them for a while."

But as i said, probably unlikely. but hey, imagination works, right? :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be.  Though more likely it was some npc eggeater.  One could just as easily say it was Ozzy.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The looks were extremely different though, not just color wise but also the LBT 1 eggsnatcher had some kind of bumps on the arms. As LBT 2 wasn't even dreamed of by the time the original movie was made it can be taken for granted that the producers did not have that idea in mind.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The arm bumples could have been with the way they were drawn, like sharptooth. that one had bumples yet in the rest of the movies, no bumples. Another example is Secrets of N.I.M.H, The Great Owl and Nicodemus
the reason for the coloring might probably be from the time of day, or like Kor said:
Quote from: Kor,Feb 8 2009 on  09:38 PM
It could have been, a teen or young adult version maybe.

But then again, almost all Struthiumimus look the same. Take the herd of egg nappers in the 4th movie for example, clone war of Ozzy.. which could arise as another theory.. :confused  :slap Although it has a greater possability for Ozzy to be in that same herd in the 4th movie (if he and strut did escape chompers parents..) then him stealing littlefoots egg in the 1st. heck, he could be the leader of the herd! :smile  Still, there is a possability for movie 1.  :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm reviving this topic because I want to know what some of the newer members think of my theory about the Rainbowfaces from LBT 7. (I'll soon be starting an RP based on that theory) For those of you who are too lazy to find it in this topic, I'll quote myself, again.

I can't remember where where I posted it, but I have a unique theory about the rainbowfaces:

Thousands of years ago, they were living just like all the other dinosaurs in the world. However, they had such great intelligence and imagination that they developed civilization. Eventually, the dinosaur world resembles the human world, except in place of humans are rainbowfaces (and maybe a few of other kinds). Then a series of catastrophes strike, which turn out to be the result of the existence of civilization. The civilized dinosaurs decide to leave the planet, becoming citizens of space. The others that chose to stay behind go back to the old, uncivilized ways. Virtually every trace of civilization disappears after no more than a thousand years.

I know, this theory is very complex. Unique, but complex.

I got the idea for my theory after I watched a program on the History Channel called 'Life After People'. It was about what would happen to everything humans created if everyone on the planet were to suddenly disappear. Wood rots, steel rusts, concrete crumbles. After only one or two thousand years, the only remaining traces would be massive stone structures, and there's really not that many in the world. Eventually, millions of years of erosion would cause even stone structures to disappear.

One day, I thought, 'if human civilization could disappear that easily, why not other civilizations?' For all we know, many civilized creatures may have come before us, and we would very likely never know about them. When I thought about LBT, the rainbowfaces seemed to fit this idea perfectly, so long as enough time had passed. The age of the dinosaurs lasted millions of years, and it only requires a few thousand years for virtually all traces of a civilization to disappear due to the forces of nature, so time wasn't a problem for the theory.

Who knows, my theory could inspire some fanfiction. One possible idea is that the gang discovers an ancient structure built thousands of years ago, and they explore it to find out who built it.

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I read your theory the first time you posted it in this thread, and my first reaction was, :slap “Why the heck didn’t I think of that?!” (And I’ve seen Life After People myself!)
Needless to say, I think it’s a brilliant theory; I certainly like it a lot better than the idea of the rainbow faces being shapeshifting extraterrestrials (though that was probably closer to what the makers of LBT VII had in mind <_<).

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's a neat idea and it can fit.  They don't really say what they are so they could be really rainbowfaces, just from some advanced society on another world, instead of et's, or they could be et's.