The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Theories

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that.  They may have gotten to a high tech level and left, there were extinction events or other occurance that could have had them leave and they could return to see, as you say, how the other dinos on their old homeworld are doing.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I glad to see others actually accepting the theory I came up with. Thank you, Threehorn. :yes

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm...  Ya know, I never put too much thought into this before...  I just don't know.  ...Hmm...  Sounds definitely plausible...  Never put too much thought in about it, though I do have a few...  Theories, but most of them wouldn't pan out, I realized...  I don't think they're human...  Especially considering that one of the Rainbow Faces makes an appearance in LBT 11...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you mean the blue face guy, I think he's been in other movies, often just a 1 line type of thing, if I recall correctly his appearing in other movies, though I don't recall.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I used this theory in my fan fic (Twilight Valley).

Perhaps the reason that that The Sharptooth was able to do things that no ordinary T. rex could do as well (leap about 100+ feet straight up) as survive impacts that would have been fatal or crippling for other dinosaurs is because he had been altered by the REAL Stone of Cold Fire.

I admit that this might be pushing it; but what other explaination can there be for, as Wikipedia puts it, his "near-supernatural level of strength, athleticism, and durability"?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could also be an extra tough variety.  Didn't the one in the 6th movie also fall a long distance and get stunned instead of killed?   I know they do this just for dramatic tension and plot reasons, but know knows, there could be many reasons why.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There certainly could.  That's the one thing; the possibilities are almost ENDLESS!  That's the beauty about The Land Before Time; we can all share our theories, and maybe learn one from another...  You can create more fanfiction based around a world that doesn't have as much revealed in this way, as opposed to a world where they tell you _every_ little detail...  Beautiful.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Apr 16 2008 on  06:42 PM
I can't remember where where I posted it, but I have a unique theory about the rainbowfaces:

Thousands of years ago, they were living just like all the other dinosaurs in the world. However, they had such great intelligence and imagination that they developed civilization. Eventually, the dinosaur world resembles the human world, except in place of humans are rainbowfaces (and maybe a few of other kinds). Then a series of catastrophes strike, which turn out to be the result of the existence of civilization. The civilized dinosaurs decide to leave the planet, becoming citizens of space. The others that chose to stay behind go back to the old, uncivilized ways. Virtually every trace of civilization disappears after no more than a thousand years.

I know, this theory is very complex. Unique, but complex.
This sounds like the most logical explanation. Good thinking, man!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That does sound like a good one...
One of my theories from before, stemmed from the lines from "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond,"

You are a part of the Creation
Of all that lies Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

It kind of seemed like, a window into Creationism, but only a little bit.  Of course, this conflicts with the Narrator, who in turn already conflicts with many of my beliefs anyway.  But, yeah, it's only a cartoon...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's been no hint of any previous civilization.  It could have been forgotten, or it could have taken place on another continent, or many thousands of miles away from the Great Valley.   Just because there is an area that develops civilization and technology does not mean the whole planet will.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...A million possibilities...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got the idea for my theory after I watched a program on the History Channel called 'Life After People'. It was about what would happen to everything humans created if everyone on the planet were to suddenly disappear. Wood rots, steel rusts, concrete crumbles. After only one or two thousand years, the only remaining traces would be massive stone structures, and there's really not that many in the world. Eventually, millions of years of erosion would cause even stone structures to disappear.

One day, I thought, 'if human civilization could disappear that easily, why not other civilizations?' For all we know, many civilized creatures may have come before us, and we would very likely never know about them. When I thought about LBT, the rainbowfaces seemed to fit this idea perfectly, so long as enough time had passed. The age of the dinosaurs lasted millions of years, and it only requires a few thousand years for virtually all traces of a civilization to disappear due to the forces of nature, so time wasn't a problem for the theory.

Who knows, my theory could inspire some fanfiction. One possible idea is that the gang discovers an ancient structure built thousands of years ago, and they explore it to find out who built it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I saw that special before. The Rainbowfaces could have a civilization long ago before the LBT movies. It would make a great fanfic Chronicler.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ya know, even my beliefs call something like that into account, so I can dig this somewhat...  I believe that we are the THIRD "type" of mankind.  I believe that the Nephilim and the Anakim came before us (merely called the "Giants" in modern day Scripture)...  They were, similar to us, part of the Heavenly Host, that were kicked out with Lucifer; most believers in the Creator attest that the Earth is only around 6,000 years old; I'd say that, at bare minimum, it's about 10,000.  But then again, this is getting off-topic, so I'll try to bring it back...  My only point in bringing that up, is that I can "dig" that theory, as in, yeah, I know we weren't the first...  There's no way...  That's the only reason why I brought that up.  Now, getting back on topic:

I'm sure that some fanfiction will arise out of it.  Somebody's gonna read that, and go, "Wow; that's good.  I can base an idea off of this, with a pinch from this other theory over here," etc.  Like I said, that's the beauty about something like this; we have almost NO limit as to what we can do...! :DD

EDIT: Now, with something like, say, "The Simpsons," on the other hand...  I wouldn't press it much...  (Can't say luck, 'cause I believe only in destiny.  What is supposed to happen, will always happen, no matter what.  There are no "mistakes;" it's all a part of the learning process.  It was supposed to happen, because it did.  Simple, even oxymoronic (perhaps one of the reasons why I can kind of identify with Ruby so much), yet profound.  Our destinies are always on track, especially if you believe that time itself is merely an illusion, created so that mankind can exist.  We are not omnichrones, after all...)

Something like that - The Simpsons - has TOO MUCH structure for much to come of it - although, maybe some of us could come up with new ideas, better than the original writers...! :lol  :lol  :lol

Hmm, I also have my own "theory," I shall call it, about the dinosaurs, but to reveal it, could put me at risk...  Some things are better left to one's self.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Apr 30 2008 on  04:41 PM
I got the idea for my theory after I watched a program on the History Channel called 'Life After People'. It was about what would happen to everything humans created if everyone on the planet were to suddenly disappear. Wood rots, steel rusts, concrete crumbles. After only one or two thousand years, the only remaining traces would be massive stone structures, and there's really not that many in the world. Eventually, millions of years of erosion would cause even stone structures to disappear.

One day, I thought, 'if human civilization could disappear that easily, why not other civilizations?' For all we know, many civilized creatures may have come before us, and we would very likely never know about them. When I thought about LBT, the rainbowfaces seemed to fit this idea perfectly, so long as enough time had passed. The age of the dinosaurs lasted millions of years, and it only requires a few thousand years for virtually all traces of a civilization to disappear due to the forces of nature, so time wasn't a problem for the theory.

Who knows, my theory could inspire some fanfiction. One possible idea is that the gang discovers an ancient structure built thousands of years ago, and they explore it to find out who built it.
Wow, you really are good at this. It makes me think of all the possibilities there are.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm surprised Malte hasn't written a five page essay here yet. :P:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
If you think about it, who's to say that the LBT universe is set on Earth, 65 million+ years ago? It could be on a different planet for all we know. Similar to the video game Populous the Beginning. There are a lot of Earth-like worlds, but there is NO indication that the location is in the same "dimension" (for lack of a better term).

And as for fan fiction, Time Gate X by Cyberlizard (I loved that fan fiction! SF + LBT + plenty of action = interesting story. I wish you didn't discontinue it. :cry2) appears to be set in the same dimension as ours.

So canonically (neologism), it seems that the LBT universe isn't quite the same as ours (talking dinos anyone? :lol And not to mention the supernatural <Saurus Rock appearing from the ground and lightning seems to be running over the formation>. I also noticed that geological events seem to be MUCH more violent in their world than ours.).

In fan fic, YOU chose where to set it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ahh, contraire...!  In the of the movies, the Narrator specifically states that it IS, in fact, the planet Earth...!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've mentioned, and agree, that LBT is not this earth in the past, but another universe.  As for the formation of Saurus rock, remember that was a story of Grandpa Longneck we were seeing, a tale of the past.  Maybe the distant past.  It may have happened exactly as shown, or it may have been altered over the years.   If you've seen the episode The Spooky Nighttime Adventure you'll see a story passed down that is not totally true.  

It is quite possible the telling was altered over time, humans do that, even without meaning to do so.  It may have been another earth shake that made the ground rise, maybe days, weeks, months, years or even more then years later.  The tellings may have combined the two events over the generations.  

Like with Cera's adding on a bit at the end of the story the grandpa longneck told in the 6th movie.  She may keep that part liking the effects it has on her audience and to her may make the story more interesting when she is an adult and tells it.  The listeners may know know Cera added on that part and generations later it may be thought to have been an original part of the story.