The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Fair enough my thought are the episode was okay I thought rarity was very annoying in it but she tried to turn herself around. The song wasn't bad I enjoyed the song a lot. I did like the team work in it. So I'll give this episode a 5/10 it's not the best but it was okay.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
I saw "The Perfect Pear" and boy, the FEELS I felt! The episode did a great job of telling how Applejack, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom's parents met and the relationship between them was nothing short of heartwarming! My eyes got watery by the end and I shed some tears!
Definitely one of the best season 7 episodes and the best love story in the series!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes totally agree I shed a few tears myself it was fantastic I loved. So many happy tears I shed from the episode. I loved how they forgave each other in the end what a awesome touch that was.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Perfect is in my top 5 best episodes list. Not quite as good as Twilight's Kingdom but it's up there.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Behold!  The trailer for the upcoming movie that comes to theaters October 6th!

https://youtu.be/t2N7SRBDa2I

Regardless, I'm seeing this one! :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Seen it and a meetup group I'm a part of is gonna go see it also.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
I got REALLY excited upon seeing the video link on YouTube and...
I just sat and stared at the trailer, wondering what to think of it. I had a feeling
of wonder and the opening scene of Canterlot made me feel as if I was in the film!
I actually had to watch the official trailer several times to study the
animation before thinking of it.

I can tell the animation is not exactly complete, as it is still undergoing the last stages
of production, but the fluid action and bright colors made me anticipate the film more!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The animation looks awful it looks like the same animation as Gen3. But I'm still looking forward to seeing it tho with my group in 99 days.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Looks the same as the series proper to me. Either way, I'm gonna see this since this is the pony film I wanted in the first place, not that Equestria Girls crap.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That stuff isn't crap I actually liked the Camp Everfree it wasn't bad at all. It was quite awesome to be honest with you. I loved the songs a lot they where quite good. I loved how we saw the inside of Pinkies mind that was funny.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Sorry for not giving my review on last week's Equestria Girls Special, I pretty much couldn't think of much I wanted to talk about.  Believe me, it was enjoyable, but I'm not sure what I would want to say about it.

Anyways, onto the summary for tomorrow's Equestria Girls Special.

---------------------
Title: Movie Magic

Summary: The Equestria Girls are invited to the film set for the new Daring Do movie.  Rainbow Dash's dream has come true, but when a very rare and important stage prop disappears, the recordings are paused and Rainbow Dash's dream becomes a nightmare, friends from Ponyville decide to find missing item and become characters from the Daring Do movie in real life.
--------------------

This should be fun!  Hopefully I'll be able to review this one.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The big hype is this new movie that comes out in three months can't wait for it

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Well, time for the second special of the Equestria Girls Episodes.  Hopefully I'll be able to actually review it.

Link to the Live Streams below.

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Special 2 - Movie Magic Live Stream

As always, I'll see ya later today for the online version and tomorrow for the review.

Until then, see ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE VERSION~

Well, here it is!  The online version.  Hope you all enjoy!

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Special 2 - Movie Magic Dailymotion Version

I'll see ya all tomorrow for my review!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
So this special takes place at the film studio, where director Canter Zoom (an alumni of Camp Everfree who was briefly seen in the background in the final scenes of Legend of Everfree) has given the main 7 full access to witness filming for the new Daring Do movie (much to Rainbow Dash's excitement).

After splitting up to see all the things that interest them, they get back together to see more of the filming, but a series of problems quickly unfolds. A costume goes missing, a set suddenly collapses, and then the most important props (three idols in the form of a staff, a sword, and an arrow) are suddenly missing. With production of the movie now seriously threatened, the girls realize that someone doesn't want the film to be made, so they set out to solve the mystery.

After a series of events (including the girls being mistakenly put in Power Ponies outfits) Twilight eventually manages to figure out all the clues and sets an arrangement that allows them to catch the culprit trying to takes the missing props off the set. It turns out to be Juniper Montage, the director's niece, and her motive is that she so desperately wanted to play the role of Daring Do that she sabotaged production in the hope that she could drive the actress away and thus would have a chance to take on the role (highly flawed logic, in my opinion). Despite being forgiven by her uncle, she ends up being banned from the film lot, and she gives the main 7 an angry stare as she is taken away by security. Finally, as a reward for saving production, the director gives the main 7 minor background roles in the film (much to Rainbow Dash's obvious excitement).

The fact that this special was mostly about solving a mystery, there were arguably quite a few Scooby Doo references, such as chase scenes with music, splitting up to look for clues, and big eater Pinkie Pie with those candy bars and the big tub of pudding. Not to mention, with the way Juniper Montage left, it's very obvious that she's going to do something very big in the next special.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

Let's skip the pleasantries and get right to it!  Spoilers below!

So, do you like Scooby-Doo?  If you said yes, you might enjoy this one as it does follow a Scooby-Doo formula.

They start with a setting.  Stuff happens.  A mystery suddenly enters the stage.  They split up to look for clues.  Meanwhile, the culprit is in disguise and tries to thwart their every move.  We have a few scenes where stuff is eaten.  Insert chase scene with music in the background.  Final clues come into play.  Culprit falls for a trap and is caught.  Culprit revealed and answer to how it all fits given.  Culprit confesses and is sent away.  Insert happy ending.

The episode follows this to a tee, with some gags thrown in for entertainment value.  As with it being a movie setting, some movie references are thrown in.  I especially liked the Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs reference.

To some degree you really don't see Juniper Montage, Director Canter Zoom's niece, as a likely suspect until the final clue, her having the only key that could lock the room Rainbow Dash was trapped in, comes into play.

Her reason for doing what she did was to have the actress playing Daring Do to leave so she could play the part.  The logic behind that was highly flawed and probably wouldn't work anyways.

Happy ending with the main 7 now playing the part of extra characters in the movie.  Now if Rainbow would just stop her fangasim, they might finish!

I enjoyed it, but it highly depends on if one likes the story formula they went with here.  Next week is the final special!