The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 83574

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
So it's been a while since I last posted in the RP, mainly because my main interaction has been with GreatValleyGuardian and he seems to be MIA at the moment.

I'm just going to post that my characters left the current scene, so anybody please feel free to start interacting with my characters, especially Rob since he's going to be feeling kinda lonely because of all that's going on around him.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey guys, just to let you all know, we might have a pontenial new player coming in. The member, vonboy, posted in the RP recently and I directed him in the right direction to ask if he could join or not. Seeing as it's not up to me, I can't make the decision, I'll let Rat lady do that.  But, I'm just giving you guy's a warning so if he posts here, you'll have some early notice. ;)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, can I join? I don't know what species of dinosaur I want to be able to turn into. Right now, I was just going to have it where I can't turn into a dinosaur, or at least I don't know how to yet.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to join. We always enjoy bringing new players into the RP, and Amy is very chill and cool to work with, so you'll be fine ;)

If you need any help with figuring out your character you can always ask one of us to help you out.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^^Thank you LBTDicionius for directing vonboy here. It's important that all members read this thread and its rules before entering the rp.

*puts on RP GM hat*
Hey vonboy, and welcome to the Role Play Discussion and Members Meeting the Characters thread! This is the topic to ask questions you have of the rp, make comments, plans, and read and review the rules here.

I'll just copy and paste the rules on the first page so you can get started.

1. Post no more than two times a day.

2. Play as yourself, either in the form of a “dinosona” (a dinosaur version of yourself) or as your regular human self. You may switch between the two forms, or stay in one form the whole time. You can even change to different dinosaur species if desired or believe it would make a nice plot point.

You can post your bio of yourself in this link:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...?showtopic=6357

3. You can't control another person's character unless you have their permission, other then that, stick to your own characters.

4. The maximum of characters doesn't really matter right now.

5. You may use an OC as one of your characters.

Now I'll copy and paste the amount of the canon characters that are not played at the moment:

1. Hyp

2. Nod

3. Mutt

4. Hyp's dad

5. Dinah

6. Dana

7. Swooper, the blind flyer from The Hermit of Blackrock

8. Skip, the talking mammal from Return to Hanging Rock

9. Rooter

10. Ichy

11. Dil

12. Archie

13. Tickles

15. Doc

16. Dara

17. Tippy

18. "Mrs. Mama" (the longneck from Journey to Big Water)

19. The Tinysauruses (Big Daddy, etc.)

20. Loofah

21. Doofah

22. Foobie

I think that should about cover it. However, you have anymore questions, comments, etc. feel free to post here or pm me. Other then that, have fun, follow the rules, respect your fellow players, and bow to your game master errrm...mind your game master. :D Whatever works.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since the next part of my current plans for this RP include my character meeting Ruby's family, I was wondering if I could play those characters. (Besides a father and mother, Ruby also has a younger brother and a younger sister, but that's it.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Chronicler: Certainly! *adds and edits*

@Jasper: R&R the rules, ask questions if desired, and fill out your dinosona or if not just play as yourself. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to copy 'n paste a plan Chronicler and I were discussing over pm. This is what the conclusion was:

When the captured group fights back at the Fast-Biter army, my character tries to make his escape, knowing that traitors always get the worst punishment. His hopes of using the Rainbowface to escape sci-fi style turns out to be futile. As the tide of the battle turns against the Fast-Biter army, the talking Fast-Biter decides to call off the deal by throwing my character at the group while he, Screech, Thud, and the rest of the army flee. My character is then dragged back to the Great Valley and everyone is told of his treachery. Virtually everyone avoids him, but after a few days, some help from Ruby, and helping to defend the valley from another attack, he eventually regains everyone's trust. Meanwhile, the Fast-Biter army ends up competing with Redclaw to attempt to take over the Great Valley.

I personally like this idea, it gives more ground for Red Claw to work with, and it allows him to deal with all of these sorts of new challenges with some benefits.

It also allows Chronicler's characters to be a bit more on the center stage for a bit, like other's have been. :)

Read, comment your thoughts, and review this, what you think should happen.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Mar 10 2011 on  10:39 PM
@Chronicler: Certainly! *adds and edits*

@Jasper: R&R the rules, ask questions if desired, and fill out your dinosona or if not just play as yourself. :)

Okay and thanks. I think it's time for my character giant CJ to make his debut though I hope I'll be able to make him compatible in this story.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When the captured group fights back at the Fast-Biter army, my character tries to make his escape, knowing that traitors always get the worst punishment. His hopes of using the Rainbowface to escape sci-fi style turns out to be futile. As the tide of the battle turns against the Fast-Biter army, the talking Fast-Biter decides to call off the deal by throwing my character at the group while he, Screech, Thud, and the rest of the army flee. My character is then dragged back to the Great Valley and everyone is told of his treachery. Virtually everyone avoids him, but after a few days, some help from Ruby, and helping to defend the valley from another attack, he eventually regains everyone's trust. Meanwhile, the Fast-Biter army ends up competing with Redclaw to attempt to take over the Great Valley.

How will this happen? What will to these events?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So I got to ask. We take turns posting or we post at will until we hit the maximum number of times posted?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,Mar 11 2011 on  04:02 AM

I'll post more of our discussion here:

Chronicler, Ruby, Claw, and Chomper spend the entire day going to the home of Ruby's family, since it is the only place where Claw can find the cure for his problem. After talking with Ruby's family, Chronicler wanders off on his own in the evening. He is furious about not being home and declares that he will do whatever it takes to get back home, then he encounters a Fast-Biter than can speak both sharptooth and leafeater (called a "double-speaker" in the LBT world). The Fast-Biter reveals that he is alone because sharpteeth typically shun double-speakers as wimps, and he want's to prove them wrong. Realizing that both of them are desperate for something, Chronicler proposes a deal. Suspicious that the Rainbowfaces were responsible for bringing the GoF members to the LBT universe, Chronicler asks the Fast-Biter to capture one and get answers from him. In return, Chronicler will give knowledge on human combat that would benefit the Fast-Biters. They agree and walk away before anyone can notice them. It is the beginning of Chronicler's plot to betray the Great Valley.

After Screech and Thud decided to ditch Redclaw, they decide to join forces with the talking Fast-Biter when he convinces them that they will be guaranteed to be the most powerful Fast-Biters in the world, thanks to a traitor in the Great Valley. One night, Chronicler finds a secret location at the edge of the valley to meet with the Fast-Biter. Although he had successfully captured a Rainbowface and got some answers, Screech and Thud lost patience and killed him. As a result of getting little knowledge, Chronicler gives little knowledge to the talking Fast-Biter. However, it is enough for the Great Valley to get suspicious the next day. They realize someone is betraying the Great Valley, but nobody knows who it is (possibly further increasing tensions between the Great Valley residents and the GoF members). Things get even worse when Chronicler's sword goes missing and is revealed to have been given to the talking Fast-Biter by the traitor (everyone is still unaware that it's Chronicler).

@Jasper: I saw your entry in the dinosona thread. That's not really what I meant. You can post yourself as a dinosaur in that thread, but please don't post other characters, post those in the correct threads. Thanks.

As far as posting, simply take turns on it. One will post then another will post, then another.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Mar 11 2011 on  02:44 PM
Quote from: Myrkin,Mar 11 2011 on  04:02 AM

I'll post more of our discussion here:

Chronicler, Ruby, Claw, and Chomper spend the entire day going to the home of Ruby's family, since it is the only place where Claw can find the cure for his problem. After talking with Ruby's family, Chronicler wanders off on his own in the evening. He is furious about not being home and declares that he will do whatever it takes to get back home, then he encounters a Fast-Biter than can speak both sharptooth and leafeater (called a "double-speaker" in the LBT world). The Fast-Biter reveals that he is alone because sharpteeth typically shun double-speakers as wimps, and he want's to prove them wrong. Realizing that both of them are desperate for something, Chronicler proposes a deal. Suspicious that the Rainbowfaces were responsible for bringing the GoF members to the LBT universe, Chronicler asks the Fast-Biter to capture one and get answers from him. In return, Chronicler will give knowledge on human combat that would benefit the Fast-Biters. They agree and walk away before anyone can notice them. It is the beginning of Chronicler's plot to betray the Great Valley.

After Screech and Thud decided to ditch Redclaw, they decide to join forces with the talking Fast-Biter when he convinces them that they will be guaranteed to be the most powerful Fast-Biters in the world, thanks to a traitor in the Great Valley. One night, Chronicler finds a secret location at the edge of the valley to meet with the Fast-Biter. Although he had successfully captured a Rainbowface and got some answers, Screech and Thud lost patience and killed him. As a result of getting little knowledge, Chronicler gives little knowledge to the talking Fast-Biter. However, it is enough for the Great Valley to get suspicious the next day. They realize someone is betraying the Great Valley, but nobody knows who it is (possibly further increasing tensions between the Great Valley residents and the GoF members). Things get even worse when Chronicler's sword goes missing and is revealed to have been given to the talking Fast-Biter by the traitor (everyone is still unaware that it's Chronicler).

@Jasper: I saw your entry in the dinosona thread. That's not really what I meant. You can post yourself as a dinosaur in that thread, but please don't post other characters, post those in the correct threads. Thanks.

As far as posting, simply take turns on it. One will post then another will post, then another.
I'll modify that post I made after I get back from doing something that is.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, since Rat_lady7 wants to tell everyone about everything we discussed, I might as wall post all the plans I had mentioned (at least the ones that we will apparently go through with).

(I'll admit it may have been influenced by Bionicle, but I'm quite fond of a plot that features a traitor.)

The next day, Chronicler discovers a surface deposit of iron ore. Intending to turn the iron into a sword, he digs up enough iron to fill a hollow log that he and Ruby carry with them back to the Great Valley. Along the way, Chronicler slips and breaks his leg. Refusing to go anywhere without the iron, he asks Claw and Chomper to go back to the Great Valley and get some help. While they're gone, a pack of Fast-Biters attack, and with Chronicler unable to stand, Ruby has no choice but to fight them off herself. She is able to hold them back for some time, but they're too much for her alone. The help from the Great Valley arrives at the last minute and saves them and takes them back to the Great Valley. Chronicler is forced to not go anywhere for a day while his leg heals. After that, he takes some of the iron to the Smoking Mountain and successfully forges a crude sword.

(The rest of these plans are so far ahead in the RP that they might as well be spoilers to anyone but you.)

(I haven't thought of what will happen here, but I'll let other people deal with it.)

Later on, the GoF members, along with the gang and others, are out in the Mysterious Beyond, but are ambushed by the talking Fast-Biter, who has now formed a pack comparable to an organized army, all of them armed with swords of their own. He takes all of the group prisoner, except for the traitor. It is at this time that Chronicler reveals himself as the traitor, much to everyone's (especially Ruby's) horror. The pack had indeed captured another Rainbowface, who Chronicler hopes to use to get back home. Eventually, after traveling some distance, the prisoners decide to fight back, despite the long odds.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
can I ask, am I the only person in this story who was not in a dinosona form when I entered it? I think maybe we could work in some kind of reason why I was never a dinosaur and why I can't change into one. Does that sound like it could be a good plot point to work with?

what do you guys think?
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^We had others that came in human form, sometimes they even change from dinosaur to human form in the story, it really can go either way.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
And I pretty much still thinking of a dinosaur that has not been taken yet. I'm looking towards plesiosaurs more, but looking for ones that have not been taken yet.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would it be possible for me and jasper to meet chomper before they leave on that quest for ruby's parents?
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)