The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RP Idea: A Disruption in Time

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is the first RP I decided to make, and I decided to wait until school was over, when I would actually have to time to do it.

Back-story: This RP is based on the theory about the Rainbowfaces from LBT 7 that I came up with over a year ago. Basically, they were not extraterrestrials, but rather the descendants of a global civilization that had long ago left the planet. Long ago, they lived like all the other kinds of dinosaurs, but their high intelligence allowed them to create civilization; eventually reaching a point where it resembled the modern human world, except in place of humans are the Rainbowface species. After a series of catastrophes, nearly all of them left the planet forever in spaceships (some chose to stay behind and go back to the wild). The events of LBT take place 10,000 years after this event, allowing plenty of time for most traces of such development to disappear.

For this RP, the plot starts with the two Rainbowfaces from LBT 7 coming back to the planet for a routine observation. The gang wanders into the Mysterious Beyond and meet up with them. However, when they all go back to the Great Valley, they find, not the valley they all knew, but a city; a city that had vanished thousands of years ago (think of it as an average modern American city). From there, things get even stranger. From what the people in the city see, it seems that all traces of civilization outside of the city had completely disappeared, leaving them on their own. After a few days of struggling to keep the city alive, it is revealed that the entire planet has somehow turned into a patchwork of time periods. Existing on the planet at the same time are: a Spanish colony in the new world, the heart of the Roman Empire at its height, and World War Two Germany, just to name the examples I've come up with. How is this strange new planet going to live on?

A few more things. Since this civilization is not human, the names for places will be different from what we're familiar with (example: America is not called 'America' but a different name (I haven't come up with one yet)). Also, the land on the planet is not the super-continent of Pangaea, but the continents as they were 66 million years ago. (That's right, 66 million years ago. I have no intention of bringing the asteroid of doom anytime soon.)

Okay, now for the characters list (I'll update as roles are taken. OCs will be accepted):

Steven (Male Rainbowface): The Chronicler
Elizabeth (Female Rainbowface): The Chronicler
Littlefoot: The Chronicler
Cera: The Great Valley Guardian
Ducky: Kor
Petrie: Kor
Spike: Kor
Chomper: brekclub85
Ruby: The Great Valley Guardian
Ali: Nick22
Shorty: Nick22
Guido: Myrkin
OCs-
Diver: Kor
Longtail: The Great Valley Guardian
Rita: brekclub85
Rory: brekclub85
Myra: brekclub85
Greg: brekclub85
Mim: Kor
Cyrix: The Great Valley Guardian

As you can see, there's still a lot of work to do. I don't even have names for the two Rainbowfaces, which is something I'd really like for this RP. Please let me know what you think of this idea, and feel free to give me any ideas you may have for improving this RP.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention, I originally planned to use this idea in a fanfic, but there were two reasons why I chose to do an RP instead: 1, I'm currently too busy with my other fanfic to start writing another. 2, the way I planned it left the gang with very little activity and I didn't want them excluded like that.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I really would like to be in this one. If it¥s okay I¥d take Chomper and my OC Ecco?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
oh, alright :p
Then I¥ll take Littlefoot if that¥s okay.^^

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper and Littlefoot are now taken. Nimrod, could you provide a brief description of Ecco so I can add him? (This is my first RP, and I don't want to add characters that I don't know anything about.)

- Berix

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure thing :)

Name: Ecco

Description
He is a Saurolophus like Ducky.
He has a darkblue stripe on his underside than above this stripe follows a black one and on the back he has a light blue stripe (maybe I will post a picture here soon too.

Story:
He lost his parents during an earthshake. For very much years he was going along to different places in the world. He had to fight against many sharpteeth (he has a red scar on his right shoulder. One day he fight against a sharptooth and the character of Chiletrek (Cayso) came to help him. But just because this sharptooth has stolen him a meal one day. Now they are good friends and are travelling together.

personality: Brave (if he must be), a bit shy and friendly (helpfull)

That¥s all about my character. :-)

And here is a pic

http://nimrod210.deviantart.com/art/Fanfic...r-Ecco-93607066

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info. Added.

Is anybody else interested in joining?

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem interesting and different. What about the inhabitants of the Great Valley, are they gone, or are they around also?  

I'll think about who I want to play and post that later, including any of my oc's or any fc's.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, the Great Valley inhabitants will be gone, but it's more like "they don't exist yet" rather than "they all died". This is why I'm having the gang wander into the Mysterious Beyond before the strange moment that creates the patchwork planet (I got the idea for such an event from a book I read last summer). Therefore, if you want your character(s) to be in more than just the first scene of the RP, they will have to come or be in the Mysterious Beyond with the gang at that moment.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if some of my oc's would fit like Mim who is a rainbowface.  I guess any of my others would, including Diver, one of Ducky's twin sisters, But Deon may not, the young fastbiter char of mine.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll play Ali and Shorty..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ali and Shorty have been added. Kor, just give me a brief description of the OC you wish to play so I can add him/her. (I don't want too many OCs right at the start (plenty more will come later) so I'm limiting everyone to one OC, for now)

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
is it okay to create our own characters? if so this is who i had in mind if i'm aloud to join...

Name: Rex

Personality: Kind, .........don't make him angry...........

Species: Rex is a Tyrannosaurus -Rex- like Chomper, he is black and he has one red stripe that starts from the top of his head that leads down all the way to his tail, he has red eyes also

Story: Rex has been wandering the Mysterious beyond looking for a new home, because his original home was destroyed in a storm. He has met some kind leaf eaters along the way although they didn't fully trust him, he ate shellfish, small lizards and bugs to satisfy his hunger instead of eating other dinosaurs.

he looks sorta like this:
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Petrie is now taken, and Rex has been added.

I think the only requirement I'm giving for OCs at this time is that they can't be an adult. Sorry, Kor, but I think I would prefer Diver (I've heard of her as your OC, but I don't quite have enough info for me to add her to the list).

- Berix

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yay!!! :DD i'm in the rp!!!
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess I'll Diver.  She and Deon are the 2 kid oc's who's personalities seem the most developed at this point of all my kid oc's.  

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index...=0#entry2169529

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Diver is now added.

Just so you all know, it may be a while until we start, since there's still quite a few things here that need to be worked on (like giving names to the two Rainbowfaces).

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is ok.  No need and hurry to get it started.

For the names maybe you can do like lbt often does and look at the species name to get ideas for names.  Gallimimus

That is where I got the idea for my female rainbowface char, Mim.  Though she isn't allowed in this one.  Maybe if you look at the species name you may get some ideas.  

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I'd like to join as this sounds highly interesting.

I'll be bringing in my OC's Cyrix the rainbow face, and Longtail in for this one.

As for FC's I'll take Cera and Ruby.