The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 140679

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Northern Cape - One of the nine provinces of South Africa, it is also the largest in area and least densely populated. Many of the diamond mines that South Africa is famous for are located in this province. The Orange River, the longest river in South Africa, flows westward across the province and along its border with Namibia.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Exeter is a city in Devon, England, with a long and rich history. It was rated one of the top ten profitable locations for a business to be based.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Rio de Janeiro - Portuguese for River of January, it is the second largest city in Brazil, third largest in South America, and 6th largest in the Americas. It was the capital of Brazil from 1763 to 1960. It will host the 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2014 FIFA World Cup final match. Among it's famous landmarks are Sugarloaf Mountain and the giant statue of Christ the Redeemer, one of the new seven wonders of the world, atop Corcovado Mountain.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Orange, a past city of Burgundy which was elevated to a principality of the Holy Roman Empire by Emperor Frederick I. It gave its name to the extant Royal House of the Netherlands, until finally being ceded to France. Surprisingly, it was named neither for the color or the fruit, but after Arausio, a Celtic water god.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ejutla District is located in the south of the Valles Centrales Region of the State of Oaxaca, Mexico. Oaxana has many districts; Ejutla is in the Valles Centrales, the only enclave district.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anchorage - The largest city in Alaska and home to about 40% of the entire population of Alaska. It was founded in 1914 as a railroad construction port for the Alaska Railroad. It was hit by the second largest earthquake in recorded history, magnitude 9.2, on March 27, 1964.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Haha, I was just in Anchorage! :p I got back from my cruise today, and it's a beautiful city.

Eagle River, a community within the Municipality of Anchorage and another place I visited on my trip. It was the first checkpoint on the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
RÈunion - A small island in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar and owned by France. Before the 20th century it went through many name changes. It was known as Œle Bourbon (after the royal House of Bourbon) from 1649 to 1793 and again from 1815 to 1848, it was given the name Œle Bonaparte (after Napoleon Bonaparte) from 1801 to 1810, and the current name of RÈunion (commemorating the union of revolutionaries on August 10, 1792) was used from 1793 to 1801 and again since 1848.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Northern Cape - The largest province in South Africa, and yet the one with the smallest population, this province is famous for it's diamond mines, and the Orange River with flows across its border.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I think there's a rule that you can't repeat a location more than once per page, and the one you just used also appears at the top of this page.)

El Salvador - "The Savior" in Spanish, it is the smallest and most densely populated country in Central America. It was one of the five Central American countries that were part of the United Provinces of Central America, the others being Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica. The United Provinces of Central America was formed in 1823, following independence from Mexico, and was dissolved in 1839 into the five countries that exist today.

- Berix

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
rhinelander, Wisconsin- cebtral Wisconsin city, named presumably after the Rhine region of Germany.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Reykjav“k - The capital and largest city of Iceland. With a population of 120,000, it is home to more than a third of the entire population of Iceland. It is believed to be the site of the first permanent settlement on Iceland, established in 870 A.D. The city itself was founded in 1786 as an official trading town. Today, it is the center of the only metropolitan area in Iceland, the Greater Reykjav“k Area, which has a population of 202,000, nearly two thirds of the entire population of Iceland.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kyle Bay, New South Wales - named for Robert Kyle, local shipbuilder, Kyle Bay is a popular tourist location and is home to a wide variety of demographics.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yerevan - The capital and largest city in Armenia. It has been the capital since 1918 and is the thirteenth in the history of Armenia. It is also one of the world's oldest continuously-inhabited cities, dating back to 782 BC. It was under the Soviet Union in the 20th century that it was transformed from a town to a modern city.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
New Old Town, an RV park near Rocky Mountain House and the north Saskatchewan River bank, in Canada. Here's its website, there's not really anything notable about it, but I thought the name was funny.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Newport - 22 states in the United States have a city or town named Newport. There are also places in Australia, Ireland, and England that are named Newport. The largest city in the world with this name is in southern Wales, U.K. The most well-known city of Newport is the one located in the U.S. state of Rhode Island.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Tegucigalpa is the capital city of Honduras and also it's largest city. Interestingly, in the Honduras constitution, the neighboring city of Comayag¸ela is also called the capital city, and so for a time Honduras had two capitals. This was fixed when in 1938 the government declared that Comayag¸ela was a barrio district (i.e. part) of Tegucigalpa.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Albany - The capital of New York State. It was founded by the Dutch in 1614 as Fort Nassau and renamed Fort Orange in 1623. In 1664, it was taken over by the English and renamed Albany in honor of the Duke of Albany. It wasn't until 1797 that it became the capital of New York. Due to it's location at the eastern end of the Erie Canal, it was a center of transportation in the 19th century. It was also one of the ten largest cities in the United States between 1810 and 1860.

- Berix

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Nashville - The capital of the state of Tennessee. It was founded by James Robertson, John Donelson, and a party of Wataugans in 1779, and was originally called Fort Nashborough, after the American Revolutionary War hero Francis Nash. Nashville quickly grew because of its prime location, accessibility as a river port, and its later status as a major railroad center. In 1806, Nashville was incorporated as a city and became the county seat of Davidson County, Tennessee. In 1843, the city was named the permanent capital of the state of Tennessee.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Please read the rules. You're supposed to choose a name of a place that begins with the same letter as the last letter of the previously named place. For example, you said Nashville, so now I have to name a place that begins with E.)

East Timor - Also known as Timor-Leste, it comprises mostly of the eastern half of the island of Timor, the western half being a part of Indonesia. It was colonized by the Portuguese in the 16th century. It declared independence in 1975, but was quickly invaded and occupied by Indonesia. It regained its independence on May 20, 2002, becoming the first new country of the 21st century. Along with The Philippines, it is the only Roman Catholic country in Asia.

- Berix