The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got Questions? Ask The Chronicler

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
First person I've seen so far to not give a 9/10 for the GOF. Just an observation by the way. :)
If I was asked to rate the GOF personally, I would've also gave it a 9/10 to be honest.

Have you done any homemade cooking before?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
What book, movie, video game, etc. do you most wish you could forget, only so you could experience it for the first time all over again?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I'm not an outdoors person at all, so I would prefer neither, but if I was forced to chose one over the other, I'd go with fishing (which I've tried only once before in my entire life), as I'm just too out of shape to do much hiking.

2, First of all, a major reason why I didn't give it a rank quite so high is because I've been here for so long that most of the members I became close with have since moved on to other things, and thus it feels like I've been left behind and struggling to really connect with any of the current generation of members. As for your question, my dad has occasionally helped me with a few attempts, but I guess I never had enough interest for those lessons to really stick.

3, I would prefer to put a different spin on that particular question: to also go back in time and experience it for the first time again with everyone else. My answer in that case would be Bionicle, which started in 2001, but I didn't really get into the storyline until late 2003. I especially would've liked to have been able to play that Mata Nui Online Game as it received new updates every month, rather than play through the whole thing in one go as it became in the years after that first year.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
How do you feel about the surf rock genre of music? :PCera

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like to read at all? If so, what are some good (or bad) books you've read lately? :)littlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your preferred decade of music?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I am unfamiliar with that genre (if I've heard it, I couldn't properly identify it), so I can't give an opinion on it.

2, I definitely enjoy reading, though I've been so preoccupied with reading fanfiction online these days that I haven't read many actual books recently. I do some volunteer work at the local library every Wednesday, mostly just making sure all the books are properly organized on the shelves. Sometimes, as I go through the nonfiction section, I come across something interesting and read a few pages from it before moving on with my work.

3, I don't have much particular interest in music, though I suppose most of the ones I'm fond of come from the 80s and 90s.

4, Back when I finished high school and went on to college, my dream job was to work in aerospace engineering. My lifelong greatest fascination has always been space exploration, and I wanted to contribute to what could ultimately save all of humanity. However, after I finished college, reality started setting in that perhaps I might not turn out to be so content in such a career after all. These days, after being obsessed with all things Lego over the last few years, I suppose my new dream job would be something associated with Lego.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you have phobias of anything in particular?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I definitely have had a severe phobia of dogs for as long as I can remember. Even something as minor as the jingling sound of a dog collar is enough to get my heart racing. I remember many times whenever my family and I visited some of my cousins that they would have to lock their pet dog away just so I could be willing to even set foot inside the house. Good thing my mom has always been more of a cat person, anyway.

2, My most common reaction to that is to simply refuse to speak up to anyone, and preferably get away from others and lock myself alone in a room for a while. I always try to avoid dealing with such issues whenever they come up, but if someone tries pestering me repeatedly despite my warnings, I have been known to react quite violently.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What are the little things in life that would make you happy?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Just the assurance and piece of mind that everything around me continues to work exactly as they should. Basically, all the modern conveniences that many of us take for granted remaining completely functional day after day is what I would consider a little thing in life to keep me happy.

2, Yes! Absolutely! Definitely! Earlier generations of people may have been content with traveling around the world and call the experience living a full life, but in only the last few decades, there has just been an explosion of new things to experience. Tons of books to read, tons of movies and TV shows to watch, tons of video games to play, quite frankly one of my biggest concerns regarding mortality is that I fear I'll never have enough time to take in all this content I'm so interested in. In addition, I'm just so curious about learning the full story of everything around me, I actually would welcome the chance to stick around forever and watch how the world and the universe will change over time. While some might consider immortality a curse that forces you to eventually lose all your friends and family, I would actually call that an acceptable trade-off for the opportunity to have all the time I could ever ask for to experience everything I want to experience and personally witness just how far humanity will really go in the future (as well as offer future generations a personal account of what life was really like for us back in these days).

3, Definitely a night owl. In recent years, it's become so extreme that I'm actually overlapping with my dad the early bird (which means there's never a moment in this house where everyone is asleep at the same time). I've intended to go back to something less extreme over the last few years, but all my efforts thus far have been quite futile.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:57:56 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Did you ever had any moments where you just randomly say something so dumb and illogical?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As a kid, what did you want to be when you “grew up?”

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Not that I can immediately recall, at least not any specific moments. I'm sure that whatever times it did happen, it was usually from failed attempts to get involved in a conversation.

2, I used to watch NASCAR races when I was kid, so it was natural I'd want to one day be a stock car racer. I gave up on that dream long ago, replaced with my fascination for space travel to want to become an astronaut. As I reached my teenage years, that dream was adjusted as I faced reality and figured a better place for me in space exploration would be at mission control. These days, I just can't see myself doing any of these things.

3, Math was typically one the school subjects I tended to do best at, so it should be no surprise that I enjoy it. I've always been quite obsessed with making sure I get things just right, and the logical outcomes of mathematics assured me that, so long as I followed the process correctly, I'll always get it right.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of reality TV shows?