The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 139098

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Uluru - supposedly the largest rock in the world

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Utah-I don't think I have to introduce this state into any dinofans,since it's home to many found fossils,including  Utahraptor ,Troodon,Allosaurus,Apatosaurus,Torosaurus,and Stegosaurus just to name a  few.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hawaii - 50th state to join the United States. It is the only state that was once its own kingdom, until the monarchy was overthrown and the islands were annexed as a U.S. territory in 1898. It is also the only state that is actually growing in land area (not surprising, considering that they're volcanic islands).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Isla Vista - A college town wrapped around University of California Santa Barbara. Raucous parties 7 days a week at all times. I may or may not have been involved in some of them. Most popular for its Halloween 'parties' where enough outsiders infiltrate the town to partake in the drinking, risque costumes and general hedonism that in recent years police action and roadblocks are a regular event.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Apr 6 2013 on  07:24 PM
Hawaii - 50th state to join the United States. It is the only state that was once its own kingdom, until the monarchy was overthrown and the islands were annexed as a U.S. territory in 1898. It is also the only state that is actually growing in land area (not surprising, considering that they're volcanic islands).
currently mainly Kilauea Volcano is responsible for the new land since its erupting since ehm... dunno, but some year in the 80s, the other Volcanos( Mauna Loa, the biggest mountain of the earth btw, is inactive atm)
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Arkhangelsk - A city in northwestern Russia, on the coast of the White Sea. Although people had lived in (and fought over) this area since the early days of Vikings, the present city was founded in 1584 by order of Ivan the Terrible, serving as Russia's only link to sea trade for over a hundred years. During WWII, it was one of the two port cities (the other was Murmansk) through which Allied aid came into the Soviet Union.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kilauea Volcano - A volcano in Hawaii, its responsible for all of Hawaii's new land since its eruptions from the 1980s, the other Volcanos (including Mauna Loa, the biggest mountain of the earth) are inactive at the moment.

(You'll never guess where I got this information; took hours of searching)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oahu - The most populated of the Hawaiian Islands and third largest in land area. 44mi long and 30mi across, it is the 20th largest island in the United States. 75% of Hawaii's population lives on this island, and 75% of those people live in or near the city of Honolulu on it's southern shore. Kamehameha conquered this island in 1795, marked as the start of the Kingdom of Hawaii that would last until the annexation to the U.S. in 1898.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I gotta get us out of Hawaii

Ulan Bator  - One of the oldest cities in the world, it is currently the capital of Mongolia. It's also nowhere near Hawaii in any way.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Rochester - The third largest city in New York state, after New York City and Buffalo. Became one of America's first boomtowns after the Erie Canal opened in 1823. In the 1830s, it was the largest producer of flour in the United States, giving it the nickname of the "Flour City," until later in the 19th century when the flour industry moved westward with the agriculture.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
RomÊ - A duchy in Rome, named after the collective term for the offspring of the city founder, Romulus. (Have fun with this next one! ;D )

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
?sica - A Roman fort whose ruins lie near Haltwhistle, Northumberland. It's function was to protect Haltwhistle Burn, a river crossing Hadrian's Wall.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Avignon - A city in southern France. Best know for once replacing Rome as the Pope's residence for much of the 12th century. The city and surrounding area remained Papal territory until it was annexed by France in 1791, during the French Revolution.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Northumbria was the kingdom of around AD 800 that later became the United Kingdom. It was founded by ?thelfrith, but mythologically its founding is attested to Brutus of Troy.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Amarillo - 14th largest city in Texas, and the largest city in the Texas Panhandle. It's name comes from the Spanish word for yellow. In the 1930s, it was the world's only source of commercial Helium. Historic Route 66 runs through this city.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Okay, Arkansas is an unincorporated community in Howard County, Arkansas, United States with a funny name.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yellow (River) - Also known as Huang He, it is the 6th longest river in the world, and 2nd longest in Asia, after the Yangtze. It is known as "the cradle of Chinese civilization." It has also been nicknamed "China's Sorrow" due to its many devastating floods throughout history. In fact, the two deadliest natural disasters in recorded history (not counting famines or epidemics) were caused by the flooding of this river (2nd worst in 1887, and the worst in 1931, which killed 1 to 4 million people). Its name comes from the appearance of its muddy water. The saying "when the Yellow River flows clear" is basically a Chinese version of the phrase "when pigs fly."

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Willamette Valley - A famous location for anyone who played the classic kid's edutainment game Oregon Trail, this Oregon fruit basket was a popular destination for settlers who traveled west during the mid to late 1800s. The final stretch to the valley required settlers to either brave the Columbia River or the Dalles road.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yucatan peninsula: It's part of the states of Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. Close to Yucatan a huge asteroid hit planet earth 65 million years ago ending the era of the dinosaurs.
Inactive, probably forever.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Aberwyvern castle is a fictitious medieval castle built in 13th century Wales, invented by David Macaulay in order to explain the construction and features of such a fortification in his book Castle. I freaking loved that book as a kid.