The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My apologies for the delay.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Please excuse my rudeness of not introducing myself right away. I've always had the bad habit of getting a job and working there for a while before introducing myself to my coworkers, and I'm afraid that behavior reflects on forums as well. I get in too big a rush to just get down to business. It isn't an excuse though. I'm not saying that to curb your frustration of my behavior, because it is justly placed. I mean, I've been here for days and I just now show up here? You probably think I don't care and have every right to feel that way. "Where teamwork enhances community."  We can't be much of a team if you don't know me, right? I'm already making things difficult. I'll do whatever I can to make things right, and when I'm told to do things, I'll comply. Forgive me.

Now since you probably aren't too interested in selfish people, I'll try not to add too much about me. I am a 21 year old male living in Indiana. I major in English since that is the only subject I actually enjoy doing. I love reading and writing, but most importantly, I love The Land Before Time.

I will never think your ideas are stupid. Honestly. I will most certainly disagree sometimes, but we're all equal people which means our thoughts are equally valid for consideration. Even if I saw things differently than you, if you're going to take the time to post, it's only right that I take the time to see things from your perspective. That is a good way to get to know people, after all.  I will do my best to contribute to, and not slander what you all have so hard and long to build up. Thank you kindly for your time.

Happy Birthday, Saft.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome to the forum, it may be a bit of late perhaps, but it is never too late :DD , what counts is that you made your topic so all of us can salute you and welcome you to the community.
 I hope you'll enjoy been around here, so make yourself comfortable and see you around!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've already talked to you, but welcome anyway  :DD

And look, I don't believe anyone was mad at you just because you didn't post a topic here right away. I mean, when I joined here, i didn't make a topic on this board, but since then I made plenty of friends here (GVG, Dark Hououmon, Starfallraptor just to name a few.)

So don't worry, no one's angry

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
You seem a great person to talk with. Welcome here!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five! :wave

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you'll continue to have a lot of fun and get to know folks better here.   Good luck.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
You seem to be the type of person to give great insight to our topics here, so no worries about being "late".

Welcome to the GOF! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow, don't worry too much! We are not that uptight as to take offense in a belated introduction. I think you introduced yourself quite well through some of your impressive contributions to discussions and I'm looking forward to see more of them :yes
My apologies for a late response in the welcoming thread by the way :p
I was on some visits during the weekend and therefore without internet access since Saturday morning.
Anyway, welcome with us in the GOF :)

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, hope I dind't offended you in the Homosexuality topic, like I said I don't hate religious people.

Welcome to the GOF :wave !

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm late to the party, but welcome! :wave  I could tell you were an English major by the length of your posts. :p :lol

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Sorry for the late welcome mate.  :oops  Anyway, I hope you have fun here and a nice time as well ;-)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the considerate messages that continue to enhance my feeling of being welcome. You're the best.

Well, hope I dind't offended you in the Homosexuality topic, like I said I don't hate religious people.

Thank you for being concerned, but I can easily say "nothing at all to worry about," as I was not offended in any way by anyone since I've been here. Nobody ever needs to worry about offending me. Trust me. I am deathly afraid of being in a large body of water, so you have more of a chance to get me to go to a swimming party with no girls my age to flirt with than you do of offending me. No exaggeration. It is nearly impossible to come anywhere close to hurting my feelings, so please, everyone say to me as you wish.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dude, I'm majoring in English too! Along with a minor Performing Arts. From one fellow writer/procrastinator to another, a belated yet moderately verbose welcome! :wave

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, this is nothing important, just my attempt at making things easier for everyone. I like my user name and all, but I didn't think of all the effort involved to use it. Anything anyone calls me suits me just fine, but for an easier way that I would like too is simply "Sharp" for short. That has a nice ring to it, I think. I wrote that in my new member title, but I'm not sure how many poeple constantly check out others' avatars so I thought I'd say so here. The Friendly Sharptooth takes too long, and TFS is inconvinient because you either hold down shift or have to turn caps lock on then off. I think this as an easy, cool sounding solution, but again, call me whatever you wish, even nicknames don't bother me. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My best subject in College was English, although History was my major, and passion, I happen to be very good at English..in fact I tested out of having to take English as a requirement..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure everyone glances over at the avaters every once in a while, though I'm not sure the member title beneath would be noticed as often.

I had a similiar dilemma with my ff.net user name. I fixed the problem by changing it from "Dragonsoul90" to "Drake Dragonsoul" and now the name Drake has kind of stuck to me, so much that I use on almost every site I join.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I am not sure if it is typical to use one's welcome thread in such a manor, but having something to say about myself, I see no better place to do so, and besides, ironically, my old title applies to this update as well.

I am very sorry for my delays in responding to places and people on this forum. I know I'm a member of multiple RP's here, and members have wished to chat frequently with me, but I have a bit of an awkward situation, one that has been occuring for over a month now.

This time period shouldn't surprise many of you here, having seen the odditites of my writing accelerating from around then. I must clarify a few things, if only for the sake that you all understand such an increase of eccentricity is not done with a purpose. You see, I haven't had full usage of my brain from the time that I was twelve until not much longer than a month ago.

For those who have read the post of mine telling about myself, you know I have a psychotic disorder, a neuro chemical imbalance. However, the reason such lights are coming through in my recent posts and not for the first months I was here, that is due to the removal of my "help."

I had taken an anti psychotic drug called Zyprexa four times a day for the last nine years to enhance normality by limiting my thought process. As my kind tends to go a multitude of places mentally a day, this slowed my brain down. Two effects of Zyprexa are sedation (the calming of mental excitement or abatement of physiological function) and an impairment of judgement and thinking skills. So for most of the time I've been here, my mind has been forcefully calmed and weakened to prevent such recent displays of mine. For those who enjoy technicalities, this is the full drug description in question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine.

Though I am having more difficulty lately than just my writing. Since Zyprexa promotes weight gain due to increased appetite, aftet being off of it just around five weeks, I have lost 39 pounds, having a much reduced desire to eat, typically dining just once a day now. I am overwhelmed very easily with active surroundings, and, having a job that is focused on human interaction being a loader, I put in my notice at work, although I find another one working from home.

My mind is going, as the exaggerated saying goes, "a hundred miles a minute," and I sleep no more than five hours a night. My perception has increased exponentially, but that is not a blessing in the slightest. It is hard to focus on a task when nearly every minor detail disrupts my train of thought. The reason my RP attendance has decreased so is, agonizing over every detail, which can lead to a fifteen minute trial and error of just a single sentence, wears me out fairly quickly. Not so much as my job though, so after my last day at the hardware store (5/10) you will see much more of me here, be that a good thing, or not. You see, my boss had been giving me eleven hour days, and working five days a week, and I have, perhaps selfishly, been spending a lot time playing an online game Explorer suggested to me, which has been getting my mind off things to help me relax.

Having been influenced by that drug so long, I had literally forgotten what it was like to think with my complete mind, not being chained back. One of these two things will happen: I will either lose myself more as time goes on, or learn to think on my own again, as I am working with a member here via chatting who is well versed in a large number of normalities and on explaining them in a way I can understand. If I don't improve after a while though, I should probably leave here, because before I had been taking that pill, I unintentionally made many people I spoke with umcomfortable or offended them, and despite loving this forum, I know that others do too, and that factor would surely be lowered with someone here bothering them.

I suppose that's really all I have to say. I just wanted everyone to understand what's been happening, since I'm certain that at least a few people were wondering as to my change. Later.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aw. I dont think you'll ever offend anyone on this forum. Even if you might lose yourself, people know about it and won't see it as an offence or as uncomfortable. I hope your mind will be okay soon. Either way just stay around here, you're a great member :)