The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Appreciated member Award vote

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Before starting I must once again appologize for a lot of delay in this year's vote. The blame for this goes to me. The start of the vote was delayed to the point where all of the admins were back in work (rather than during the holidays), on externships abroad and adding to that there came some unforeseeable events messing up schedules and spirit (a minor among which was a computer crash deleting a vote result list which had to be remade).
I'm sorry for all that.

We got our votes in and we got the tiebraker votes.
The last step now are the Appreciated member award votes. There are two voters (Pterano and LoyfeCycleProtector) who so far cast five of their eight votes meaning that they must vote in the appreciated member award to qualify for being elected themselves for the appreciated member award.
Candidates for the Appreciated member Award are all the members who did cast at least five (in which case they must vote here to be elected themselves) votes in their previous awards but didn't win any award or runner up award themselves.
This year the candidates for the Appreciated member award are:

jansenov
Kor
LoyfeCycleProtector
Malte279
Nahla
Nick22
Pterano
Serris
The Anonymous Person
The Chronicler
vonboy

The vote will run until midnight (forum standart time) friday 10th October after which at last there will be the long awaited awards :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I shall be the first to cast my vote.

Many of the members listed above are equally deserving the Appreciated Member Award this year. However, I have eventually made up my mind. My vote goes to jansenov. Not only does he show regular activity but his posts are always very good and often well thought about. Besides, he is a nice person to talk to, no matter if you are talking about science, politics, the weather or just anything that comes to your mind.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This was a hard choice for me to make.  Both Malte and jansenov have made excellent contributions to this site, have engaged me in intellectually stimulating conversation, and have generally made my time on the forum a very welcoming one.  However, after thinking about my decision for some time, I have finally decided to cast my vote for jansenov for this award.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I know several of the people on this list, and it's a really hard choice because I feel like they all deserve it, especially Serris who I feel was part of the reason I got into roleplays so much. But in the end, I'm going to cast my vote for Pterano. Over the past year he's been responsible for creating a number of RPs which I've really enjoyed, and he's always a good guy to talk to off the site as well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Another vote where I didn't have an easy time making up my mind. Four of the candidates I had in mind, narrowed them down to two (primarily based on recentness of contact and posts) and finally my vote is partly due to the fact that one of the two remaining jansenov already received a number of votes and is very likely (due to his awesome "appreciatability") to also get the award well deserved that I ultimately decided for the other candidate.
Nick22 has been really very helpful to me handling much of the "invisible" staff work and also (quite recently) jumping into the breach when due to other obligations all the rest of the staff was distracted from keeping the award voting going. He is a perfect gentleman and has on many occasions been an example for the kind and forgiving site of staff work when it came to keeping the ballance between keeping up the board rules on the one hand but doing so by the least restrictive means possible.
For all this my vote for the Appreciated Member Award goest to Nick22.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I withdraw from the vote. Really, really thank you all who voted for me, but please recast your votes for other candidates. My mind is burdened with a number of things, and I cannot take another one.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will not question your decision, Hrvoje. It is sad that you do not take the recognition and appreciation of not only me and rhombus, who voted for you, but also the other members.

Unless jansenov decides to undo his decision, my vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to Pterano. I highly appreciate his contributions to the RP section of the GoF as well as his friendly attitude.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Likewise, I deeply regret that you do not wish to be a candidate for this award, jansenov, but I respect your decision.

Unless jansenov changes his mind, I wish to cast my vote for Malte279 for appreciated member.  As I mentioned in my original vote, he was one of the members responsible for making my time on the Gang of Five a very welcoming one and he has made many excellent contributions to the site despite the time constraints coming from real life obligations.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd like to extend my vote to nick22. He got my vote for Proactive because of everything he does around the forum, so it's only logical to extend that rationale to Appreciated Member.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My vote for this award will go to Malte279. He has been such an excellent member of this community since practically the very beginning, constantly demonstrating just how much of a friendly place this site really is. I honestly don't see how we could be where we are today without his contributions.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought it over and after a few days of thinking it over decided to vote for Nick22 Since I do enjoy the conversations we have on IM.  He is an interesting person to talk to and has run many of the fun rp threads I've been in.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To prevent yet another tie breaking vote and seeing that I received a vote only because of the resigning of jansenov I renounce the runner up for the appreciated member award on behalf of Pterano.