The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Embarrassing

Nimrod · 268 · 36060

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
yeah. they said since i was never going to watch them again, which was a lie, they figured i didn't need them anymore.

oh well. at least i have them on my computer

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
yeah. they said since i was never going to watch them again, which was a lie, they figured i didn't need them anymore.
So your parents were not aware that you are still watching LBT when they sent the movies away? :huh:
In that case I suppose it is not right to "blame" your parents. Couldn't you just tell them that you want to keep the movies? That you still like them?
If you couldn't admit to your parents that you still like the movies it is not like they were "forcing" you to anything.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jan 20 2008 on  05:31 PM
they even went to the extent of shipping my movies to my younger cousin. i was so mad inside that they did that :cry2

lucky for me, i found the bittorrent file for all the movies, so now i'm happy :DD
thats tiet just cos you like/love LBT does'nt me that your still a little kid

Hedgehog

• Ruby
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hedgehog,Jan 20 2008 on  06:44 PM
i dont think LBT is for little kids
Really? What makes you say that? I thought LBT was intended to be watched by little kids.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've always felt embarrasd about liking Land Before Time, except when the other person does as well. Lucky for me I gave it up right about when I started high school, and redicovered it some time afterwards. High School is not a place to have weaknesses like that.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I felt somewhat uncomfortable watching LBT 9, which I had copied and never watched for about 2 years and I am considering getting LBT 7 (Stone of Cold Fire).

My parents are fine with it.

In the words of Warren G. Harding, "It's not my enemies that keep me up at night, it's my damn friends!"

I NEVER told anyone about LBT, EVER.

I made the mistake of telling a "friend" that I was a furry and he immediately turned on me. Later he wanted to be my friend again and this was my response: "Screw you! If you cannot accept me as a furry, why the hell should I  accept you as a friend?"

And a clerk insulting me for buying LBT (unlikely since I'd probably borrow it from the library) would get an earful.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, I was embarrased about being a LBT fan even when I was young. Iw as going through that period in life where you're still a little kid but you're desperately trying to prove that you're not a little kid. I'd always thought that LBT was a kids show, and nobody older than 10 liked it. Mom had always tried to make me feel better, once she gave me a pamphlet proudly proclaiming across the front: "THE MOST POPULAR MOVIE SERIES EVER IS BACK!!!" I'm not sure how much it helped, but at least it made me feel like I wasn't alone.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are likely some things that some may find  embarrassing if some others knew about them.  It would not be needed if more folks were mature.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The only things I'm embarrassed about are:

LBT

My Messy Room :lol

My embarrassment of LBT is fading, but it's long from gone sadly.  There are too many A holes out there. -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not embarrast because I am an LBT fan. I also like stuff like pokÈmon and my friends know it, they might laugh about it sometimes but hey they have got their crazy stuff too. My parents had me watch the movies when i was like 3. And when I was with my nephew we always watched LBT 6 together, I liked cera's little nieces.. I've always been fan of it and I think I always will be:D

My parents respect it... :)

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't remember when i first took a liking to the land before time, but i DO know i also took interest in it again at the age of 13. yet i am still that age :lol: I was watching TV as i would normally do, and i saw the TV series of LBT, which i did not know existed. As i watched it, it brought back memories to me and i just took a huge liking to it again. None of my family knows i watch it, but i feel no need to tell them. I haven't told any of my friends at my school that i watch it and i don't know if they do or not, but i still have a little fear of embarrassment if i did tell them, yet i hope one day i will overcome this fear and be proud of still liking it. It seems each day i grow more confident in showing no embarrassment of liking it :yes
I am very highly developed For my age, yet i still like a lot of cartoons i've come to know in my life.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it is silly that some say you should not watch something because it is meant for this or that age.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Not at all.
I'll have it playing on the TV for background entertainment and my mom will come in and be all "Oh hey! That's the Land Before Time." or "You really like this movie, huh?"

So no, Im not embarassed to show people, tell people that I adore the movie.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I was re-introduced by a friend, who was saying how they really wanted to watch the original again, so I wasn't alone. Also I had a few friends who remebered it with a "Oh yeah that was great!"

Fortunately in my school I was already well-known and liked, even if people did know I was a bit weird they'd have no qualms about asking me for help on Stats coursework or anything. My friends all considered me a bit off the wall anyway (which I don't mind, it's true after all!) so finding out that I had fallen in love with an old childrens film only brought shakes of the head, in a friendly manner.

For these reasons I made no atttempt to hide all of this. In fact I almost immediately changed my picture in messenger to Ducky, and set a LBT quote as my personal message.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is great y'all love LBT :yes.  I never did mention it growing up until this guy friend of mine squealed to a doublecrosser who had pretended to be my friend.  I had just moved the year before, and y'all know junior high can be tough on a kid, especially a social outcast.  Well, I was quickly becoming popular and even began dating a nice young man.  We dated for two years, but that's just another puppy love story, nothing serious ;).  Anyhoo, my friend became jealous of me dating and spread crap about me.  The only truth was my love of LBT.  I immediately lost my rep I had been working on and was harassed more than normal for the following week.  After that, not another peep was made about it :huh:.  Although I've always been a screwball in nature, I keep a low profile and therefore believe that's why the BS did not last.  I love LBT, hands down.  I always have and always will.  If anyone has a problem with it they can take a hike, 'cuz this gal's stripes ain't changing :yes  :nyah.  As Audioslave puts it, "Just be yourself is all that you can do."  Another quote by Disturbed:"Do not judge what you don't understand.  You can't deny what has been given to me."  It's the truth y'all!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 19 2007 on  03:24 AM
Well, I just bought LBT 6&7 together on one dvd about 2 weeks ago and the cashier was well.....horrible(really wanted to say the B word there :angry: ).  I'll admit that the cover was just terrible and it looked really childish, but they were the same movies! :rolleyes: .

she looked at me when I came up and gave me a strange look.  I handed her the movie and she studied the cover for a while.  There were several people in line so I mentioned that to her after she had spent probably 3 minutes looking at it, not wanted to be rude to the other customers.  She gave me a nasty look and said "ya know what, you really need to get your head out of the gutter and get a life."  I said "Excuse me???" :blink: She said "If you're still obsessed with these, maybe you should go back to the kid section and pick out a few barney movies".  "I'd hate to see movie night ruined by not having the special movie".  Trying to keep my cool, I just said "no thank you.  I'm finished shopping now."  Then she said "ya know, if you want you can hang out with my 4 year old son.  He loves these movies.  You'll have a blast."  I knew she was just trying to get to me so I just ignored her.  Now remember that I only had one item and she still hadn't scanned it.  Then she said "You are so dumb for buying this."  "What are you like 18?"  Then, the manager came over and said "I heard everything that just took place between you and that customer."  The cashier turned to me with murder in her eyes.  I don't know why.  I didn't do anything. :unsure: Then the manager said "we need to talk about your conduct."  Then he called another worker over and ordered him to take over the till and told the cashier that had been rude to me to follow him.  They walked off and I never saw either of them ever again.  Then the new cashier took my order and I walked out, pretty much stunned.  I couldn't believe someone had just treated me like that. :blink:
Now you know why alot of cashiers aren't rude,cause they get fired.

Anyhow I don't think I've ever been embarassed but I do remember once in at a resturant while my family was having dinner with a few friends, I let it slip that I'm a fan of LBT(which is rare because I'm really good at keeping my fandom hidden), and my sister's friend, a redheaded girl just chuckled and said "do you still watch Barney, too", Now that got me but I didn't show it and instead said "no,that would be insane" and she replied saying "then why do you watch Land Before Time" I told her this: "maybe you haven't seen the original, it isn't that childish".

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, really old topic. Yeah, that's how some people can be, although I think her reaction is natural. It's just not that common for a person to hold on to their childhood interests anymore.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well I must say I really don't care about what people think of me anymore.  If they have a problem with me, that's their problem NOT mine.  They can just go cower in a corner and talk to themselves.  I really don't give a s***.  I haven't really said anything about this here because I'm not really *into* it, but I recently downloaded all the Pokemon episodes and movies just for something new to watch.  I was REALLY sick of my current school background because it was just so basic, so I decided to make a really quick Pokemon background of one of the coolest looking characters and applied it to my school laptop.  It's just very simple....took like 5 minutes to make:

I got some crap about it, but I just ignored people and said "whatever" to pretty much everything people said about it.  I really don't care about this sorta thing anymore.  I'm gonna put on an LBT one.  To be perfectly honest, I don't really like this Suicune (spelling?) one very much.  It was just something I threw together 'cuz I was bored.  Honestly, I'd much rather have one of an Absol (spelling?) or Umbreon (spelling?) anyway. :p They're pretty kicka$$.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Everyone knows I'm a bit of a LBT fan, and I couldn't care less.

I'm a bit of a child at heart, so no-one I know is bothered by the things I do or collect.

Besides... what's so embarrassing about owning a kids movie anyway? I got tons of them.  :nyah

(Everyone knows I also have a stuffed animal collection, too ;))