The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hah, well I do happen to like pink. I've always thought the "pink is a girl's colour" stereotype is silly, which helped inspire me to purchase those headphones.

But it's not my favourite. That would be green, specifically bright green.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:15:52 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Well, if anyone calls you out on it, just say that the color isn't pink, it's salmon! That should solve your problem.

...Right? :p

What is the most painful sensation you have ever felt?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, they can call me out on it if they want. I don't care. I don't need to justify myself to them. :p

...actually, come to think of it, I like your "salmon" answer. I'll have to remember to use that if anyone does ever comment on my headphones. :smile

Hmm, well it's probably not the most painful per say, but one of the most gruesome. I was at a friend's swimming pool, and I slipped and banged my chin on the top of the metal bar that you use to climb out of the pool. The force of hitting myself caused me to bite into my tongue and I drew blood. Either way, it still hurt quite a lot.

There was also another time when I burned my chin on a heated stove top. I seem to have a thing for chin-related injuries.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever been infected by any type of malware on your computer?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not that I can remember. If I ever was infected, it wasn't anything significant or that did long-term damage. I do have an anti-virus program which occasionally catches files that are supposedly infected and gets rid of them for me, but I've never had any serious malware problems.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that you asked me about my first day of school, I'm curious. How was your first ever day of work?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My first ever job was a janitorial position at a sporting goods/camping store. I worked there part-time while I was still in high school. I got the job because my (then-current) step-father owned the store. I remember I didn't really care for the job at the time, but in hindsight I wish I'd given it more of a chance. The extra money was certainly nice. That said, however, it was around fifteen or so years ago now, so I don't remember the first day specifically.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What game has made up an integral part of your childhood, if any?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(please correct me if I end up asking this to the wrong person)

Just a few months ago, you managed to watch all 14 LBT movies, many of which for the very first time, yet you have apparently still not yet seen any of the TV episodes (26 in total, since it lasted only one season). Any particular reason why you're not in as much of a rush to see the TV episodes as you were to see the movies?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ImpracticalDino: I could probably name quite a few if I thought about it long enough. Off the top of my head, Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World (both for SNES) come to mind. Spent many fun days playing those in the basement of my parents' old house, and I still love Mario platformers to this day.

@The Chronicler: Yep, that's correct. When I originally joined the forum, it was only the first movie I'd seen as an adult. Although it didn't take long before I watched the sequels, as I wanted to be able to more openly discuss the rest of the series with everyone, and that way I also wouldn't have to worry about spoilers any more (and I was curious to see the rest of the movies regardless).

But yeah, I'll admit that, as of right now, I'm not that enthusiastic about seeing the TV show. For a few reasons.

For one thing, I've seen quite a few lukewarm comments about it, even from this very community. Normally I'm a firm believer in that people should just make up their own minds about something, since it's all subjective anyway. At the same time however, seeing that even some of the more avid LBT fans don't really care for the TV series, and it thus hasn't drummed up a lot of enthusiasm in me to see it myself.

The other thing is that, while I enjoyed most of the early sequels, it went downhill for me after the tenth film. #11-14 I wasn't all that crazy about, even if there were a few bright spots here and there. And perhaps related to that, I felt burnt out after I finished my initial marathon of the movies, so I needed a bit of a break from LBT anyway.

All that said, I do still plan to see the TV series at some point, partly for the sake of completionism, but it'll be more of a "when it happens" thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:35:58 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Where did you get your snazzy new lookin' profile picture from, hmm? :OhYou

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got it from here. Like with Cera and the pencil, it was just too adorable not to use.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
How much are you willing to pay for better internet where you live?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nothing. My internet works perfect as it is. <3

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you own any Pokemon games?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yes. My brother and I were huge into Pokemon growing up. We owned Pokemon Red, Blue, and two copies of Yellow (one each for my brother and myself), as well as Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Puzzle League, along with many of the trading cards.

After Generation II, I slowly began to lose interest in Pokemon, although my bro was still into it for a while. I know he owned either Gold or Silver, as well as Crystal. And again in Generation III, he owned either Ruby or Sapphire, Emerald, & either FireRed or LeafGreen. For Generation IV, he owned either Diamond or Pearl, Platinum, & either HeartGold and SoulSilver (too lazy to pick appropriate colours for these :p). After that, though, he wasn't into Pokemon either.

I considered adding Pokemon Stadium 2 to my collection as a kid as well, but I never got around to it. Several years ago when I was still in college, I also considered getting back into Pokemon and doing an epic playthrough of all the main series titles, but again, I didn't get around to it.

My brother and I have many fond memories of playing Puzzle League in particular, and we would even play with each other well into adulthood, after we'd both otherwise moved on from Pokemon.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you prefer eating out at fast-food or fine dining or both?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Was being a writer your first career choice, or did you major or wanted to be in another profession?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's a bit of a tough question to answer, as while I've been passionate about writing for as long as I can remember, I haven't always thought of it as a career option, necessarily. I do have dreams of having my own novels published someday, but I don't really consider that a "career", in the sense that it's unlikely I'd ever make a stable income from it. That would certainly be awesome if I did, but for the near future at least, my fiction writing is a hobby more than anything.

Granted, I have had successful ghostwriting/editing jobs, but I've only been doing that for about a year. That, and I am job hunting for something else at the moment.

So to answer the question directly, I'd say no, being a writer wasn't my first career choice, although I'm not sure what was my first choice. I did get a diploma in Multimedia Production at the college a few years ago, though it ultimately wasn't where my passion lay.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:14:14 AM by StardustSoldier »