The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How often do you go to the movie theaters?

oogaboo · 21 · 2045

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
When I was younger, I use to go to the movies often! But over the years I sorta stopped going to my local AMC theater simply because its gotten too loud and I've had a lot of other things to do. In 2003, the only movie I've ever watched twice in a movie theater was Finding Nemo! :D  I love that movie! Anyway, I rarely go to the movie theaters nowadays. I can just head over to Redbox and pick up a movie to rent. No more outrageous late fees from Blockbuster anymore! :celebrate

So...how often do you go to your movie theater?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
About 3 years ago I used to go with my group of friends every month. It used to be simply our trip together which we could relax at instead of being in school all the time. These days I go to the theatres several times a year still, but not monthly anymore. This year I'll probably go to the theatre for at least: Thor, POTC4 and Harry Potter 7.2, so 3 times.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The last movie I saw in theaters was Pokemon the Movie 2000.  So yeah...11 years ago.  LOL.  I'd much rather just watch movies at home rather than go into a nasty dirty movie theater and pay $20 while having no control over the movie, volume, or other factors.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Once or a few times a year. The main problem for me is that I won't go to the cinema by myself and it is very hard to find someone who will go to the cinema rather than say that he or she already saw the movie online :confused
Seeing that all of the movies you listed sound interesting to me and seeing that we are going to see each other this year, any chance that one or two of the movies you listed might be for us together Iris, Tim, Jay, and Gus?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Not sure, I just go whenever there's a movie I want to see out.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw The Flintstones at a movie theater 10 years ago.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The last movie I saw in theaters was the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie a few months ago. I don't go to the theaters that often anymore, maybe a couple times a year.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 27 2011 on  08:41 AM
Once or a few times a year. The main problem for me is that I won't go to the cinema by myself and it is very hard to find someone who will go to the cinema rather than say that he or she already saw the movie online :confused
Seeing that all of the movies you listed sound interesting to me and seeing that we are going to see each other this year, any chance that one or two of the movies you listed might be for us together Iris, Tim, Jay, and Gus?
Harry potter 7.2 could be an option :) I'm already seeing the other movies with some other friends ^^

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. I do recall that there were a few movies in the last few years that I had wanted to see, but I chose not to because I quickly found out that they were so long that I didn't think I could watch the whole movie without having to take a bathroom brake. That's what the pause button is used for, and yes, that's exactly what I used it for when I later watched those movies on DVD.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I tend to go every Tuesday or so, as I get a discount then, but the price of movies at the theater really makes it such that it's not worth it any other day aside from Tuesday, though I AM considering going to Kung Fu Panda 2's midnight release this week. I haven't been to the theater in several weeks, just nothing really good out. Last time I think was for Rio, which was a pretty good flick.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well I've seen RIo and will be seeing Hung Fu Panda 2 when it comes out..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I don't go into any cinemas because of the following reasons:

-> You can watch a movie only once (if you pay once)
-> Other people get on your nerves
-> It's too expensive
-> It's unhygienic/dirty on the seats/cabins

I only watch movies on DVD because I can watch these movies multiple times (without paying more) and I can pause the movie whenever I want to.

I went to the cinema years ago. I don't even know which movie I saw.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Once at year at most...I'm not a big theater person, and the cost isn't worth my time...about $10 just for the ticket.  Already saw my one movie for the year...POTC 4 on opening day. :D

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hardly, unless there's a flick worth watching.So far I've only went to the cinema once, which was to see POTC4.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
First Transformers movie back in 2007. Last time I was ever in a theater.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rarely.  
40CHF for the two of us (sister and I) is expensive.  That is why we don't go that often since for the whole family it's around 60CHF.  So going to the movies is not really worth it when in a couple of moths we can get the dvd.  Although we did watch Harry Potter:Deathly Hallows Part one in January but that was only for a special treat.  Haven't been since.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twice a week most of the time. But, as some of you know, I work at a movie theater so free passes have me going back again and again. Probably once a week once U have a full time job that isn't at a movie theater.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't go much anymore to the movie theater. I have no time to do so. But maybe once in a while I will pop in and see something.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Depending on what's out.
I normaly go see just about every animated movie out there. I rarely see live action unless it's something that really interested. So basically go to the movies whenever an animated flick comes out.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
There are some live action comic book films out I wanna see. Thor and The Green Lantern. And X Men First class. Some day day I will go see those.