The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's dipping below freezing tonight, in the high 20s. It's 40???? F right now.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The weather over here has settled into a dry and cold pattern.  We have had low temperatures around 20 degrees Fahrenheit with high temperatures in the 40s and 50s.  We were only about 5 degrees away from our record for today's low temperature, which was set way back in 1903.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A little wet weather lately, but at least temperatures this week will be a bit more mild (upper 30s F, lower 40s F). It's nice to be able to leave my bedroom for a few hours and not have it freezing cold by the time I come back.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Storm with hurricane strength winds forecasted to hit the coastal area on Thursday/Friday. Flooding's likely there. Possibly, it 's going to snow.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It has just been announced that my area will be under a Winter Storm Watch starting at 6 pm on Thursday.  Depending on how the storm develops, we could see anywhere from a tenth of an inch to an inch of ice and up to 6 inches of snow, but the forecast models are still quite unsure at this point.  I will be rushing from my evening class to my parent's home on Thursday in the hope of avoiding the treacherous driving conditions.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The temperatures rose into the high 70s over the past few days, but it is supposed to drop into the 50s tomorrow. It might rain, too.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The winter storm has arrived in force.  As of right now, we have about a 1/4 inch of ice on the ground and much more is on the way.  They are calling for as much as an additional inch of ice and up to 8 inches of snow on top of that.  I arrived at the college this morning just to be informed an hour later that classes were to be cancelled.  <_< In the process of driving back to my apartment (only two miles away, thank goodness) from my unnecessary trip to the college I nearly slid off road twice and I noticed several cars that had slid into the ditch.  It irritates me to no end that the late decision of my employer has endangered the safety of my students and my fellow instructors.   :anger

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^yeah, that sucks  <_<

Well, the storm wasn't as strong as expected. Though it brought some snow to my place :) Too sad that it won't last long...

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They really need to make up their minds sooner about canceling classes! Sounds like the roads are in no safe condition! It's just raining pretty steadily here, and in the mid 40s. We MIGHT get snow on Sunday.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the snow is finally tapering off.  We ended up with 1/2th inch of ice and around 10 inches of snow.  Driving conditions should be extremely poor until late Saturday.  Things should be clear and dry for about a day, but then we are supposed to get a bit more ice or snow on Sunday.  :rolleyes

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's snowing here. :) Our first snow of the season. We're not expected to get much, as it's predicted to only be an inch, but it's certainly coming down now all the same. :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No more snow today, but it was much colder than it has been previously.

Interestingly, I never really seem to pay much attention to the weather unless I have to go somewhere outside the house, as I have been much of this month for my temporary job.

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Low stratus since Tuesday... it's annoying

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yet another round of winter weather is moving in to my location.  The meteorologists are calling for freezing rain and up to 3 inches of snow.  That is less significant than the last major storm, but nonetheless road conditions are going to be quite treacherous for a while.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's very foggy. During the day the temperature is above zero and the water evaporates, and during the night it goes below zero and the vapor freezes.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very cold today, down into the single digits (F). At least it's expected to get warmer as the week progresses, with a possibility for rain by Friday.

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it's kinda warm here, condidering that it's supposed to be December  :rolleyes

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
It's been a fluctuate of freezing cold to semi-warm here.  It's really cold today, though.  1 degree Celsius.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It has warmed up into the mid-50s, with the forecast calling for warm temperatures to stay in the picture for the next few days.  I actually have had a chance to open up the windows in my apartment and let the air circulate, which is something that I couldn't have imagined a few weeks ago when we had the snowstorm.  A storm system is supposed to bring in heavy rain over the weekend and then the temperatures are supposed to become more seasonably frigid.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hot as anything.

It 37 degrees,and since Australia actually rarely goes over 40 degrees..yeah it pretty darn hot.