The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Oct 2 2016 on  07:10 PM
I did another search on Dailymotion today and, just as I had anticipated, I only had to wait an extra day for someone to upload the clean and complete version from Netflix (albeit in two parts), so yes, I finally got to see the whole movie in its entirety. I guess this is just another case of patience is a virtue. I'll post my thoughts later this week, once I can find the time to do so.
Well then, I guess it's okay that I couldn't get to screen recording it.  I was at my mom and dad's house today and my nephews were there.  You can guess just how loud they were.  The dogs weren't helping either.

I also couldn't find a good time after that and by the time I did, a thunderstorm started up and I don't want any background noise when I record it.

So yeah, nothing but bad luck here.  Guess I can talk about my screen recorder when I get the chance.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay everyone, here's the deal!  The new episode DID NOT appear in the UK!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/seas...apple-lies.html

It was a rerun of On Your Marks!  Perhaps the rest will lie too!  We'll see!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It would of been awesome if they did air early there so we could see them Early.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
According to rumors I've heard, episode 23 didn't air in the UK today because there was at least one reference to cider. In Europe, cider is always considered alcoholic, so some episodes shown there have to be cut to remove any references to it, so I guess it's for the best that it'll first be seen here in the US after all.

The other episodes are still very uncertain, and to be honest, it's got me quite nervous. I would really much rather that all these episodes be shown in the US first for a few reasons. The first is the possibility of content being cut or altered, as I already stated above. The second is that I'm worried that once the US version does air, it'll be hard to find online compared to the earlier showing. (After all, even though I found a couple of videos on Dailymotion of the Netflix version of Legend of Everfree, most of the search results still show mostly the earlier Brazil broadcast, so it really does seem like the internet works on a first come first serve basis.) Not to mention, there will also be fact that, due to US shows and Europe shows made in slightly different framerates, an American show broadcasted in Europe needs to be played at a slightly different speed to fit the same time slot, resulting in a slightly higher audio pitch.

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but this confusion over foreign broadcasts really gets to me. I personally would have much rather preferred another iTunes leak instead of this.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Episode 25 aired in the UK, everyone!  Get it below!

https://goo.gl/fB8jW1

Of course, we have to wait until tomorrow for part 2.  After that, I will review it.

See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll wait until after the US release to give my thoughts on these episodes (so please try to keep spoilers to an absolute minimum until then). The only reason I decided to actually watch them is because I'm frequently on fimfiction.net, and it's possible some people might post stories related to these episodes, so I figured watching the early releases just once would be enough for me. (But I still intend to watch the American version of these episodes at the same rate I've been watching all the previous episodes.)

By the way, last night as I was keeping an eye on Equestria Daily to see if the episode would air or not, I read some comments and one of the Mods assured everyone that they would still provide streams (and later uploads) of the American broadcast of these episodes, as usual. Plus, the UK broadcast is only available in standard definition, and while I personally don't care much for video quality, there are some people who do care quite a lot, so that gives me hope that videos of the American airing of these episodes may not end up being as hard to find online as I initially feared.

Anyway, now that I've got some time to spare, I should also say my thoughts regarding Equestria Girls, Legend of Everfree.

(spoilers)
Almost right away we see a rather interesting development. Human Twilight is apparently still going through emotional trauma after the incident at the Friendship Games in the previous movie. This is unlike Sunset Shimmer who, while certainly regretful for her past actions, was less concerned for her own well-being and more focused on proving to everyone that she had become abetter person. Of course, Twilight didn't have to deal with the exact same issues Sunset did, but it was rather obvious how much more sensitive Twilight is about what had happened.

So this movie takes place almost entirely at Camp Everfree. In addition to the main seven, many other students from Canterlot High are there, while some other students are notably absent. And everyone, including Celestia and Luna, are wearing more camp-friendly clothes instead of their usual outfits. Plus, some of the background students actually get to speak up a bit (most notably Bulk Biceps).

And of course we have the two new characters, Gloriosa Daisy (camp director) and her brother Timber Spruce. Almost right away, Timber and Twilight develop feelings for each other. Unlike the relationship between Princess Twilight and Flash Sentry, Human Twilight and Timber actually take the time to get to know each other throughout the movie. At least Flash Sentry understands that there are two different Twilights and (after a talk with Sunset) begins to accept that his relationship with the pony princess from Equestria will never work.

Anyway, I really liked how the main seven girls gain new magical abilities while they're at camp. Applejack is super strong, Rainbow Dash is super speedy, Fluttershy can talk to animals, Rarity can create large diamond constructs, Pinkie Pie can turn any sugary object into explosives just by tossing them, Sunset Shimmer can look into people's minds, and Twilight Sparkle can telekinetically move objects. Of course, Twilight's ongoing trauma means that she is the last one to embrace her new powers, and it is only thanks to the support of her friends at the moment her help is needed most.

And finally there's the conflict coming from Gloriosa, who has gone short on funds and finds herself at risk of losing the camp to Filthy Rich. When she discovers a set of magical crystals, she takes most of them and secretly uses their power to help make what she fears to be the final session of camp the best possible, often backfiring in other ways, while Timber decides to cover her actions with "the legend of Gaea Everfree". Eventually, with stress piling up, Gloriosa takes drastic measures and takes all of the magic crystals, turning her into a magical monster with immense power over plants. Naturally, the main seven fight back and take those crystals away from her, returning everything back to normal.

In the aftermath of the incident, everyone gets together to hold a fundraiser to save the camp, with the main seven using their magical powers to help out. And at the end of it all, the seven girls realize that the magical crystals they now possess are the source of their new powers, and will be keeping them. That only leaves the question of where those magical objects actually came from (and we see in the final scene that magic is staring the leak through a crack in the portal).

I really liked watching this. Among the other Equestria Girls movies, I'd rank this as equal with Friendship Games, ahead of the other two. And with the main cast now in possession of incredible powers (almost like a team of superheroes), I'll certainly be looking forward to where this series will be heading next.

(end spoilers)

Also, it was officially announced recently that there will be a Season 7 of MLP, plus there will also be three Equestria Girls specials. All of that plus the MLP Movie means that 2017 is sure to be an epic year for the series.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well let's hope so let's hope that the movie isn't gonna suck and All that hype was for nothing. And that they're not going to destroy it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what?  Screw it!  I'm keeping what I saw with the Season Finale to myself until it airs in the US!  Besides, I've got to get some sleep for tomorrow.  I've got some things to take care of then.

So, see you all tomorrow for my usual stuff for the new episode.

Oh, and hope you had a Happy Smile Day!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
New episode today I'm not going out of order I'm gonna watch them in order so I'll see the end episode Last

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Well, looks like I was wrong once more as to what episode would be airing.  It does not involve Twilight and Rainbow as I thought, but Applejack.  So, get the summary below.

Summary: When Apple Bloom tells a white lie to cover up a mistake, Applejack shares the story of how she came to value honesty after telling a series of lies that almost destroyed the farm and landed the whole Apple family in the hospital.

Some fans speculate this could be a heavy one.  Let's see.  Get the link to the Live Streams below.

Season 6 Episode 23 - Where the Apple Lies Live Stream

As always, expect the online versions later today and my review tomorrow.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll give my two cents also since hasbro Has gone down the suck trail since they're starting to not care anymore and running out of plot ideas.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile