The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 137196

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bombay, India
one of the biggest cities in India, its name used to me Bombay but the name was changed to Mumbay a few years ago
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Please read the rules. You're supposed to name a place that starts with the same letter as the last letter in the name of the place in the previous post. I'll just keep going from here.)

Yakutsk - A city in the middle of Siberia, and a major port along the Lena River. It was officially founded in 1632, but never developed into a city until the discovery of gold and diamonds in the surrounding region in the late 19th century. The city's growth was also helped by the forced labor camps that were set up under Stalin.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Krager¯ is a town in Norway. It's sister city is Visby, Sweden. (Have fun finding a place name beginning with ¯! :p)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I had to search through the index of a world atlas, but I managed to find one. :) )

ÿlfjellet - The highest mountain in Norway's Saltfjellet mountain range, consisting of two peaks, one at a height of 5745ft, and the other at 5417. It's name comes from the words ¯l (haze) and fjell (mountain).

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Texas - The place where Fiesta Equestria (a brony convention) is taking place. MY fiance works an a MLP video game, and she's gonna be on a panel featured at the convention! I'm so proud of her!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seychelles - A country that consists of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, just east of Africa. Of all the African countries, it is the smallest in both land area and population. The islands were never inhabited until the arrival of European explorers in the 16th century. It also has one of the coolest flags. Flag of Seychelles

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Saratoga, a site in New York where several Important Revotutionary War battles took place.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Everything ends in A

Abilene, a city in Kansas.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Eryx was an ancient mountain that doubled as a city in Hellenistic Sicily. Kinda of a real-life Minas Tirith, it was founded by a brother of Aeneas and fell during the First Punic War.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuchang -- I had to look one up, but I wanted to move it forward.

Xuchang

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Guantanamo Bay - A boy of water in Cuba, Guantanamo is usually referred to as an American containment camp stationed in the area. It's appeared in American politics numerous times, with several attempts to get it shut down early as 2005. As of March 2013, 166 detainees remain at Guantanamo.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk  

This city has the distinction of switching nationalities thrice in the previous 120 years.  It started as the Russian settlement town of Vladimirovka in 1882, before being transferred to Japanese jurisdiction as a result of the Russo-Japanese War.  As a result of Japan's defeat in World War II, it was returned to Soviet control.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kristianstad was originally erected as a castle erected as a castle against the threatening Swedes in 1614 when the area known today as "Sweden" belonged to Denmark. It was the last city built before the Danes lost the land to Sweden, and only in modern times has become a commercial city.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Du Quoin is a city in southern Illinois.  It is the home of the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds, where the Du Quoin State fair is held annually.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Edit: Whoops. I made a mistake. Misread the rules.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Double post. GAH! Let me try again.
Namsen, a river in central Norway, that is the largest river of Nord-Tr¯ndelag county.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 25 2013 on  06:25 PM
Ytter-Vkna is one of three major islands in the municipality of Vikna in Nord-Tr¯ndelag county, Norway.
You're supposed to start your location with the last letter of the previous location ;)

EDIT: You caught it before I'd even finished posting. Nice recovery!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nauru - Tiny island nation in the Pacific Ocean. At an area of just 8 square miles, it is the world's smallest republic (not counting Monaco and Vatican City), and with a population just under 10,000, it is also the second least populated country in the world (only Vatican City has less). Once had the highest per-capita income in the world, thanks to it's phosphate mines, which have just recently run out.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Udaipur is a city in the state of Rajasthan in India.  It was the final capital of the Mewar kingdom, which later became a princely state under British administration.  It was also referenced in the Jungle Book as the birthplace of the fictional panther Bagheera.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rabat is the capital city, and second largest city, of Morocco. It is located at the mouth of the river Bou Regreg.