The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is the weather like where you are?

Saft · 115 · 10418

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The wind just picked up again and destroyed several more patio roofs in the neighborhood.  One forecast said we might get snow in our area in the near future.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Having been bunked up and having a ball in Germany for the past 3 days, I returned home in the early hours of last night to hear that the whole of Southern England had been RE-battered by snowstorms. Towns were in gridlock, three of my local towns near to where I live had to be "evacuated". Flights and trains were cancelled, the postal and delivery services have been cancelled. The country's pretty much frozen solid! The problem is that the previous snow that has fallen has frozen over, and a new layer has settled on that. Black ice is everywhere and everyone's been warned not to venture out if they can avoid it by any means. Well...we wanted a white Christmas... :p Guess we got more than we bargained for :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Weather update: It seems there was enough snowfall last night to at least mostly cover the ground. It's actually still snowing right now. I'm not saying I'm excited about having snow here in Vermont, I just find it kind of ridiculous that it came much later than it usually should have. :rolleyes:

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We just got an estimated 1/2 inch snow early in the morning!  Considering I live in the desert, that's a surprise.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Supposed to be cold and windy here.  Not sure about rain.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Its COLD!!!!  But at least it assures us of a white Christmas. :)  So I guess I can live with it.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Big snowstorm last night. The snow on our driveway is over eight inches deep (I was just outside measuring it :P:), and apparently it's going to get worse.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the weather did indeed get worse. There's now eighteen inches of snow on the driveway, and in some parts of the front yard it's knee-deep. Plus, the temperature has been bobbing up and down just around freezing, so it's been wet as well as cold. This means that the roads are probably going to be very slippery once we clear the driveway and get back out on them. :unsure:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Rain. There's hardly any snow left on the ground. Some winter we've been having. <_<

- Berix

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
got about an inch by me, stil waiting for that first real blizzard around here. the last couple storms failed to deliver.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Took me long enough to share this, but on May seventh, it SNOWED where we live. And I don’t just mean a light shower of snowflakes that melted as soon as they hit the ground; we had accumulating snow up here: 4.4 inches, apparently. It wasn’t the first time we’ve had snow up here in May, or even the most (though it is in the top three), but it was shocking nonetheless.

As if that’s not bizarre enough, this was the first year in recorded history in which our town hasn’t seen snowfall in March or April. It was shaping up to be a snow-free spring, and then this happened! :blink:

I have a photo to prove it:

This was taken on Saturday, May eighth, when the snow had already started to melt. (By the end of the day it seemed to be gone from everywhere in town except around our house. :rolleyes) That was the firstóand so far the onlyóday in my life I’ve ever had a snowball fight in May. :lol

By Sunday, May ninth, the snow was completely gone.

P.S. I think the newer  weather topic in the Party Room can probably be merged with this one.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Like usual, here it is bright, sunny and warm, and party cloudy at most.

Chilli18

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Cloudy and almost rainy....i get headache from this weather

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
It rained quite a bit today, but now it's just overcast and cold.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It's cloudy, but I'm in Texas, and when it rains in Texas in the summer, as it did recently, it-gets-HOT! Painfully HOT!

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Right now it's rainy and cloudy and gray and depressing. A great day to be inside!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dark....oh so dark....well....it is night time after all.....and at 6 o'clock as well XD

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How could I have forgotten to mention this for a week!? :slap

Last Monday, on Memorial Day of all days, it was actually smokey outside, due to wildfires from Canada. (if I remember correctly) To me, it smelled like a campfire outside for most of that day.

- Berix