The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Last Few Weeks of School

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I only have a few more weeks of school left, and it has not completely sunk in for me. I'm sure once June comes around it will, but for now I still can't believe it's happening. I felt like posting this here because I want you guys to see just how excited I am for this. If this is considered spam, then oh well :blink:

Tomorrow night is my final spring choral concert with my concert choir. Obviously, singing has been such a big part of my life, so this is going to be so depressing for me to sing this last concert. It's also going to be my favorite because I have a solo for the first time in four years of being in concert chorus. We are singing a medly of the musical Bye Bye Birdie, and I get to sing a solo for "Kids" which I absolutely love the song because it's so hysterical. We also get to sing "Aint No Mountain High Enough" which is such an awesome song!

While that is my last concert chorus show, it's not my last singing thing altogether. Next Tuesday is my honors concert with the chamber singers, which I am really excited for. We are singing a pop song known as "Hide and Seek". It is such a hard song, much harder than when we sang Bohemian Rhapsody last year.

The main thing I"m excited for is on Wednesday, June 10, is our Baccalaureate Ceremony. It's kind of like a mock church service, except without the religion, and it's another way to bring the seniors together before graduation. Well, the chamber singers have to perform some solo's/duets/ quartets etc... as a request of the head parents. Well I'm singing in a quartet, and the song we are singing is none other than "If We Hold On Together"! I found an arrangement for it and we are singing it! I feel like I am representing GOF with that performance, so if I can I will post a link to it when we do sing it.

I feel like I've been ranting on already, so I'm going to stop now and update it later. This is what I'm dealing with as my final year of high school comes to an end, and I can't wait for any of these things!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice :D!  Have fun and enjoy it while it lasts.  It really hit me after my final choir performance, which was at the graduation ceremony.  We sang "Remember Me This Way" (theme from "Casper") followed by the graduation song.  I really miss being in choir :yes.  Well, enjoy it ;).

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I know exactly what your feeling right now!  Last week sucked but now that my Bio AP exam is over I'm coasting through this last month.  I get to skip school tomorrow thanks to the Macro AP exam (which I'm not the least bit worried about) and friday I get to start life as a post-AP senior (a.k.a. NO WORK AT ALL!!).  Life rules right now!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
At my US-graduation (2002) we sung "These are the special times". I had also suggested "If we hold on together" for the occasion, but unfortunately it had been sung by the class of the previous year already. I remember that after the presenting of the diploma I made the blunder of leaving the gym through which people were only meant to enter, but not to exit. Perhaps that blunder was quite fitting though as i still had to complete school back in Germany :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congratulations, I'm sure things may seem different once you are through this.  Seems like a great time, with maybe some sadness mixed in also, but great things will also be occurring also.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Congrats on the accomplishment.  Its a memorable time to leave the grade school world and onto other things.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Congrats LBTFan13!

I will admit I'm not 100% savvy on what stage of your acedemic career Grade School equates to over here but still, it's a grand time for you to reflect on what you've learned and experienced so you may then look to the future and greener pastures further afield! Well done mate ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the time is approaching for a wild party.  :DD

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh there will be many parties to have!

Tonight is the night! My graduation ceremony is in 3 hours! I am so excited that it has finally come!

Wednesday was my baccalaureate ceremony, and If We Hold On Together was amazing! We sounded so well together and I'm so excited it went well. Hopefully it is posted on the school website so I can show you guys.

Anyway, all my hardwork has paid off, and after tonight I AM FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Same here. My high school graduation ceremony is also tonight! :D After that, I'll be a little busy on the following weekend, so don't be surprised if my activity here is limited for the next two or three days.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jun 12 2009 on  01:46 PM

Wednesday was my baccalaureate ceremony, and If We Hold On Together was amazing! We sounded so well together and I'm so excited it went well. Hopefully it is posted on the school website so I can show you guys.
Should it end up on the web, lead us to it. :D

Congrats to all have worked hard to graduate! :yes  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrads again.  I'm glad that it went well.  Do you have video of it?  Some folks may like watching that from time to time.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just came back from my graduation ceremony. I won't go into details (like I always do), but I will say what the effects of this event will be. Now that I'm out of high school for good, it's time to take my life in my own direction. Truthfully, I'm still unsure about this. I'm always used to following the path that was set for me, and choices that were few and little were favorable. Now, with so many paths to choose, I really have little idea on what to do. I haven't even applied to any colleges yet! :o At least I have a rough idea of where to go. I'm planing to follow a career in aerospace engineering, particularly to design spacecraft. I'm choosing this career because I feel that it's a good combination of my huge interest in astronomy and my excellent skills in math and engineering.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jun 12 2009 on  08:51 PM
I just came back from my graduation ceremony. I won't go into details (like I always do), but I will say what the effects of this event will be. Now that I'm out of high school for good, it's time to take my life in my own direction. Truthfully, I'm still unsure about this. I'm always used to following the path that was set for me, and choices that were few and little were favorable. Now, with so many paths to choose, I really have little idea on what to do. I haven't even applied to any colleges yet! :o At least I have a rough idea of where to go. I'm planing to follow a career in aerospace engineering, particularly to design spacecraft. I'm choosing this career because I feel that it's a good combination of my huge interest in astronomy and my excellent skills in math and engineering.
I wish you luck in going into that field.  No need to make a quick decision, you can take time to think over what colleges to apply to, which one or ones you'd like go to ect.